Card Making with Zamazenta

Tinkerer

Discussed this idea with Zama.  The purpose of this thread is to give him a prompt/design direction and he'll make one or more cards for the prompt.  Comments on the cards would be appreciated since the goal is for him to get better with card design!

@Zamazenta, do you have any rules/conditions you want to add to the game?

Prompt: Make a card that only has 1 effect

26 minutes ago, Zamazenta said:

@Mr Melon Thanks How about contest for New Thunder Dragon Support Thunder Dragons only and it has to be Lv. 3 or lower

As long as you follow the prompt, you can design the card however you like.  I'll try to give you a new prompt every day, but hopefully others can give you some other prompts to work with!

834030384_ThunderDragonThuntormantor.thumb.jpeg.28096e98ac031855cba69e3459fea629.jpeg

2+ monsters, including a "Thunder Dragon" monster
You can only Special Summon "Thunder Dragon Thuntormantor(s)" once per turn. If this card is Link Summoned: You can banish 1 "Thunder Dragon" monster from your GY, and if you do, banish 1 card your opponent controls or in their GY. Once per turn, when a card or effect is activated (Quick Effect): You can banish 1 Thunder Dragon" monster from your GY; negate the activation, and if you do, destroy that card, and if you do that, this card gains 500 ATK.

Necrozma.thumb.jpeg.6335294fd2de1f81a197feab89cdd216.jpeg

Pendulum Effect: Once per turn: You can target 1 Pendulum Monster your opponent controls banish that card. During your Standby Phase: You can Special Summon 1 "Solgaleo" or "Lunala" from your hand, Deck, or Face-up Extra Deck. You can only use this effect of "Necrozma" once per turn. If you control a face-up Pendulum monster other then "Necrozma", Solgaleo", or "Lunala" you can Special Summon this card (from the Pendulum zone). 

Monster Effect: You can only Special Summon "Necrozma(s)" once per turn. You take no battle damage from attacks involving this card. When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the GY: Your opponent discards 1 card from their hand. (The card in the hand is chosen at random.) For each card this card destroys this card gains 300 ATK.

1577561605_NecrozmaDusk.thumb.png.4e54803821d036d3a6eca137bb0c6788.png

My Friend made the Fusions

1890309039_NecrozmaDawn.thumb.png.46db26b153ffe5c78fe7eb5cfbbf4da1.png

2095790955_Odd-EyesUltraNecrozma.thumb.jpeg.8f68ed55099d5df9b7d0d0a9fd1d657b.jpeg

3+ Effect monsters, including a Pendulum Monster
Neither player can Tribute cards. While this card is on the field this card cannot be sent to the Extra Deck. Your opponent cannot target or destroy this card with card effects. If this card is Link Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "Odd-Eyes" monster from your Extra Deck to a zone this card points to, expect "Odd-Eyes Ultra Necrozma". Your opponent cannot activate cards or effects in response to this effect's activation. Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can target 1 face-up monster on the field; it loses 500 ATK/DEF and it has its effects negated until the end of this turn. During the Main Phase (Quick Effect): Shuffle any number Pendulum Monsters into the Deck, from your face-up Extra Deck, then Special Summon 1 "Odd-Eyes", "Magician" or "Performapal" Pendulum Monster from your Deck. This card can make a second attack during each Battle Phase.

Might as Well inculde His Other Forms

I... think you didn't completely get what's this thread about Zama, let me explain:

In the hope of helping you with learning to make more balanced cards, this topic was created. The idea is as follows:

A person comes and leaves a prompt for you, specifying certain things the card must have. Using those specifications, you make a card, and we'll tell you if it is balanced or not, then we proceed with the next card.

So, after Tinkerer and I left a prompt for you, you posted a series of cards that:

a) Basically ignore the prompts

b) Include cards made by "your friend".

If you keep doing that, we can't help you. If you want people to keep playing with you in this thread, you got to listen to the prompts, and (don't take it bad, because this sounds harsh) but this is about helping you, not your friend, so if your friend wants to post cards, they can do it in another thread.

Sooo... let's try again:

1️⃣  Make a Main Deck Effect Monster,

2️⃣ It can Special Summon itself with a balanced condition

3️⃣ Has 1 (and only 1) negating effect, but this negating effect has a fair cost.

Ok, we're making progress. At least it's not a 4000 ATK monster that Special Summon itself at first sneeze and negates your opponent's Deck and even their right to be born xD. Problem is you went waaaay the opposite side and made the requirements very hard and expensive. But don't worry, we're here to learn, and the above card is better than some other stuff, so we're on the right track.

Why is it now too weak? Because it depends entirely on the opponent's Deck. The opponent doesn't run WATER cards? This card is completely dead for the entire game. On top of that, no card would be good if it requires the opponent to control 4 monsters to be SS'ed, and shuffling your entire hand to negate a single effect is too costly. Suggestions to adjust:

1) Disregard the Attribute requirement (for both effects). Instead, you could ask for the opponent to control a Special Summoned monster, or an Extra Deck Monster, but only 1.

2) Keep a cost, but reduce it. Something cheap like "banish 1 card from the GY" is no good, though. You can Tribute the monster itself, or another monster, discard a card, or pay a decent amount of LP.

22 hours ago, Zamazenta said:

There is Also Necrozma which is a DARK Psychic monster

Being a type =/= supporting a type.  Reinforcement of the Army (RotA) is a Spell that supports Warriors without being a warrior itself.

In any case, it looks like you've got 2 open prompts whenever you want to make more cards.

Rayfield's prompt:

On 2/26/2021 at 2:48 PM, Rayfield Lumina said:

1️⃣  Make a Main Deck Effect Monster,

2️⃣ It can Special Summon itself with a balanced condition

3️⃣ Has 1 (and only 1) negating effect, but this negating effect has a fair cost.

My prompt:

On 2/27/2021 at 11:19 AM, Mr Melon said:

Next Prompt: Make a card that helps players going second more than it helps a player going first

Well, Flame Sir was made as response to my prompt, I think. It tries to fulfill the 3 criteria, but Zama went too far in the difficulty of summoning and cost for the negation. I gave him some pointers as to how to balance the card again in the hope the definitive one comes. You'll try again, Zama?

3 hours ago, Zamazenta said:

Oh okay I tried to not make it too cheap.

It's ok. I sound like a broken record, but we're here to learn. Making a 100% balanced card is not precisely the easiest task, there are a lot of things you have to take into account, not only for the card in itself, but also the cards that can interact with it, which in some cases is the source of abuse. For this, one needs a lot of knowledge of the meta and existing cards, which is a difficult task, I'll admit I myself am not the best in that regard n.n

3 hours ago, Zamazenta said:

Okay I'm woring on a Evenly Match that Shuffles all cards into the Deck Rather then Banishing them.

Ah, for Tinkerer's prompt? Cool. Be careful with the kind of condition you give to the card so it can be activated. Evenly Matched can only be used after the Battle Phase. Remember to include some kind of fair condition to the card, otherwise you could have an scenario in which it's turn 1, the opponent is the only one that controls cards, so you activate the card (from your hand, if you plan to give it that same effect from Evenly Matched) and leave them with an empty field, and next you start your turn. That's a no.

951512941_VoltronCyberseBeatDown.thumb.jpeg.eacf2a7eab31a6bce74f445528e5e158.jpeg

If your opponent negates the Normal or Special Summon of a monster(s) or the activation of a card or effect: Banish all cards your opponent controls and in their hand, also, for the rest of this turn after this card resolves, your opponent takes no damage. If you activated after your opponent's turn or you went seconded: Draw 1 card, then if their are cards in opponent's GY; shuffle all cards in the GY into the Deck. If you control no cards, you can activate this card from your hand. Neither player can activate cards or effects in response to this card's activation. You can only activate 1 "Voltron Cyberse Beat Down" per turn.

On 3/1/2021 at 11:56 PM, Zamazenta said:

See a card that helps players going second.

That does help a person going second, but there was no need to put "If you activated after your opponent's turn or you went seconded:".  Yugioh tries to show its intended purpose without having to be specific.  For example: "If your opponent controls a card and you control no cards", is a good condition example for going second.

Open Prompts:

On 3/2/2021 at 2:21 PM, Nerdling Wagonwheel said:

Make a monster with a low level and low attack that has an effect that destroys it to summon another monster. (This seems a little specific so let me clarify: it can be any type of summon with or without criteria I don't honestly care about that.)

• Here's a new prompt from me: Make a Normal Trap with 1 normal effect and 1 banish from GY effect.  It CANNOT activate itself from your hand.

Archived