[DAMA] New Gusto

https://ygorganization.com/sadlyonly3cardsthankssuship/

Oh look, a theme that could've had a SD gets new cards in a core set.

image.png.9ceb650b786ed5903969b9892789683d.png

DAMA-JP019 Gusta Veðr / Gusto Vether
Level 3/WIND/Winged-Beast/Tuner/Effect
You can only use this card name’s 1st and 2nd effects once per turn each.
(1) If a face-up “Gusto” monster(s) is destroyed by battle or sent to your GY and this card is in your hand: You can Special Summon this card.
(2) If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can send 1 “Gusto” monster from your Deck to the GY, then you can Special Summon 1 “Gusto” monster from your hand.
600/1000

image.png.ff2179c8110a01814c394be0b029b502.pngimage.png.5c1e8ae6745fe2f5fc84363c3da6fea0.png 

DAMA-JP040 Daigusta Raprampirika (Daigusto Raprampilica)
Level 6/WIND/Psychic/Synchro/Effect
1 Tuner + 1+ non-Tuner “Gusto” monsters
You can only Special Summon “Daigusto Raprampilica” once per turn.
(1) If this card is Synchro Summoned: You can activate this effect; you cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of this turn, except WIND monsters, also Special Summon 2 “Gusto” monsters (1 each from your hand and Deck), but their effects negated, and if you do, immediately after this effect resolves, Synchro Summon 1 “Gusto” Synchro Monster using only those 2 monsters.
(2) Your opponent cannot target other “Gusto” Synchro Monsters you control with card effects.
1900/2600

image.png.105afb9ed8eeaffae98df5e709fe76bc.png

DAMA-JP061 Gusta he no Oikaze / Gusto Tailwind
Spell/Equip
Equip only to a “Gusto” monster. You can only use this card name’s 2nd and 3rd effects once per turn each.
(1) The equipped monster cannot be destroyed by your opponent’s card effects.
(2) During your Main Phase: You can activate 1 of these effects based on the equipped monster’s Level/Rank.
● 4 or lower: Special Summon 1 “Gusto” monster with a different Type from your Deck.
● 5 or higher: Special Summon 1 Level 1 Tuner from your Deck.
(3) You can banish this card from your GY, then discard 1 WIND monster; add 1 “Gusto” Spell/Trap from your Deck to your hand.

My guess for the Synchro's stats: 2600/1900

I was never interested in actually playing Gusto, but I do appreciate their interesting playstyle.  That said, it looks like they're focusing more on Synchro Summoning aspect of Gusto more than floating/battle reversal/swapping cards, etc.  i.e. The things that made the archetype really stand out.

Though, since I've barely used the deck I dunno if this is actually the type of stuff they wanted/needed, so I'm not really qualified to complain. xD

8 hours ago, Mr Melon said:

My guess for the Synchro's stats: 2600/1900

I was never interested in actually playing Gusto, but I do appreciate their interesting playstyle.  That said, it looks like they're focusing more on Synchro Summoning aspect of Gusto more than floating/battle reversal/swapping cards, etc.  i.e. The things that made the archetype really stand out.

Though, since I've barely used the deck I dunno if this is actually the type of stuff they wanted/needed, so I'm not really qualified to complain. xD

i mean, vether + pilica, descendant of gusto is a two card otk if you opponent has a 2200+ attack monster on their field.

Summon veth -> ditch gulldo to gy -> ss pilica from hand -> use pilica to ss gulldo -> use veth+pilica to synchro sphreez -> play gusto suicide until your opponent is dead.

this is assuming you have 2 gulldo, 2 egul, and any 1 other gusto with 1000 or less atk in your deck when you start this.

so id say this stuff definitely helps though gustos are still too easily stopped in their tracts as they have nothing to protect them or their combos and still suffer from the majority of their monsters missing time. (even pilica)

4 hours ago, ~British Soul~ said:

You got the stats... in the wrong order

(EDIT'd OP with the synchro's stats)

Lol, I'm actually surprised it was close.

I just combined the original monsters' ATK/DEF. However, there was no precedent for this with any of the other Gusto Synchros.

Archived