Combination "Lv." Monster with a change in plans card game.

HQCardmaker

The name of the game is simple: Make a Chain of "Lv." Monsters, each, by tradition, requiring the Tributing of the monster of the lower level except the lowest level of the bunch. There is a twist to this game though. You can make one of the cards a Fusion, Tuner, Toon, Pendulum, Link, Ritual, Synchro, Spirit, or etc. (Trap Card Monsters count as a twist, even though the general rule otherwise is that it has to be something different in the card text next to "/EFFECT".)

You ARE allowed to use retrains of existing "Lv." Monsters.

You ARE allowed to retrain existing cards into "Lv." Monster Sets.

You ARE permitted to make a required word appear next to "/EFFECT" for the post of the next player, but it is not necessary.

You ARE permitted to set the Levels for the monsters in the post of the next player.

After page 4 is all said and done in this subject, you will be allowed to require that the "Lv." Monster Set of the next player be a retrain of an existing non-custom YuGiOh card, BUT you have to give two names for retrains in that case.

The name of the Monster in the three cards you post, written or otherwise, must match with the exception of the Level indicator in the name.

Since this card game idea is a little unorthodox, I'll give the first post the pick of the crop. If someone replies in let's say... 28 hours or so... with a post of their very own, following the format above, I won't post the first set here.

Example Card Lv. 1

Example Card Lv. 3 (Fusion? Just an example)

Example Card Lv. 6

Blah blah blah requirements if any.

(After page 4 only) Name 1 OR Name 2.

You get the idea.

Edit: I don't know why, but I lost the ability to type part way into this. So give me a minute to finish

This is actually a REALLY hard contest to pull off; between finding consistent artwork and balancing the effects. But I think I came up with a good series here and I think others will come up with some good stuff too:

AAcBVon.jpg

Card Name: Metro Robo LV 1

Effect Monster

Light Machine                                                                                                                                                                                                           

ATK 500/ DEF 400

Effect: Once per turn, when this card is Normal Summoned, if you control no other monster; Draw 1 card. During your Main Phase, you can discard 1, non-Light monster; send this card from the field to the GY, and if you do, Special Summon 1 "Metro Robo LV 4" from your hand or Deck. The monster summoned with this effect's Attribute is also treated as the Attribute of the monster discarded. 

krX74at.jpg

Card Name: Metro Robo LV 4

Effect Monster

Light Machine

ATK 1800/DEF 1600

Effect: Once per turn, during either player's turn; until the End Phase, this card is unaffected by other monster effects that have the same Attribute as this card. During your End Phase, you can send 1 monster on your side of the field, with a different Attribute and Type then this card; send this card to the GY and Special Summon 1 "Metro Robo LV 7" from your Extra Deck.

SN7UeWS.jpg

Card Name: Metro Robo LV 7

Fusion Effect Monster

Light Machine

ATK 2600/DEF 2500

Effect: "Metro Robo LV 4" + 1 non-Light, non-Machine monster

Must first be Special Summoned by the effect of "Metro Robo LV 4". When this card is Special Summoned; target up to 2 monsters in your GY, this card cannot be destroyed by battle with, and is unaffected by other effects of, monsters that share a Type or Attribute with this card or the targeted card(s).

Fl17YcB.jpg

Card Name: Metro Robo LV 10

Effect Monster

Light Machine

ATK 3200/DEF 3000

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Can only be Special Summoned (from your hand) by Tributing 1 "Metro Robo LV 7". Is unaffected by all other monster effects that share a Type or Attribute with this card or a monster card in your GY. You can declare either Spell or Trap; look at your opponent's hand and all Set Spell and Trap cards on your opponent's side of the field, destroy all face-up cards your opponent controls, and revealed cards, that are of that type. You can only use this effect of "Metro Robo LV 10" once per duel.

Backstory:

In a future, not nearly far enough away, in a time after man's hubris or greed has left the planet barren and broken; there is an old-Earth city, a reminder of the days before dust and desolation. In this city sits a tiny, simple automaton that walks the ruins entranced. As if it experienced a window into the past, the relics and baubles of the past stimulated his curiosity and fostered questions on who lived here and why this place was in ruins. One day it picked up a scattered transmission; multiple voices, intelligent conservation, society, humanity: all still existed. They must know the answers the robot thought, if it could make it to where these people were, then surely they must know the answer. But unable to cross the hazardous wastelands, he began to incorporate anything strong and functional into its body. In time he became unrecognizable, but was now powerful enough to brave the unknown. 

In time he found, perhaps, the last bastion of society. Although terrified of the mechanical being, the people recognized it was not here to harm and agreed to allow it to stay. While knowledge and history, both oral and recorded in page and film was available, the robot lacked the empathy to understand, contextualize, and "feel" the information. He held the literal knowledge, but came from the experience with more questions then answers. A young sickly woman who kept these records developed a bond with the robot and did her best to aid in its understanding. Yet the machine couldn't; it was not "equipped" to understand. The woman then struck a deal with the machine; she knew her life was short and that the robot could assimilate pieces into itself. When she died, she would allow the robot to incorporate her body into its and hoped that he would gain the emotion, empathy, and "humanity" to satisfy his quest of knowledge.

When the woman passed, the machine did graft the pieces of the woman to itself. Now part machine, part human: a biomechanical cyborg it relearned and reprocessed the information. Yet all it seemed to feel was disgust and hatred toward a people that let something so beautiful, so full of life and potential, be reduced to the hollow shell it had become. As much as it had grown in scale, it still was at its heart the same tiny and simpleminded machine that fell in love with the past. Its surge of rage and inexperience in rationalization and control of its emotions caused it to scream for retribution. It raced for where the humans of the city kept their weapons and fused everything it could find into itself. The woman's consciousness, still somewhere in the twisted mass of metal the robo had become, tried to calm it down, tried to explain that humanity had learned its lesson. Unable to reach it, and unwilling to become a witness to this horror, she used part of the machine's power to separate herself from it and build a new body for herself. Alive and independent again, she and the survivors of this world would either save the tiny robo from his own hatred or die at his merciless judgement.         

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I am going to try to breathe life into this game that died, but I won't be trying to again.

*I am too lazy to go back and fix grammar and PSCT errors I just now while typing found. Try to bear with me.*

Self-Building Castle LV 1

Level 1

EARTH

Machine/Effect

If this card face-up on the Field is Banished or sent to the GY by a means other than being Tributed to Summon a "Self-Building Castle": You can excavate up to the top 10 cards in your deck; if an "LV" monster except for a "Self-Building Castle" is in that excavation, add 1 of the "LV" monsters that fit that criteria in that excavation to your hand and place the rest of those cards at the bottom of your deck. You can only use this effect of a card by this card's name once per Duel.

ATK/ 400; DEF/ 400

839293555_Self-BuildingCastleLV1.png.6c9e26ac131b2683b920370a6ced7b09.png

Self-Building Castle LV 4

Level 4

EARTH

Machine/Synchro/Effect

1 "Self-Building Castle LV 1" + 1 non-EARTH Tuner monster

This gains the Attribute of the Tuner monster Tributed to Synchro Summon it. No substitutions can be used in the Synchro Summon of this monster. The Original Defense of this monster is 400 x the number of Attributes this monster has. While you have another Synchro monster face-up on your side of the field, increase the Original Defense of this monster by 400 x the number of Attributes all other monsters face-up on your side of the Field have.

ATK/1600; DEF/   ?

719541294_Self-BuildingCastleLV4.png.b67401cd00b2a8b75f17601597a4deae.png

Self-Building Castle LV 7

Level 7

EARTH

Machine/Effect

This card cannot be Normal Summoned. This card can only be Special Summoned by Tributing 1 face-up "Self-Building Castle LV 4" on your side of the Field. This monster gains the Attributes of the monster Tributed to Summon it. The Original Attack of this card is whatever the Attack of the monster Tributed to summon this monster was before it was Tributed + 200 x The number of Synchro Monsters face-up on your side of the Field.

ATK/   ?;DEF/2800

500350335_Self-BuildingCastleLV7.png.f07bd86eac68d262876a1db56dbb449f.png

Self-Building Castle LV 10

Level 10

EARTH

Machine/Effect

This card cannot be Normal Summoned. This card can only be Special Summoned by Tributing 1 face-up "Self-Building Castle LV 7" on your side of the Field. This monster gains the Attribute(s) of the monster Tributed to Summon it. Select an Attribute this monster does not have out of LIGHT, DARK, EARTH, and WATER and if you do, this monster gains that Attribute. This monster cannot be destroyed in battle and any battle damage calculated in a Damage Step involving this card becomes 100 x this monster's Level.

ATK/   0; DEF/   0

61954261_Self-BuildingCastleLV10.png.82611b5d3b05d70dadcbb83a86d22b34.png

Lore is not needed for this game, I have no idea why people would think it is.

Lore: Someone started building a castle with a magic brick. The brick started pulling from space-time equally and started building its structure. After the castle switched hands, it started being asked how it was building itself. This was a bad decision as it now was focusing on the question rather than being built. Overtime, it grew more and more unstable until it threatened to crumble under the weight it was producing. The crystal ball in its main hall was showing a celebration of a castle's fall from grace as a premonition. Guess what they say when it crumbles?

"JENGA!"

1- get rid of the unless it is tributed requirement maybe?

4- "The Original Defense of this monster is 400 x the number of Attributes this monster has." Just make the original DEF 800, get rid of the quoted effect, and keep the other effects.

7- Great no immediate changes

10- It can't be destroyed by battle and unless you increase its ATK you take 1000 damage every time it battles? I don't think this is doing what you wanted, and this is the one card where the attributes don't help it.

Love the Jenga aspect and LV support. Best length cards yet!

11 minutes ago, ITSUKOSOADO said:

1- get rid of the unless it is tributed requirement maybe?

4- "The Original Defense of this monster is 400 x the number of Attributes this monster has." Just make the original DEF 800, get rid of the quoted effect, and keep the other effects.

7- Great no immediate changes

10- It can't be destroyed by battle and unless you increase its ATK you take 1000 damage every time it battles? I don't think this is doing what you wanted, and this is the one card where the attributes don't help it.

Love the Jenga aspect and LV support. Best length cards yet!

1 - Yeah I'm not so sure about that myself.

4 - Either that or change the Attribute to something like LIGHT or something. At least imo.

7 - It was a bit like Blue Eyes White Dragon with extra steps so I wasn't sure myself.

10 - There are tricks to getting around battle damage; but  by the time you get to this card you are so invested that I have to agree that 1000 damage that you can occasionally turn into a 1000 damage beat stick is walking on a thin line. Unless you are one of those players with an LP deck and plenty of luck; and I don't think that is fair to the "Heart of the Cards" players. I'd probably change it to a flat rate of 100. As for the Attributes, I kinda don't want it to help the card this late in the game. The idea is by the time you make it this tall, it is ready to crumble. If anyone has any ideas as to what special feature I can squeeze in there, I'd love to hear it.

There is a reason why no one likes the card "One With Nothing" from Magic the Gathering.

Anyway, with that out of the way, back to the game.

" I'd probably change it to a flat rate of 100. As for the Attributes, I kinda don't want it to help the card this late in the game. The idea is by the time you make it this tall, it is ready to crumble. If anyone has any ideas as to what special feature I can squeeze in there, I'd love to hear it."

Then why would anyone play past the level 7? Why would anyone play a card made to be bad?

Here's my 2 cents

This card is unaffected by monsters that share an attribute with this card. This card has all the attributes of the cards on your field and in your GY. This card can attack a number of times equal to the number of attributes this card has. If this card attacks or is attacked you can negate the attack and deal 1000 damage.

The payoff for going through 4 specific monsters with minimal protection with specific requirements is a decently protected tower that deals 6000 damage at best.

@Baron-777 @HQCardmaker Is it ok for me to continue to comment on your cards, I didn't notice what section we were in.

@Dramatic Crossroad no prompt free for grabs unless otherwise specified

"After page 4 is all said and done in this subject, you will be allowed to require that the "Lv." Monster Set of the next player be a retrain of an existing non-custom YuGiOh card, BUT you have to give two names for retrains in that case."

2 minutes ago, Dramatic Crossroad said:

This sounds interesting. Is there a prompt given or free for grabs?   (Also, not sure how Xyz and Link monsters can fit into LV, since they have no levels). 

On 5/11/2021 at 12:46 PM, HQCardmaker said:

After page 4 is all said and done in this subject, you will be allowed to require that the "Lv." Monster Set of the next player be a retrain of an existing non-custom YuGiOh card, BUT you have to give two names for retrains in that case.

The name of the Monster in the three cards you post, written or otherwise, must match with the exception of the Level indicator in the name.

Also, I didn't use any of the possible requirements so far in my post, so I guess any LV series that follows the theme is fair game. You can even make a LV series from 1 to 10 of 10 cards (But since people like Itsu exist, expect glaring eyes if your series of 10 cards is unbalanced.)

As for Xyz and Link, I guess the effect would have to set the Original Level of those cards to existent and above 0. Not sure how that would work as an effect that changes such a rule of the game hasn't been made yet that still allows for balance, but if you can make a series of cards with Link or Xyz and balance it out and still have the Level match the LV inscription, go for it.

@ITSUKOSOADO Feel free to, on this page or any other I post cards in. I love feedback and I love involvement from fellow creators.

@HQCardmaker: I only put in lore cause I thought it'd be fun. Cards that tell a story are the most interesting to me. As for your cards themselves:

LV 1: I like the synergy with other LV monsters. But I don't get the Tribute restriction. Synchro Monsters send their materials to the GY; they aren't tributed. 

LV 4: Like ITSUKOSOADO said, you can keep the DEF as 800 as 9 times out of 10 it's only going to be two attributes. Overall pretty good stats for a level 4 and more so if you have a synchro monster. Again not sure why you're "No substitutions can be used in the Synchro Summon of this monster." Heck, I'd loosen it by allowing you to use more then 1 non-tuner if you wanna maximize its effect. 

LV 7: Cool as it is, just worried that it'd end up being a level 7 monster with only 1800 ATK most of the time.

LV 10: As stated before, the attribute gimmick doesn't play into this card. The reason Metro Robo's gimmick of attribute inheritance worked is that by LV 7 and 10, it broadened its protection because if you were playing the cards as intended, you'd have a GY set up with more diverse types and attributes then simply adding one every turn. Also yeah as the card is written, you have a level 10 monster with battle protection that deals YOU 1000 battle damage every time it battles. My suggestion would be something like, "Cannot be destroyed by battle. Whenever this card battles a monster that shares an attribute with this card; during the Damage Step only, its original ATK/DEF becomes equal to the ATK of the monster it battled + 1000." Just my thoughts. 

spacer.png

DarkMind Explorer LV2 (DARK)
[ Thunder / Tuner / Effect ]
If this card is used as Synchro Material for the Summon of a "LV" monster, during your next Standby Phase  you can Special Summon this card (from your GY).
You can Special Summon "Darkmind Explorer LV2" only once per turn this way.   
ATK/800 DEF/400

DarkMind Explorer LV4 (DARK)
[ Thunder / Synchro / Effect ]
1 Tuner + 1 DARK non-Tuner monster
If this card is Synchro Summoned using a "LV" Tuner monster: you cna look at your opponent's hand and select a monster in their hand (if any) with ATK lower than this card's ATK; inflict damage to your opponent equal to the difference in their ATK and if you do, your opponent must discard that monster,

ATK/ 1800 DEF/1400

DarkMind Explorer LV6 (DARK)
[ Thunder / Synchro / Effect ]
1 Tuner + 1 DARK non-Tuner Synchro monster
Once per turn, if this card was Synchro Summoned using a "LV" Tuner monster: you cna look at your opponent's hand and select a monster in their hand (if any) with ATK lower than this card's ATK; inflict damage to your opponent equal to the difference in their ATK and if you do, that monster is banished from their hand face-down.
ATK/ 2800 DEF/ 2400

Lore:   "One day, the mind produced a sinister thought... and it liked it."

Open to scrutiny, because i'm pretty sure i could not think of every single scenario where these effects can be exploited somehow. My plan was to make their downside their inherent lack of "defense" and immunity. No built in effects to prevent negation and/or destruction and overall niche summoning conditions and effect activations was my aim.

Had fun drawing this though. :) 

Archived