Wake Up Your Heart [Written]

Thomas★Zero

Wake Up Your Heart 
Quick-Play Spell Card
Target 1 "Elemental HERO" Monster in your GY; Special Summon the targeted card ignoring its summoning conditions, and if you do, gain LP equal to the summoned monsters original ATK also the summoned monster is destroyed during the End Phase this turn. During the turn you activated this card, you cannot Special Summon monsters except "HERO" Monsters. You can only activate 1 "Wake Up Your Heart" per turn.

So this card is based on the second ending of GX where it revives a Elemental HERO monster from your grave including the fusions and grants you LP equal to that monsters attack but destroys at the end of the turn. Also it limits you to only being able to Special Summon HERO monsters during that turn as well as well as you being locked out of this card if you Special Summon a non-HERO monster.

Being completely honest, I tend to not really post in your cards because I don't think it has ever resulted in a difference/reaction/reply/acklowledgement that I even posted coming from it. Though I saw a GX reference in the title, so I am biting this time xD
Wake up your Heart IS my favorite GX ending theme. Pretty reflective of Jaden's original chill vibe in the early anime.

I like the card, it being able to revive the otherwise un-revivable HERO Fusions from the anime.... I think it'd work better as a Quick-Play. Sounds like something Jaden would use to shield an ATK, eat the strongest hit, gain LP, and get said LP beaten out of him in a pinch, but in a way that he'd survive the hit. I recall he used to do that sort of thing with Emergency Provisions, Draining Shield, and Hummingbird.

The destruction would probably even work with De-Fusion in the anime. To be honest, IRL I have no idea if De-Fusion can only retrieve materials if the Fusion it touches got into the field by using materials (as opposed to having been revived).... It does say "when it was Fusion Summoned" so maybe it just keeps the record no matter how the gamestate changes from there?

1 hour ago, Sleepy said:

Being completely honest, I tend to not really post in your cards because I don't think it has ever resulted in a difference/reaction/reply/acklowledgement that I even posted coming from it. Though I saw a GX reference in the title, so I am biting this time xD
Wake up your Heart IS my favorite GX ending theme. Pretty reflective of Jaden's original chill vibe in the early anime.

I like the card, it being able to revive the otherwise un-revivable HERO Fusions from the anime.... I think it'd work better as a Quick-Play. Sounds like something Jaden would use to shield an ATK, eat the strongest hit, gain LP, and get said LP beaten out of him in a pinch, but in a way that he'd survive the hit. I recall he used to do that sort of thing with Emergency Provisions, Draining Shield, and Hummingbird.

The destruction would probably even work with De-Fusion in the anime. To be honest, IRL I have no idea if De-Fusion can only retrieve materials if the Fusion it touches got into the field by using materials (as opposed to having been revived).... It does say "when it was Fusion Summoned" so maybe it just keeps the record no matter how the gamestate changes from there?

Regarding this, Quick-Play might do for the defense plays though being mindful as a quick play you could use to bring Shadow Mist and Stratos back during your opponents turn and then if you had a second copy do it again on your turn for Stratos to extend on plays in terms of trying to not overpower this card.

The Dark Law support might be needed. I don't think I've seen it a ton since the Arc V era. I've also seen Stratos not maxed out ( something like 2 Stratos 2 Shadow Mist being simewhat of a standard)... but if you think it would over boost them, I guess Stratos used to be banned for a reason... I do think HERO cards can still be very dangerous.

Archived