He is just a man, with a manly life, what a man (Adelle & Ian Series)

Kanashimi

A porting funny side story from cygames and convert it to YGO, where a Dragonslaying Man met a Dragon, and then married, together, forever, be happy ever after, or is it?

But how they gonna make the babies?

gghvt86.png

Adelle, the Sky Warden

FIRE/Level 6

Dragon

An ancient dragon that protects the Sky Tower for centuries. A scarlet vermillion-colored scale, a proof that this dragon has bathe in the blood of it's trespasser, or perhaps, a sign of a maiden in love.

2500/2000

e9DvnDn.png

Ian, the Dragonslayer

EARTH/Level 4

Warrior/Effect

If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can add 1 Level 6 or higher Dragon Normal Monster from your Deck to your hand, then, if you add "Adelle, the Sky Warden" this way, you can add 1 "Polymerization" from your Deck or GY to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Ian, the Dragonslayer" once per turn. At the start of the Damage Step, if this card battles a Dragon monster: You can destroy that monster.

1800/1000

fDqFwRH.png

Adelle & Ian, the Dragonic Vows

FIRE/Level 8

Warrior/Fusion/Effect

1 Dragon monster + 1 Warrior monster
Unaffected by Dragon monster's effect. If this card is Fusion Summoned: You can add 1 "Dragonslaying Quest" or 1 "Valentine Confession" from your Deck or GY to your hand, then if you add "Valentine Confession" this way, it cannot be activated this turn. Once per turn, during the Main Phase: You can activate this effect; send as many Dragon monsters on the field as possible to the GY, but any battle damage your opponent takes for the rest of this turn is halved.

3000/2800

8JU7Cvy.png

Dragonslaying Quest

Spell/Continuous

All monsters your opponent controls that were Special Summoned from the Extra Deck become Dragon. You can discard 1 card; apply 1 of the following effects.
● Add 1 "Ian, the Dragonslayer" from your Deck or GY to your hand.
● Shuffle 1 "Adelle, the Sky Warden" from your GY into the Deck, and if you do, draw 1 card.
You can only use this effect of "Dragonslaying Quest" once that turn.

ylQW7zg.png

Valentine Confession

Trap/Normal

If you control "Adelle & Ian, the Dragonic Vows", you can activate this card from your hand. Target 1 monster you control; apply the following effect, depending on the monster targeted by this effect.
● "Adelle, the Sky Warden": It's ATK is doubled, and until the End Phase, it is unaffected by monster effects whose ATK is lower than that monsters'.
● "Ian, the Dragonslayer": Target 1 Dragon monster on the field; until the End Phase, it's ATK is halved and its effect are negated.
● "Adelle & Ian, the Dragonic Vows": Return the target to the hand, then Special Summon 1 Level 6 or higher Dragon Normal Monster and 1 Level 4 or lower Warrior monster from your GY, but for the rest of this turn, Dragon monsters in the same column as "Adelle, the Sky Warden" and "Ian, the Dragonslayer" has it's ATK halved, and their effects negated.
You can only activate 1 "Valentine Confession" per turn.

dJekwW6.png

Adelle, the Jealous Warden

FIRE/Level 6

Dragon/Effect

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned by shuffling 1 "Adelle, the Sky Warden" and 1 "Dragonslaying Quest" in your hand, field or GY into the Deck. This card's name is treated as "Adelle, the Sky Warden" while on the field or GY. If this card is Special Summoned: You can target 1 card on the field; banish it, then Special Summon 1 "Ian, the Dragonslayer" from your GY to your opponent's field. You can target 1 Dragon or Warrior monster your opponent controls; switch control of both this card and the target. You can only use this effect of "Adelle, the Jealous Warden" once per turn.

2500/2000

• 1 month later...

Wow, such an interesting concepts, based on a relationship... a unique one at that. I really love how the effects also tell the story somehow.

Since these cards depend so much on Ian & Adelle, why not create other versions of them with effects that compliment the whole archetype but treated as the originals whilst on the field or in GY, like Cyber Dragons perhaps. One example maybe enraged Adelle when it is summoned when Ian is in GY and just destory everything on the field because of anger.

Or perhaps other support that could expand the lore, Continuous Spell/Trap that is their house OR THEIR BABY!?!?

Nonetheless, great job, very inspiring!👍

I dunno what to think about this guy, @Erika Mishima... should we be admired by his capability to love others by who they are, regardless of... appearance or race, or should we just think he's just a pervert cuckoo?

I like the whole set. Very minor fixes would be, in Adelle & Ian, I think you can use "Unaffected by Dragon monster's effects". Dragonslaying Quest has more stuff to adress:

All monsters your opponent controls that were Special Summoned from the Extra Deck become Dragon. You can discard 1 card; apply 1 of the following effects.
● Add 1 "Ian, the Dragonslayer" from your Deck or GY to your hand.
● Shuffle 1 "Adelle, the Sky Warden" from your GY into the Deck, and if you do, draw 1 card.
You can only use this effect of "Dragonslaying Quest" once that turn.

Originally, it's a super HOPT, but it's not necessary. Bulleted points are the part of the same effect, it's just that they're possibilities to choose from. This means that, when using one, they all become blocked, so to speak. Basing myself on Mystrick Hulder, btw. Valentine's Confession is, funnily enough, more similar even to Mystrick Hulder.

If you control "Adelle & Ian, the Dragonic Vows", you can activate this card from your hand. Target 1 monster you control; apply the following effect, depending on the monster targeted by this effect.
● "Adelle, the Sky Warden": This card's ATK is doubled.
● "Ian, the Dragonslayer": Target 1 card on the field; return it to the hand.
● "Adelle & Ian, the Dragonic Vows": Special Summon 1 Level 6 or higher Dragon Normal Monster and 1 Level 4 or lower Warrior monster from your GY, but for the rest of this turn, cards you control cannot be targeted by your opponent card effects, except "Adelle, the Sky Warden" and monsters you control cannot be targeted for attacks, except "Ian, the Dragonslayer".
You can only activate 1 "Valentine Confession" per turn.

Yeah, the different kind of HOPT was used correctly, but again, only 1 effect with multiple possibilities to choose from, so no need for the super HOPT.

Finally, Adelle the Jealous Warden. To the Deck ---> into the Deck when shuffling cards. Another thing: Konami wants us to understand that, if you use "Must be X Summoned", that inherently means you can't Summon it in any other means, so saying precisely that is redundant nowadays (annoying, but yeah) so you can remove that part. Everything else seems perfect, except a stray comma after then that shouldn't be there xD. Dang, I'm irritating, right? xD

On 8/20/2021 at 12:31 AM, Rayfield Lumina said:

I dunno what to think about this guy, @Erika Mishima... should we be admired by his capability to love others by who they are, regardless of... appearance or race, or should we just think he's just a pervert cuckoo?

He is a pervert cuckoo, but it works right? at least he accept someone for whoever they are!

I like the whole set. Very minor fixes would be, in Adelle & Ian, I think you can use "Unaffected by Dragon monster's effects". Dragonslaying Quest has more stuff to adress:

Originally, it's a super HOPT, but it's not necessary. Bulleted points are the part of the same effect, it's just that they're possibilities to choose from. This means that, when using one, they all become blocked, so to speak. Basing myself on Mystrick Hulder, btw. Valentine's Confession is, funnily enough, more similar even to Mystrick Hulder.

Yeah, the different kind of HOPT was used correctly, but again, only 1 effect with multiple possibilities to choose from, so no need for the super HOPT.

Done and thanks!

Finally, Adelle the Jealous Warden. To the Deck ---> into the Deck when shuffling cards. Another thing: Konami wants us to understand that, if you use "Must be X Summoned", that inherently means you can't Summon it in any other means, so saying precisely that is redundant nowadays (annoying, but yeah) so you can remove that part. Everything else seems perfect, except a stray comma after then that shouldn't be there xD. Dang, I'm irritating, right? xD

That "Must be Special . . ." i actually search around some source, ugh, turns out "any other ways" were outdated sentence lol (same goes to the above wording, outdated, until i check myself some infernoble s/t), third erratum for Special Summon condition (without "by other ways"), man konami need to be consistent, else it's got confusing, even for someone already learned back then, they keep changing things/simplify it.

Annoying? Well PSCT always like that, if it annoys me, then why am i learning PSCT and do custom cards in the first place up til now? So i appreciate the fix deeply 🙃

comma after "then" is that . . . my bad habit . . . you can check my old cards, i believe all have those 😂

14 hours ago, magnus calrsen said:

Hey, where did you get the artworks from? They look really awesome!

Cygames games, Shadowverse and Rage of Bahamut

For Shadowverse here

For Rage of Bahamut here (it's on japanese, and not a full art, you need to do some cropping and edting to remove the frame/circle logo on the upper right corner)

Admittedly I was skeptical from the premise, but the set looks actually good! Ian gets the combo pieces and can also be played semi-generically for searching Poly, think of HERO Blazeman but +1 resource in the shape of a Normal Dragon to work with In turn, the effect triggers on Special Summon, giving me ideas of Isolde already. The Fusion, Conquest and the Jealous Adelle are all great for board-breaking. The set is not that good for board establishment but that's fine, a set doesn't have to be able to do everything, unless... you were to give jealous Adelle some Quick Effects but again, it's not needed.
My only issues are the high ATK for the Fusion, since 3000+ ATK is above average for a 2-material Effect Fusion monster. And the Trap gives me a bad vibe: it's average at best without the Fusion, but it's insane with the Fusion that searches it, as it gives you 2 Summons, you don't have to wait a turn to activate it, and is 500 LP short from an OTK on a clean board. It lingers on extremes in the sense that it's both good and bad at the same time, and personally I don't like this kind of design. Not saying is bad, but I would prefer it if it was more flexible and didn't go as hard with the Fusion, considering you already have such 3200-ATK beater on board.

20 hours ago, Darj said:

Admittedly I was skeptical from the premise, but the set looks actually good! Ian gets the combo pieces and can also be played semi-generically for searching Poly, think of HERO Blazeman but +1 resource in the shape of a Normal Dragon to work with In turn, the effect triggers on Special Summon, giving me ideas of Isolde already. The Fusion, Conquest and the Jealous Adelle are all great for board-breaking. The set is not that good for board establishment but that's fine, a set doesn't have to be able to do everything, unless... you were to give jealous Adelle some Quick Effects but again, it's not needed.
My only issues are the high ATK for the Fusion, since 3000+ ATK is above average for a 2-material Effect Fusion monster. And the Trap gives me a bad vibe: it's average at best without the Fusion, but it's insane with the Fusion that searches it, as it gives you 2 Summons, you don't have to wait a turn to activate it, and is 500 LP short from an OTK on a clean board. It lingers on extremes in the sense that it's both good and bad at the same time, and personally I don't like this kind of design. Not saying is bad, but I would prefer it if it was more flexible and didn't go as hard with the Fusion, considering you already have such 3200-ATK beater on board.

Fusion 3.2k ATK, yeah, was thinking when making it, either make it 3k or 3k+, i decided to make it 3k+ to see how it goes, whilst looking at Archfiend Black Skull Dragon "i think this stat is okay?", and there you go, but yeah for a generic mat and a nuke effect, i think that's too much 😅

Trap (for the fusion effect) was meant for emergency protection, and then you point out it is straight +2 extender also, welp yeah, rebalance are necessary . . .

Updated*

> Ian & Adelle stats changed from 3200/2600 to 3000/2800, also when searching Valentine Confession, no longer be activated during the turn it is added to avoid OTK and huge extender.

> Valentine Confession's effect change, adding more versatility to the effect, while rebalancing the fusion effect (no longer protection, but negation with debuff stat), Fusion effect also require to return the Fusion back to Extra Deck.

Thank you! @Rayfield Lumina @Darj

IMO the ATK of the Fusion is still high. Sure, Black Skull Dragon has 3200, and there is a bigger one, Meteor Black Dragon with 3500, but those both are non-Effect Fusions and require specific materials. Yours is as generic as it can get, which comes with Super Poly plays, and has a solid effect. I would say up to 2800 ATK is more appropriate.

12 hours ago, Erika Mishima said:

Fusion 3.2k ATK, yeah, was thinking when making it, either make it 3k or 3k+, i decided to make it 3k+ to see how it goes, whilst looking at Archfiend Black Skull Dragon "i think this stat is okay?", and there you go, but yeah for a generic mat and a nuke effect, i think that's too much 😅

Trap (for the fusion effect) was meant for emergency protection, and then you point out it is straight +2 extender also, welp yeah, rebalance are necessary . . .

Updated*

> Ian & Adelle stats changed from 3200/2600 to 3000/2800, also when searching Valentine Confession, no longer be activated during the turn it is added to avoid OTK and huge extender.

> Valentine Confession's effect change, adding more versatility to the effect, while rebalancing the fusion effect (no longer protection, but negation with debuff stat), Fusion effect also require to return the Fusion back to Extra Deck.

Thank you! @Rayfield Lumina @Darj

You're welcome n.n

Don't listen to Darj, everything is overpowered for him unless he's the one making it lol. Level 8 Fusions... Borreload Furious Dragon is 3000/2500 with solid effect. Dark Magician the Dragon Knight is another BEWD stats guy that's pretty damn easy to Super Poly with Dragonslaying Quest, for instance. Dragonecro Nethersoul Dragon is 0 DEF, yep, but 3000 ATK and requires two Zombies. Mysterion the Dragon Crown is 3000 / 1500 and requires Spellcaster + Dragon (again, prime Super Poly user). So yeah, I think you can get away with the ATK by either lowering the DEF or simply increasing this card's Level to 9, unless you were thinking of having it as 8 for Xyz plays.

22 hours ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

You're welcome n.n

Don't listen to Darj, everything is overpowered for him unless he's the one making it lol. Level 8 Fusions... Borreload Furious Dragon is 3000/2500 with solid effect. Dark Magician the Dragon Knight is another BEWD stats guy that's pretty damn easy to Super Poly with Dragonslaying Quest, for instance. Dragonecro Nethersoul Dragon is 0 DEF, yep, but 3000 ATK and requires two Zombies. Mysterion the Dragon Crown is 3000 / 1500 and requires Spellcaster + Dragon (again, prime Super Poly user). So yeah, I think you can get away with the ATK by either lowering the DEF or simply increasing this card's Level to 9, unless you were thinking of having it as 8 for Xyz plays.

Oh wow, I didn't even know Borreload Furious Dragon, I'm really out of date when it comes to cards. And it's not like Borreload Furious is brand new, it came in 2019. But the others don't have effects as good as this, considering that in combination with Conquest, and DNA Surgery and Buster Dragon if you want to get silly, it becomes a better Raigeki. Still, 3000 ATK should be fine, yeah.

btw when have I made an OP card and was not open to discussion? I call you out now :v Yes, I have made cards that outclass others... other cards that are old, outdated and barely played, if at all.

Archived