[First card with Beta Card Maker + my own art] St. Faustina

The Nyx Avatar

Well, this public beta debuted last Friday, but I really wanted to draw art for my first attempt at using it.

So for this card, I tried to make a Link monster that would (in)directly interact with an archetype I personally love. I thought of giving it an ATK boost or removal effect, but figured the archetype doesn't need that as much.

54f4a50b5337.jpg

LIGHT

Link 2

Fiend/Link/Efect

ATK:1900

2 LIGHT monsters, including a Fiend monster
While your opponent has more cards in their hand than you, Beast and Fiend monsters you control are unaffected by your opponent's monster effects. (Quick Effect) You can discard 1 monster; Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower Fiend or Beast monster from your GY.  While the monster Special Summoned by this effect is on the field, you cannot Special Summon other monsters, except Fiend and Beast monsters. You can only activate this effect of "St. Faustina" once per turn.

I recommend a nerf on this card so the materials are 2 monsters (including 1 LIGHT and 1 Fiend). This way, you can make it with 1 LIGHT Fiend + 1 monster that doesn't need to have either of those OR 1 LIGHT of any type + 1 Fiend of any Attribute. As it is, stuff you might not want to see run this card like Burning Abyss could make pretty easy use of it, and the kind of extreme blanket protection of the "unaffected" kind it provides can get disgustingly harsh in something this generic.

I don't think the Tri-Brigade bit Zamazenta mentioned would be a big deal either way since there's plenty of Winged Beast and Beast-Warrior stuff in there that'd just be turned off under this card.... it'd be a pretty tricky and unorthodox build and the trade off wouldn't probably be worth it. Well it could probably happen if you leave this card's revival for later on in a combo since that's the only part that locks you into specific types. It'd be tricky but IDK.

The "during either player's turn" and "(quick effect)" are not both needed in the same line. They are usually the same thing.
Which this is another bit that's pretty extremely generic there. Stuff like Melffy and Rescue Cat can have an easy field day with this while they also are being shielded from monster effects.

The hand size requirement is neat but it is probably not too hard to achieve even if you are not using this card specifically in Fableds.
The effects are doable on their own but together seem like a ton of good stuff in one place with the materials as generic and flexible as they are.
The material change suggestion I think would help a lot in that regard, otherwise the other option is to find a way to nerf the blanket protection and the revival in some way I think

19 hours ago, Sleepy said:

I recommend a nerf on this card so the materials are 2 monsters (including 1 LIGHT and 1 Fiend)

Erm... I went with 2 LIGHT monsters, including a Fiend monster. I felt it made more sense for a Link monster.

I  don't think the Tri-Brigade bit Zamazenta mentioned would be a big deal either way since there's plenty of Winged Beast and Beast-Warrior stuff in there that'd just be turned off under this card.... it'd be a pretty tricky and unorthodox build and the trade off wouldn't probably be worth it. Well it could probably happen if you leave this card's revival for later on in a combo since that's the only part that locks you into specific types. It'd be tricky but IDK.

Agreed. Especially now, you'd need to shoehorn in a Fiend and LIGHT monsters, defeating the purpose of running it in that archetype.

Which this is another bit that's pretty extremely generic there. Stuff like Melffy and Rescue Cat can have an easy field day with this while they also are being shielded from monster effects.

Not anymore! Not unless you run a Fiend and, I don't know...DNA Transplant?

The hand size requirement is neat but it is probably not too hard to achieve even if you are not using this card specifically in Fableds.
The effects are doable on their own but together seem like a ton of good stuff in one place with the materials as generic and flexible as they are.
The material change suggestion I think would help a lot in that regard, otherwise the other option is to find a way to nerf the blanket protection and the revival in some way I think

Yeah. I thought it was best to just restrict the materials a little more. I don't want something like Fabled to settle for less.

The "during either player's turn" and "(quick effect)" are not both needed in the same line. They are usually the same thing.

Yeah. Still having trouble getting used to that. But I've now dropped the "During either player's turn" to avoid redundancy.

On 8/14/2021 at 9:36 PM, Dokutah Jolly said:

Amazing protection that extend for the fabled unicore which is a nasty good lockdown lol

You know what's up.

Archived