Would Shaddolls be too OP for Rush Duels + these Couple of non Shaddoll Cards

Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan

Would Shaddolls be too OP for Rush Duels + these Couple of non Shaddoll Cards  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Would Shaddolls be too OP for Rush Duels + these Couple of non Shaddoll Cards

• too Busted for Rush Duels
    • KInda Broken for Rush duels don't ya think?
    • It will be fine
    • Kinda Weak

Question

12 answers to this question

The premise behind this question is so ludicrous. I just have to respond.

Shaddolls are busted on many, many levels in Rush Duels.

Let's start small:

The highest ATK on a Level 4 or lower monster in RD is 1500, and those are Normal monsters.  The only monster that breaks this limit is Vorse Raider and that is a Legend card.  Most Shaddolls exceed that maximum value, so they are way stronger than the entire rush duel lineup exclusively based on their stats.

AFAIK, no monster in RD has more than 1 effect, unless you count Maximum monsters.  All Shaddoll monsters have a minimum of 2 effects, making them way stronger than most Rush Duel cards just by virtue of having 2 usable effects.

Fusions are still new to RD and all the ones revealed have specific materials.  Adding Shaddolls with Attribute-based materials makes them infinitely more flexible than any other strategy, especially since the heavy cost of fusion summoning is already removed (because of the draw 5 every turn).

Spellcaster and Dragon are the types with the most generic support in Rush Duels, so Shaddolls gain the benefit of all of the Spellcaster support cards.

---

In an even more generic sense, I imagine Goat format decks (2005) could beat Rush Duel decks 9 times out of 10, and... you're suggesting putting in a full power meta archetype from 2014-2015?? Along with their modern support???

Honestly, this suggestion just blows me away..

40 minutes ago, Tinkerer said:

The premise behind this question is so ludicrous. I just have to respond.

Shaddolls are busted on many, many levels in Rush Duels.

Let's start small:

The highest ATK on a Level 4 or lower monster in RD is 1500, and those are Normal monsters.  The only monster that breaks this limit is Vorse Raider and that is a Legend card.  Most Shaddolls exceed that maximum value, so they are way stronger than the entire rush duel lineup exclusively based on their stats.

AFAIK, no monster in RD has more than 1 effect, unless you count Maximum monsters.  All Shaddoll monsters have a minimum of 2 effects, making them way stronger than most Rush Duel cards just by virtue of having 2 usable effects.

Fusions are still new to RD and all the ones revealed have specific materials.  Adding Shaddolls with Attribute-based materials makes them infinitely more flexible than any other strategy, especially since the heavy cost of fusion summoning is already removed (because of the draw 5 every turn).

Spellcaster and Dragon are the types with the most generic support in Rush Duels, so Shaddolls gain the benefit of all of the Spellcaster support cards.

---

In an even more generic sense, I imagine Goat format decks (2005) could beat Rush Duel decks 9 times out of 10, and... you're suggesting putting in a full power meta archetype from 2014-2015?? Along with their modern support???

Honestly, this suggestion just blows me away..

I'm sorry I just wanted to see my favourite Archetype in RD :(

I loved how the person who voted "It will be fine" is Zama himself lol.

Dunno what else to say, Tinkerer pretty much covered it all. One of the cards that scare me the most from Shaddolls up to this day is El Shaddoll Winda, but funnily enough that card is pretty much utter trash in this format xD

1 minute ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

I loved how the person who voted "It will be fine" is Zama himself lol.

Dunno what else to say, Tinkerer pretty much covered it all. One of the cards that scare me the most from Shaddolls up to this day is El Shaddoll Winda, but funnily enough that card is pretty much utter trash in this format xD

@Rayfield Lumina In Rush Duels or the 2021 META in Real Yugioh?

1 minute ago, Zefra Zamazenta said:

@Tinkerer Would Book of Moon and/or Book of Lunlar Eclipse be too Powerful for Rush Duels yes or no Please Explaine why or why not it would or wouldn't be OP?

I believe so.  Both would be too strong for RD because they are both extremely flexible and have a ton of utility both offensively and defensively.  Lunar Eclipse is not super great irl, but it would probably be better than Book of Moon in RD since the discard can help you draw into more cards next turn while also shutting down more of the opponent's board.  Remember, there's only 3 monster spaces, and flipping a monster face-down basically makes that zone unusable until the next turn.

Afaik, there's no protection against spells in Rush Duels and the game doesn't encourage "holding back", so both Books would be very good at stopping key plays in a way that no other card can.

Archived