Scythe Slayer - Lowlife Be Gone!

Atypical-Abbie

Felt like making a card, so here we are, it's sure been a while though, so just making something random that isn't tied to anything, also the new card maker test I guess. Anyway, just a Link Monster that is able to destroy monsters and boost its ATK, as well as having a protection from monsters, all tied together with the general gimmick of using monsters whose DEF is no higher than 1000

billede.thumb.png.6255df0abb9f46860cd07e4760092c81.png

2+ Effect Monsters, except monsters with more than 1000 DEF
Once per turn, during the Battle Step, if this card battles a monster, except a monster with more than 1000 DEF (Quick Effect): You can destroy that monster, and if you do, this card gains ATK equal to that monster's DEF until the end of this turn. Unaffected by other monsters' effects, except monsters with more than 1000 DEF.

Given the summoning condition, I'm not sure if you would even be allowed to use Links for its summoning, right? If you can't, the condition basically reads "4 effect monsters whose combined DEF are less than 1000". 

Assuming you intended to be able to use Links, the card still feels a little underwhelming, but it also feels like a really good card under a very specific format, so I wouldn't want to offer any buffs.

If it cannot use Links, I'd definitely recommend making it a Link 3 just to make the condition easier.

I would recommend the last effect have something like

Unaffected by monster effects, except monsters with more than 1000 DEF.

That way you keep protection vs the stuff it already did, plus links, without dedicating an extra clause to them.

2+ effect monsters

The total DEF of the materials cannot be more than 1000.

^I'd imagine that'd be the wording and text that allow Link usage without enabling anything else that it didn't already.

Due to the ATK value and it being 2k and it being a link 4, I think you can afford that small buff. Although the materials one would make it too easy for link ladder so maybe something like "including a monster with DEF" sprinkled in. 

Maybe it is getting a bit overly specific. xD all in all I like the card/concept.

31 minutes ago, Tinkerer said:

Given the summoning condition, I'm not sure if you would even be allowed to use Links for its summoning, right? If you can't, the condition basically reads "4 effect monsters whose combined DEF are less than 1000". 

Assuming you intended to be able to use Links, the card still feels a little underwhelming, but it also feels like a really good card under a very specific format, so I wouldn't want to offer any buffs.

If it cannot use Links, I'd definitely recommend making it a Link 3 just to make the condition easier.

I don't know actually, I designed it with the intention of using Link Monsters, cause it would be hard to gather up 4 monsters otherwise. Also I made it LINK-4 cause the way I set up the Link Arrows kinda makes it into a scythe shape and thought that was fun :P

9 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

I would recommend the last effect have something like

Unaffected by monster effects, except monsters with more than 1000 DEF.

That way you keep protection vs the stuff it already did, plus links, without dedicating an extra clause to them.

2+ effect monsters

The total DEF of the materials cannot be more than 1000.

^I'd imagine that'd be the wording and text that allow Link usage without enabling anything else that it didn't already.

Due to the ATK value and it being 2k and it being a link 4, I think you can afford that small buff. Although the materials one would make it too easy for link ladder so maybe something like "including a monster with DEF" sprinkled in. 

Maybe it is getting a bit overly specific. xD all in all I like the card/concept.

Maybe again, dunno, but it's meant to be immune to any Link Monsters, that was the intention in general, a Link Monster killer.

3 hours ago, Abbie said:

I don't know actually, I designed it with the intention of using Link Monsters, cause it would be hard to gather up 4 monsters otherwise. Also I made it LINK-4 cause the way I set up the Link Arrows kinda makes it into a scythe shape and thought that was fun :P

Maybe again, dunno, but it's meant to be immune to any Link Monsters, that was the intention in general, a Link Monster killer.

Well in that case, definitely my suggestion will help you there.
Currently your card does not affect Links. Not having DEF stats is not the same as having 0 stats. It means it is incompatible with DEF-related stuff. Just like how Xyzs were immune to Level-related stuff as they operate in a different system.

I think it would be really cool if it had Sleepy's changes and the effect wasn't once per turn!

or it banished!

2+ Effect Monsters

The total DEF of the materials cannot be more than 1000. If this card battles an opponent's monster whose DEF is less than 1000 for an attack (Quick Effect): You can destroy that monster, and if you do, this card gains ATK equal to that monster's DEF until the end of this turn. Unaffected by monster effects, except monsters with more than 1000 DEF.

1200ATK LINK4

or

2+ Effect Monsters

The total DEF of the materials cannot be more than 1000. Once per turn (quick effect), If this card battles an opponent's monster whose DEF is less than 1000 for an attack: You can banish that monster, and if you do, this card gains ATK equal to that monster's DEF until the end of this turn. Unaffected by monster effects, except monsters with more than 1000 DEF.

2400ATK LINK 4

Thoughts?

P.S It's nice seeing you back!

4 hours ago, Sleepy said:

Well in that case, definitely my suggestion will help you there.
Currently your card does not affect Links. Not having DEF stats is not the same as having 0 stats. It means it is incompatible with DEF-related stuff. Just like how Xyzs were immune to Level-related stuff as they operate in a different system.

2 hours ago, ITSUKOSOADO said:

I think it would be really cool if it had Sleepy's changes and the effect wasn't once per turn!

or it banished!

2+ Effect Monsters

The total DEF of the materials cannot be more than 1000. If this card battles an opponent's monster whose DEF is less than 1000 for an attack (Quick Effect): You can destroy that monster, and if you do, this card gains ATK equal to that monster's DEF until the end of this turn. Unaffected by monster effects, except monsters with more than 1000 DEF.

1200ATK LINK4

or

2+ Effect Monsters

The total DEF of the materials cannot be more than 1000. Once per turn (quick effect), If this card battles an opponent's monster whose DEF is less than 1000 for an attack: You can banish that monster, and if you do, this card gains ATK equal to that monster's DEF until the end of this turn. Unaffected by monster effects, except monsters with more than 1000 DEF.

2400ATK LINK 4

Thoughts?

P.S It's nice seeing you back!

Ok, so I made some changes, so it should work as intended now, and boosted it a little bit as well.

Archived