Majespecter Support Dump

Mr. Best Male 2008

Just gonna throw update this here and there with random support I make for the deck. Takes a lot of themes from the Lair of Darkness structure deck as I believe they would work well together if they weren't so restrictive.

kMDyaEm.jpeg

Majesty's Dragon
Field Spell
All face-up monsters on the field become WIND Spellcaster-Type monsters. Once per turn, if you would Tribute a monster you control to activate a card effect, you can Tribute 1 WIND Spellcaster-Type monster your opponent controls, even though you do not control it. You can return 1 Level 4 or lower WIND Spellcaster-Type monster you control to the hand, and if you do, Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Majespecter" monster from your Deck. You can only use this effect of "Majesty's Dragon" once per turn.

bDnedDh.png

Majespecter Dragon - Ryujin
WIND
Scales 2
Spellcaster/Pendulum/Effect

During either player's turn: You can Tribute 1 WIND - Spellcaster-Type monster; reveal 3 "Majespecter" Spell/Trap Cards from your Deck, your opponent randomly chooses 1 for you to Set on your field, and you shuffle the rest back into your Deck.  You can only use this effect of "Majespecter Dragon - Ryujin" once per turn. Cannot be targeted or destroyed by your opponent's card effects.

mMa0xTd.jpg

Majespecter Descent
Continuous Trap
Once per turn, if a WIND Spellcaster-Type Monster you control is Tributed: You can Special Summon 1 "Majespecter" monster from your Deck, or add 1 "Majespecter" Spell/Trap card from your Deck to your Hand. You cannot Special Summon monsters except "Majespecter" Monsters. 

bMVFhCa.jpeg

20 hours ago, Mr. Best Male 2008 said:

I was hella choppy on the foil photoshop on the field spell just noticed that. 

Honestly speaking, I normally do not meddle with artworks, but since you're mentioning it, the secret rare effect doesn't look too good, >_<''. Imo, perhaps each line is too wide, and the gray-ish color is not helping, probably it should be multicolored. On the other hand, the kitties look really good (I have that image somewhere in my folders, btw, it's too cute xD).

A couple of PSCT details to mention: Never use -Type, Konami abolished that ages ago, just like -Attribute, unless you're talking about multiple Attributes, like Invoked Elysium. There is no instance of non-anime/manga card that is treated as multiple types, so simply remove that part.

During either player's turn is a no-no in this case. You can still find such wording in stuff like Magical Muskets, but that one is a continuous effect that can be activated during either player's turn when the game state is open. Since this one is activated, it should be (Quick Effect):

(Quick Effect): You can Tribute 1 WIND Spellcaster monster; reveal 3 "Majespecter" Spell/Traps from your Deck, then make your opponent randomly choose 1 of those cards and Set it to your field, also shuffle the rest back into the Deck. You can only use this effect of "Majespecter Dragon - Ryujin" once per turn. Cannot be targeted or destroyed by your opponent's card effects.

Note some other tiny fixes, like removing "cards" from Spell/Traps, as cards is only used when talking about activation of those two kind of cards. The rest is just making the wording a bit cleaner.

Majespecter Descent seems pretty much perfect. If anything, it might be that you could use capitalized OR. Heck, i think I have seen cards that use the following formula, though I can't be 100% sure right now:

Once per turn, if a WIND Spellcaste monster you control is Tributed, you can: Special Summon 1 "Majespecter" monster from your Deck, OR: add 1 "Majespecter" Spell/Trap card from your Deck to your hand. You cannot Special Summon monsters, except "Majespecter" Monsters. 

That should be more or less it.

Not much to say in regard of the card's effect, they all seem quite on target as Majespecter support, me likes. The combination of the first two cards is rather iscary, as you can easily use up your opponent's monsters as Tribute fodder, and we know that's quite potent, almost impossible to avoid, (and this is, during your turn and the opponent's.) If you manage to bring this combination to the field quickly, it should be pretty hard for the opponent to overcome it in early game... perhaps I'd like it if the Tribute was only during your turn, even as a quick effect.

Glad to see you posting cards, better than posting statuses complaining about how YCM is not cool anymore :v

See ya around n.n

3 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Honestly speaking, I normally do not meddle with artworks, but since you're mentioning it, the secret rare effect doesn't look too good, >_<''. Imo, perhaps each line is too wide, and the gray-ish color is not helping, probably it should be multicolored. On the other hand, the kitties look really good (I have that image somewhere in my folders, btw, it's too cute xD).

A couple of PSCT details to mention: Never use -Type, Konami abolished that ages ago, just like -Attribute, unless you're talking about multiple Attributes, like Invoked Elysium. There is no instance of non-anime/manga card that is treated as multiple types, so simply remove that part.

During either player's turn is a no-no in this case. You can still find such wording in stuff like Magical Muskets, but that one is a continuous effect that can be activated during either player's turn when the game state is open. Since this one is activated, it should be (Quick Effect):

Note some other tiny fixes, like removing "cards" from Spell/Traps, as cards is only used when talking about activation of those two kind of cards. The rest is just making the wording a bit cleaner.

Majespecter Descent seems pretty much perfect. If anything, it might be that you could use capitalized OR. Heck, i think I have seen cards that use the following formula, though I can't be 100% sure right now:

That should be more or less it.

Not much to say in regard of the card's effect, they all seem quite on target as Majespecter support, me likes. The combination of the first two cards is rather iscary, as you can easily use up your opponent's monsters as Tribute fodder, and we know that's quite potent, almost impossible to avoid, (and this is, during your turn and the opponent's.) If you manage to bring this combination to the field quickly, it should be pretty hard for the opponent to overcome it in early game... perhaps I'd like it if the Tribute was only during your turn, even as a quick effect.

Glad to see you posting cards, better than posting statuses complaining about how YCM is not cool anymore :v

See ya around n.n

Any of the PSCT errors are just from Konami not upgrading PSCT on cards that haven't been reprinted in the past few years. I just copy and pasted the WIND-Spellcaster-Type and so on from Majespecter cards because they still have that text.

I think tributing their cards is fine on either turn. It works the same as Lair of Darkness but is less splashable than Lair. With Lair you can mix it with other archetypes such as Infernoid to put to out quite a board where as the support I made here it limits you to only Majespecter monsters who are inherently weak.

Majesty's Dragon: Can be added via Terraforming and Metaverse, takes two pages out of Lair of Darkness, and help these little guys Summon a little more. Before, they could get away with a little more with Pendulum Summoning. But with how that is now, they can't really do as much. So while the Special Summoning effect is pretty easy to pull off, I think it's okay where this archetype is concerned balance-wise.

I was gonna ask, "Don't they already have a Field Spell?". But I answered my own question: Yes and no. A Field Spell that interacts with them, but doesn't share the name.

Majespecter Dragon - Ryujin: It's no Unicorn, but another means to get Tempest or Tornado for example is appreciated.

Descent: It's an okay card. Sure, a choice between either Summon or add is good, but it's slowed down by being a Continuous Trap and triggering based on a cost you paid for something else. Not very broken, but not filler material either. It just kind of sits in the middle.

Majespecter Bird - Aosagibi: I guess a Pendulum Treasure with legs. Understandable, given how almost every means to add from the Deck has been done by this archetype already. I've still yet to see one that can recover banished cards, though.

Overall: These are some nice additions to the archetype. A nice attempt to compensate for the fact that they can't Pendulum Summon as easily anymore. Coming from someone who used to play with them at least 5 years ago.

Archived