Neighbour Slime Girl v1.3

Rayfield Lumina

156305285_TheFriendlyNeighbourSlimeGirl.thumb.jpg.aea10e39a635eeccb626aa4358b59b77.jpg

The Friendly Neighbour Slime Girl

WATER                Level 2

Aqua / Effect

If exactly 1 Level 4 or lower monster you control has its effects negated and/or is destroyed by an opponent's card effect activated in the hand or GY: You can add this card from your Deck to your hand and have this card's characteristics (Name, Attribute, Level, Type, Effect, ATK and DEF) be replaced by those of that monster, also, immediately after this effect resolves, you can Normal or Special Summon this card (The effects this card gains by its own effect are treated as haven't been activated during this turn). If Summoned this way, banish this card when it leaves the field. You can discard this card: Draw 1 card, but you cannot activate/Summon/Set it during this turn. You can only use this effect of "The Friendly Neighbour Slime Girl" once per turn.

ATK 800 / DEF 2000

Hey, fellow cardmakers, here with another creation. Whew, this one might some serious help (or not, IDK).  Please read the design notes n.n

First, the purpose of the card. Has is ever happened to you that you happily and innocently Normal Summon your engine mob and say "Effect", and then your opponent, even more happily, discards their Effect Veiler or Ghost Belle or Ash and your innocent low level mon stays there like an idiot and your whole play dies, then next turn your opponent summons like 300 monsters and OTK you? Since the answer is yes no matter who read this, our Friendly Neighbour Slime Girl is the solution for you! She notices something is off, visits you to your house and transforms into the stuff that was negated or screwed, so you can try again! Fun.

So, when I say I might need help , is because I'm unsure about some balance and the structure of the card. Particularly, I'm unsure if it's correctly to go with the "Immediately after this effect resolves" in the middle of an effect, it might need another structure. It might also strike you as odd that it's added to the hand and not directly Special Summoned, but that's because tons of effects start with their "If this card is Normal Summoned", and we want that this card becomes a "second attempt at it". Next thing I'm unsure about is the permanence of the "characteristic replacement" effect. It becomes the other monster in the hand and stays as so during its field presence... then what? Would it become its normal self when it leaves the field, or it will stay as the replaced version , even in the GY. IDK. My intention is that it stays as the replaced version while on the field and goes back to normal self if banished or in the GY, but I might need specifications for that. Second effect would only apply when it's the normal self, since it'd be a gigantic brick in the hand, it can discard herself and replace with another card, with a restrictive clause, of course. Finally, Aqua Level 2 with stats that make it usable for Salvage, Surface, Moray of Greed, Wetlands in funny cases, and while at first the auto banishment was face-down, I ended up not doing it as banished Aqua stuff has some plays. The stats are high for a Level 2, but there's some "Shelrocket Dragon" with 1100/2000, so this one can go through. Hehe... yes, another card that activates its effect in the Deck... Darj's gonna shiver.

C n' C welcome n.n

On one hand it is well balanced and "situational" on the other hand it makes a lot of hand traps (ash, veiler, ogre, and belle) power go wayyyy down. Either way auto 3 of in meta sided away if opponent won't fulfill the conditions. I will say this is a card that would reshape the game (especially because it activates in he deck)

My concern with this is that it won't actually let you "retry" the effect in a lot of cases. Since it fully copies the characteristics, it probably wouldn't be able to retry the effect if the original has an HOPT.

Speaking of copying the characteristics... What if a player decides to add it to hand, but does not Summon it? The card would no longer be public knowledge, so I'd imagine it would just turn back into a Slime girl for a free draw, right?

I'm also a little concerned about the draw effect since it doesn't have an OPT on it and there's no way for the opponent to tell which were the drawn cards.

In terms of wording, I think the "immediately after..." phrasing works. From the few cards I just looked at, it seems like that phrasing is only used in the middle of an effect when you are about to summon a monster (Blackwing Simoon, the Crystron tuners, etc.). Also, yeah, I would assume the monster keeps the characteristics while face-up on the field, but loses 'em when it leaves the field.

@TinkererI originally thought the same thing except in most cases either the effect went through or the monster was destroyed so you get to either have 2 monsters on board or the effect already went through and you get a copy level 4 or lower as fodder.

If this is a concern you can just not change slime girl's name and make her effect a HOPT. (it's very difficult to have a HOPT on a monster that copied a different monster)

1 hour ago, ITSUKOSOADO said:

On one hand it is well balanced and "situational" on the other hand it makes a lot of hand traps (ash, veiler, ogre, and belle) power go wayyyy down. Either way auto 3 of in meta sided away if opponent won't fulfill the conditions. I will say this is a card that would reshape the game (especially because it activates in he deck)

Perhaps! That's why I placed this one in casual, (that and the many doubts I have about the wording and balance). But honestly, they had it coming, isn't it? Those handtraps xD. Dunno if I'm alone, but I'm sick of worrying about them as they're in many cases game breaking, so I'm offering a solution... with a cute monster girl!

24 minutes ago, Tinkerer said:

My concern with this is that it won't actually let you "retry" the effect in a lot of cases. Since it fully copies the characteristics, it probably wouldn't be able to retry the effect if the original has an HOPT.

884636956250734612.png?v=1  HOW WAS I SO DUMB TO FORGET THIIIIS? LOL

Yeah yeah, you're completely right. I remember that during the creation process I went as far as copying the name for certain archetype interactions the card could get, but I simply forgot about the HOPT. Now... can this card actually re-use HOPT effects if it's retaining its name? It's copying the effect, which has been "used up", but since it's not the same card (a card with the same name) but something else copying, I could use it, right? I'm unsure... at any rate, removed name copying from the characteristics list.

28 minutes ago, Tinkerer said:

Speaking of copying the characteristics... What if a player decides to add it to hand, but does not Summon it? The card would no longer be public knowledge, so I'd imagine it would just turn back into a Slime girl for a free draw, right?

It's the intention, tbh, hence the "You can Normal Summon etc." It's not the main purpose of the Deck, but it's there for flexibility.

29 minutes ago, Tinkerer said:

I'm also a little concerned about the draw effect since it doesn't have an OPT on it and there's no way for the opponent to tell which were the drawn cards.

Considered the HOPT for a good time until I stupidly say: Eh, the wording is too long already, no xD. But yeah, it's problematic, so HOPT added. 

31 minutes ago, Tinkerer said:

In terms of wording, I think the "immediately after..." phrasing works. From the few cards I just looked at, it seems like that phrasing is only used in the middle of an effect when you are about to summon a monster (Blackwing Simoon, the Crystron tuners, etc.). Also, yeah, I would assume the monster keeps the characteristics while face-up on the field, but loses 'em when it leaves the field.

Purrfect! It works pretty close to what I intended, then, noice.

10 minutes ago, ITSUKOSOADO said:

@TinkererI originally thought the same thing except in most cases either the effect went through or the monster was destroyed so you get to either have 2 monsters on board or the effect already went through and you get a copy level 4 or lower as fodder.

If this is a concern you can just not change slime girl's name and make her effect a HOPT. (it's very difficult to have a HOPT on a monster that copied a different monster)

Yep yep.I decided to keep away the name changing, better that way.

Thank you both for the feedback, I hope it looks better now with the update.

Oof... Hate to be the bearer of bad news for this one, but unfortunately I'm pretty sure that the HOPT remains intact even if the name isn't copied.  (Fairy Archer was the first monster with a HOPT-like wording.  There are several rulings involving HOPT applying even if the monster's name is changed or if it gets copied by another monster.)

As a piece of general trivia, the japanese translations of HOPT is "you can only use the (X) effect of this card's name once per turn".  They don't actually put the card name in the OPT restriction.  It standardizes the HOPT restriction and it makes the above ruling make a little more sense.  Maybe?

27 minutes ago, Zefra Zamazenta said:

Hand Traps are F***** Bastards that ruins the game and are Stupid I want Hand Traps to Die also Silme Girls should apply the effects of the monster instead

Also make here first effect spell speed 4 so they can't ash you.

lol Zama, that accumulated hatred is present in every word above xD. But yeah, the idea is that, applying the effect of the mob who got screwed. Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm not adding A Super Poly-like clause, I know you like that sort of effects, but that's one of the reasons some cards go overboard. At any rate, the opponent would have use up two of their valuable hand traps to negate first effect and Slime Girl's... aaaand that particular effect doesn't have a HOPT so mwahaha, you could bring another one to finish the job.

21 minutes ago, Tinkerer said:

Oof... Hate to be the bearer of bad news for this one, but unfortunately I'm pretty sure that the HOPT remains intact even if the name isn't copied.  (Fairy Archer was the first monster with a HOPT-like wording.  There are several rulings involving HOPT applying even if the monster's name is changed or if it gets copied by another monster.)

As a piece of general trivia, the japanese translations of HOPT is "you can only use the (X) effect of this card's name once per turn".  They don't actually put the card name in the OPT restriction.  It standardizes the HOPT restriction and it makes the above ruling make a little more sense.  Maybe?

Oh hey, don't worry, don't worry, I kinda expected this in the corner of my brain, the possibility. Sad. But there's the super cheap way out (more even since this is Casual. Something like:

(The effects this card gains by its own effect are treated as haven't been activated during this turn).

nekopara-evil-laugh.gif

(another mwahaha)

Oh, and Name copying is BACK!

Ahem, what do you think? Is this too unfair or a legitimate way to make the effect work?

5 hours ago, Zefra Zamazenta said:

I hate japanse card and amercian card ruilings.

The OCG and TCG need to find a way to be less confusing.

I dont see why you should hate the differrences that technically barely exist. Like calm down is not good for your health.

So on to the card, i see it more as a balanced version of Astrograph Magician, which is good for generic tools for recovery plays. 

The only problem...unless its intended, despite using "then" conjuncted effects (if A fail > you can still do B) the effects acts as if it was "and" conjucted effect (A fails = B fails) with the part in which you have to add it to from your deck first before the gimmick happen. Which instead being the flexible recovery it become more like garnet on top of previously mention HOPT bypasssing problem

10 hours ago, Dokutah Jolly said:

The only problem...unless its intended, despite using "then" conjuncted effects (if A fail > you can still do B) the effects acts as if it was "and" conjucted effect (A fails = B fails) with the part in which you have to add it to from your deck first before the gimmick happen. Which instead being the flexible recovery it become more like garnet on top of previously mention HOPT bypasssing problem

If I understand this correctly, I kinda agree with you, but I wonder... how many effects can actually disrupt this card's effect? I don't really get what "it become more like garnet on top..." means >_<''

Can you please suggest a wording that keeps the card flexible (if truly needed)? n.n

Got no clue on proper text so I won't comment on that, besides the card's intent is clear enough, Which I want to say I dislike a ton. Call me biased but "from Deck" effects are both something I dread and I don't support, as it is the next step in power creep. I would rather see koomy make the powercreep leaps than card makers. And this is an actually good "from Deck" effect, ensuring a combo effect works most of the time because few things can stop effects of monsters in the Deck, I can only think of PSYFrame Gamma, Ash Blossom and Crossout Designator. I dislike the "get hand trapped or win" metagames the game has (d)evolved to as much as the next guy, but I don't think this would be a healthy way to patch it. Now, I can't say it is terribly broken because it is limited to Level 4 or lower monsters, only responds to hand or GY effects, and I acknowledge that a free +1 is not that big of a deal when modern meta decks generate like, a lot of pluses, but it's the concept what I am bashing.
On another note, I see what you did with those stats, a cute nod to Humanoid Slime. And Level 2 is of course asking for a Toadally Awesome play.

4 hours ago, Darj said:

Got no clue on proper text so I won't comment on that, besides the card's intent is clear enough, Which I want to say I dislike a ton. Call me biased but "from Deck" effects are both something I dread and I don't support, as it is the next step in power creep.

I'm with you on that one but from the deck effects have existed at least since charmers. As long as an effect is INCREDIBLY situational and nets an appropriate amount of card advantage I've excepted the inevitable.

I would rather see koomy make the powercreep leaps than card makers. And this is an actually good "from Deck" effect, ensuring a combo effect works most of the time because few things can stop effects of monsters in the Deck, I can only think of PSYFrame Gamma, Ash Blossom and Crossout Designator. I dislike the "get hand trapped or win" metagames the game has (d)evolved to as much as the next guy, but I don't think this would be a healthy way to patch it.

fair

Now, I can't say it is terribly broken because it is limited to Level 4 or lower monsters, only responds to hand or GY effects, and I acknowledge that a free +1 is not that big of a deal when modern meta decks generate like, a lot of pluses, but it's the concept what I am bashing.
On another note, I see what you did with those stats, a cute nod to Humanoid Slime. And Level 2 is of course asking for a Toadally Awesome play.

:)

8 minutes ago, ITSUKOSOADO said:

I'm with you on that one but from the deck effects have existed at least since charmers. As long as an effect is INCREDIBLY situational and nets an appropriate amount of card advantage I've excepted the inevitable.

I actually appreciate more than you can imagine the fact that you're so open-minded.

4 hours ago, Darj said:

Got no clue on proper text so I won't comment on that, besides the card's intent is clear enough, Which I want to say I dislike a ton. Call me biased but "from Deck" effects are both something I dread and I don't support, as it is the next step in power creep. I would rather see koomy make the powercreep leaps than card makers. And this is an actually good "from Deck" effect, ensuring a combo effect works most of the time because few things can stop effects of monsters in the Deck, I can only think of PSYFrame Gamma, Ash Blossom and Crossout Designator. I dislike the "get hand trapped or win" metagames the game has (d)evolved to as much as the next guy, but I don't think this would be a healthy way to patch it. Now, I can't say it is terribly broken because it is limited to Level 4 or lower monsters, only responds to hand or GY effects, and I acknowledge that a free +1 is not that big of a deal when modern meta decks generate like, a lot of pluses, but it's the concept what I am bashing.

The negative critique is disheartening. Can't say much more, it's always the same when it's you. Sigh.

4 hours ago, Darj said:

But at least someone finally noticed this, I refrained from saying anything and simply justified the stats in the design notes, expecting someone would mention it.

8 hours ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

If I understand this correctly, I kinda agree with you, but I wonder... how many effects can actually disrupt this card's effect? I don't really get what "it become more like garnet on top..." means >_<''

Can you please suggest a wording that keeps the card flexible (if truly needed)? n.n

Well garnet, coined by Gem-knight Garnet is card involve in combo that require such card to stay on deck since part of the combo dump stuff from deck. So its actually bad to draw "garnet"-like card from deck since its make the combo impossible.

In the case of this card due to how it work, you actually dont want to draw this since the initial resolution require you pull this out from the deck before you summon it hence, its actually bad since (might not your intention) the same effect cannot be activated from your hand (not longer in deck)

to be fair im not official appointed judge and many of my experiment is wording spagetti of problems myself 

The best i could think of its like this:

"You can take this card from your deck or hand...."

Using take wording so that instead dealing with moving problem we simply remove the hand vs deck problem altogether

The other solution is the spagetti of "(if it was there when you x) (even if not)." [Check Darkest Diabolos]  Now its not exactly like diabolos ability to be special summoned from 2 place, but i think we can reverse engineer this so that it work whenever you add by the initial effect first or if you already have the hand. Maybe like "(either this card in your hand or not when the monster is destroyed or negated)"

Just now, ITSUKOSOADO said:

@Dokutah Jolly I think it's better being a garnet given the nature of the card giving it at least one downside. It has the hand effect to discard which makes up for the effect not working in the hand.

Well i guess that also a legit way to look at it. 

At that point might as well replace the "then" conjunction with "and"

On 9/8/2021 at 10:39 PM, Dokutah Jolly said:

At that point might as well replace the "then" conjunction with "and"

Done this! I had my doubts... while it had the "then", it was more flexible because after then was "you can". The "and" forcefully makes this card convert into the one who got screwed. Then again, you still can Summon it or not, and if you don't, it's very likely it's going to stay on the hand, and next turn, being non-public knowledge like Tinkerer mentioned, will lose it's stolen qualities. Thank you, Jolly Molly.

1 hour ago, Zefra Zamazenta said:

I hate hand Traps so much this cardsould problry also have a Called by the Grave to lock out all Evil Maxx C and Ashes.

Oh, you want banish + negation of effects until the end of next turn? I mean, I understand your hate towards those hand traps, but you gotta be careful with all those negations n' stuff. The card is already strong as it can be brough to hand + Normal/Special Summoned from Deck. It allows a second chance with most effects which is the premiere intention of this card, there's no need to go further than that (and her second effect which is also good). I might make another anti hand trap that is more streamlined and has negation properties in the future.

26 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Oh, you want banish + negation of effects until the end of next turn? I mean, I understand your hate towards those hand traps, but you gotta be careful with all those negations n' stuff. The card is already strong as it can be brough to hand + Normal/Special Summoned from Deck. It allows a second chance with most effects which is the premiere intention of this card, there's no need to go further than that (and her second effect which is also good). I might make another anti hand trap that is more streamlined and has negation properties in the future.

Can you please make her a Tuner?

Archived