"Can you give a story to this card?" Contest of Creativity and Imagination! (UPDATE : Scoring System and Example)

Nede

THEME

Hey all, to understand this contest, I might have to tell you the backstory of how I finally created this contest in the first place. First of all, some of you may know that I like to create a card on YCM based on a lore of how it looked like. I usually search for images of creatures in Google Image or Pinterest and when I finally found one, I edit them in PS to make it as Yugioh as possible. And when I'm designing the card, I tried to fit the Name, Level, Attribute, ATK/DEF, Effect, etc to match the lore of the creature I've envisioned in my head.

But frequently, I found images of creatures that I think are really awesome but I just couldn't think what it's Name, Effect, or any lore behind it. And so for this contest, I want you guys to design a card based on the images below with a lore you've created.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Contest1.thumb.png.b6d308e9a1e4ca81e5b7c569643cc05a.pngContest2.thumb.png.0261671d17f836e8d48e1fee9f5b194b.pngContest3.thumb.png.e37bf90b01b0e45547d3f32ad45899fb.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RULES

- Choose ONLY 1 IMAGE from above

- It has to be a MONSTER CARD

- You MUST PROVIDE A LORE, and ATLEAST explain why you give it a certain Name or Effects, but explanation on other things such as Attributes, Level, Typing, ATK/DEF, etc is a plus.

- It DOESN'T HAVE TO BE COMPETITIVELY STRONG, BE AS CREATIVE AS YOU CAN TO MATCH THE CARD, from the Names, Effects, etc.

SCORING SYSTEM

1. Lore - /7
I want to know how deep is the lore based on only 1 image that you see. ATLEAST, what kind of creature is it? (A deity? Ancient being? Ex-human? Just an ol' regular monsters in the wild? Etc) What does it do and what kind of impact does this creature bring to the universe that it's in (A protector? A destroyer? An unknown mysterious being? Etc) and what is it's power/strength/weakness/threat?

2. Name, Effect, Level, Type, ATK/DEF - /5
I want to see how creative can you be coming up with the Name, Effect, etc

3. Lore Implementation to the Card Design - /10
This is the most important part, how does the lore transform itself into a Yugioh Card. You need to explain which part of the lore implemented in which part of the card (Name? Which effect? ATK/DEF? Level? etc). I'll be judging how "alive" is the card based on the lore.

4. Realistic and Balanced - /3
Cards that are more realistic and balanced to the Yugioh TCG gets a plus. It's hard enough coming up with something creative, but also balanced?!? *applause*

TOTAL /25

DEADLINE

8th of October 2021 (As requested), but changes might occur.

EXAMPLE

(a simple one, you can make it much better and detailed than this)

Lore:

Once upon a time, there was a wizard that successfully defeated the Evil Lord and brought peace to the village, he was called Gama. He became the hero, legend, savior, and other praiseworthy title for his bravery and keep protecting the village for many many years after that. 50 years has passed, Gama is still a strong wizard, but has a very limited power due to his illness and his old age. But if a  time comes where the village is in danger again, he still has 1 secret forbidden spell up in his sleeves, even though it might have to sacrifice his own life. 

(Yugioh card with an artwork of an Old Wizard)

Gama, The Senior Mage
LIGHT/Level 6
Spellcaster/Effect
ATK 2400/ DEF 1800

You can destroy 1 monster on the opponent field with ATK lower than this card's ATK. You can tribute this card (Quick Effect): Banish 1 monster on your opponent side of the field, then take damage equal to it's ATK. You can only use each effect of "Gama, the Senior Mage" once per turn.

Explanation:
Since he's a wizard that protects the village, he's a LIGHT Spellcaster monster. With his staff, he can create fireballs to eradicate smaller enemies (Destroy 1 monster with ATK lower than this card's ATK). But if a day comes when a really strong monster threaten the village, he must use his last resort, his forbidden spell "Eternal Punishment" where he send his opponent to another realm, but with a cost of his life (Tribute this card, banish 1 monster). He's a strong but a kind-hearted wizard, so he won't use his spell to hurt anyone in the village (All effects can only target monsters on the opponent field)

You don't have to create it exactly like that, but just to give an example or reference of what I meant in the rules and scoring system to avoid any confusion.

PRIZE

1st : I could create an artwork for 3 of your cards if you want

2nd : I could create an artwork for 2 of your cards if you want

3rd : I could create an artwork for 1 of your card if you want

GOOD LUCK, I can't wait to see your creations,

If you have any further question, just ask 😃😄😁

SOURCE :

https://mobile.twitter.com/lv666_lucifer/status/904121676002091009

https://kemonozume.tumblr.com/post/107325584845

https://www.webdesignertrends.com/2014/02/smithe-illustrations-et-street-art/

24 minutes ago, Dokutah Jolly said:

wait is it 3rd september like day or you mean 1/3 of september which is like 23 spetember

idk my brain is glitchy now

but if either is true...then the deadline is a bit too short IMO

Ah, I meant 3rd October, 2 weeks from now, THANK YOU for pointing out

Just now, Zefra Zamazenta said:

Okay I'm gonna join I'll just have to do some reach search first.

Does Everything have to be exactly to the bone correct?

Sorry, myabe because English is not my native language, but what do you mean by exactly to the bone?

Regarding the rules, basically choose 1 of the 3 images, create a card, give a lore/story, and explain ATLEAST the name and effects, but explaining others such as Atrribute, Typing, Level, ATKD/DEF, etc is a plus

3 minutes ago, Nede said:

Sorry, myabe because English is not my native language, but what do you mean by exactly to the bone?

Regarding the rules, basically choose 1 of the 3 images, create a card, give a lore/story, and explain ATLEAST the name and effects, but explaining others such as Atrribute, Typing, Level, ATKD/DEF, etc is a plus

Okay to the bone means everything

I'll do my best.

7 hours ago, Zefra Zamazenta said:

Can it also be a Normal or not would that be lazy?

Because I can try to figure out an effect for 1 of them but how many effects can it be 1 at minimum?

I won’t limit anything, 1 effect only or even Normal Monster is OK

But one thing to keep in mind, is it interesting enough to justify it?

2 hours ago, Zefra Zamazenta said:

Got it Nede :) 

Oh PS: Can you please extend the due date I really want more time to think about their card chacterists?

Wow, it looks like you're going to write a whole chapter out of 1 card

BUT SURE, I'M ALL FOR IT, I'm glad someone is so enthusiastic in something so creative

OMG, another contest! Welp, I'm in the process of cooking something for another one, but when I'm done I'd like to give this a go, the concept is neat. I don't see any grading criteria, so I imagine it's all about making the lore/background, power/balance/PSCT seem unimportant. Is this correct?

5 hours ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

OMG, another contest! Welp, I'm in the process of cooking something for another one, but when I'm done I'd like to give this a go, the concept is neat. I don't see any grading criteria, so I imagine it's all about making the lore/background, power/balance/PSCT seem unimportant. Is this correct?

Yep, I won’t limit anything, you can even say this creature is a god of creation so when you summon it, you automatically win.

But in my experience when creating a deep lore, I’ve found out that drawbacks/limitations/weakness make the card and lore more alive.

Easiest example is, a spellcaster that can’t attack during the turn he activated his effect because he’s too exhausted to attack after casting his magic

30 minutes ago, Nede said:

Yep, I won’t limit anything, you can even say this creature is a god of creation so when you summon it, you automatically win.

But in my experience when creating a deep lore, I’ve found out that drawbacks/limitations/weakness make the card and lore more alive.

Easiest example is, a spellcaster that can’t attack during the turn he activated his effect because he’s too exhausted to attack after casting his magic

Safe to say even if you alllowed any creation, its much better if its still has typical contest guideline.

You can ask mods for details about these guidelines which really help the participant create a even fitting card too

On 9/19/2021 at 2:17 PM, Dokutah Jolly said:

Safe to say even if you alllowed any creation, its much better if its still has typical contest guideline.

You can ask mods for details about these guidelines which really help the participant create a even fitting card too

Okay, I see, thank you very much

To @ITSUKOSOADO @Zefra Zamazenta  @Rayfield Lumina and other participants

First of all, I'd like to apologize if I made any confusion because of my lacking explanation, so here's the Scoring System and an Example (I've already updated the thread too)

SCORING SYSTEM

1. Lore - /7
I want to know how deep is the lore based on only 1 image that you see. ATLEAST, what kind of creature is it? (A deity? Ancient being? Ex-human? Just an ol' regular monsters in the wild? Etc) What does it do and what kind of impact does this creature bring to the universe that it's in (A protector? A destroyer? An unknown mysterious being? Etc) and what is it's power/strength/weakness/threat?

This is the most important part, how does the lore transform itself into a Yugioh Card. You need to explain which part of the lore implemented in which part of the card (Name? Which effect? ATK/DEF? Level? etc). I'll be judging how "alive" is the card based on the lore.

Cards that are more realistic and balanced to the Yugioh TCG gets a plus. It's hard enough coming up with something creative, but also balanced?!? *applause*

TOTAL /25

EXAMPLE

(a simple one, you can make it much better and more detailed than this)

Lore:

Once upon a time, there was a wizard that successfully defeated the Evil Lord and brought peace to the village, he was called Gama. He became the hero, legend, savior, and other praiseworthy title for his bravery and keep protecting the village for many many years after that. 50 years has passed, Gama is still a strong wizard, but has a very limited power due to his illness and his old age. But if a  time comes where the village is in danger again, he still has 1 secret forbidden spell up in his sleeves, even though it might have to sacrifice his own life. 

Gama, The Senior Mage
LIGHT/Level 6
Spellcaster/Effect
ATK 2400/ DEF 1800

You can destroy 1 monster on the opponent field with ATK lower than this card's ATK. You can tribute this card (Quick Effect): Banish 1 monster on your opponent side of the field, then take damage equal to it's ATK. You can only use each effect of "Gama, the Senior Mage" once per turn.

Explanation:
Since he's a wizard that protects the village, he's a LIGHT Spellcaster monster. With his staff, he can create fireballs to eradicate smaller enemies (Destroy 1 monster with ATK lower than this card's ATK). But if a day comes when a really strong monster threaten the village, he must use his last resort, his forbidden spell "Eternal Punishment" where he send his opponent to another realm, but with a cost of his life (Tribute this card, banish 1 monster). He's a strong but a kind-hearted wizard, so he won't use his spell to hurt anyone in the village (All effects can only target monsters on the opponent field).

• Nede changed the title to "Can you give a story to this card?" Contest of Creativity and Imagination! (UPDATE : Scoring System and Example)
16 hours ago, Nede said:

Okay, I see, thank you very much

To @ITSUKOSOADO @Zefra Zamazenta  @Rayfield Lumina and other participants

First of all, I'd like to apologize if I made any confusion because of my lacking explanation, so here's the Scoring System and an Example (I've already updated the thread too)

SCORING SYSTEM

1. Lore - /7

TOTAL /25

EXAMPLE

(a simple one, you can make it much better and more detailed than this)

Lore:

Gama, The Senior Mage
LIGHT/Level 6
Spellcaster/Effect
ATK 2400/ DEF 1800

Explanation:
Since he's a wizard that protects the village, he's a LIGHT Spellcaster monster. With his staff, he can create fireballs to eradicate smaller enemies (Destroy 1 monster with ATK lower than this card's ATK). But if a day comes when a really strong monster threaten the village, he must use his last resort, his forbidden spell "Eternal Punishment" where he send his opponent to another realm, but with a cost of his life (Tribute this card, banish 1 monster). He's a strong but a kind-hearted wizard, so he won't use his spell to hurt anyone in the village (All effects can only target monsters on the opponent field).

Alrighto, I'm getting pumped up, I really love to make flavourful cards. I'll cook up something for you once I'm done with my other pending contest n.n

848387261858578482.gif?v=1

I want to talk about the prize which is creating custom artworks for your cards.

Tbh, this could hype you guys up or let you guys down LOL but I think I need to explain it. 

I'M NOT DRAWING IT FROM SCRATCH. I could, but it'd take a lot of time and effort when I'm already busy with work and other stuffs.

- I edit PNGs from Google Images, Pinterest, etc in Photoshop, which means I surf the internet images of creatures with minimal or no background

- You give me the concept of what the creature looked like, I give you selection of PNGs of the creatures, You choose 1, and I'll edit it

HERE'S AN EXAMPLE OF MY PREVIOUS WORKS IN YCM:

PngItem_2046772.png.a2d177a38319d63ca7e465d746b5b3f2.png954185374_Sample_SuperVehicroidGigadrillBreaker.thumb.png.43e241c25af609c0d24c626c8fa4e541.png

DzQXTXsVsAACCE2.jpg.af70cf757a0d0f0beec92e5e3253b3d6.jpg513373712_Sample_WickedDragonErsatz2ndRetrain.thumb.png.5669fd502dc6bd508d45276e62350fc8.png

WELL, HOPE YOU GUYS GET MORE MOTIVATED (EVEN JUST A LIL' BIT) PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST!!!

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE ALL OF YOUR WORKS!!!

On 9/25/2021 at 2:22 AM, Nede said:

I want to talk about the prize which is creating custom artworks for your cards.

Tbh, this could hype you guys up or let you guys down LOL but I think I need to explain it. 

I'M NOT DRAWING IT FROM SCRATCH. I could, but it'd take a lot of time and effort when I'm already busy with work and other stuffs.

- I edit PNGs from Google Images, Pinterest, etc in Photoshop, which means I surf the internet images of creatures with minimal or no background

- You give me the concept of what the creature looked like, I give you selection of PNGs of the creatures, You choose 1, and I'll edit it

I really respect artist and that includes photoshop artist. I'm very excited for the prize (I'll try my best)!

ASIma_minalist

c2b8805b4a4b.jpg

Level 6

DARK

Machine/Effect

<5>  <7>

During each standby phase, the turn player must declare a type and attribute: all monsters they control become the declared type and attribute, then they can special summon one monster from their hand or pendulum scale that shares the declared type or attribute.

When this card is summoned: destroy all cards you control. If this card would be destroyed by battle or card effect All monsters you control lose 100 ATK times the total number of different types and attributes on the field and in the GY instead. Once per turn: You can banish 4 monsters from either players GY; apply the following effects: -all same type: negate all faceup cards until the end of the turn -all different types: draw a card -all different types and attributes: your opponent returns all set cards they control to the hand.

As card games further consumed the life of humanity, eventually the meta took over. Only perfection was accepted and only one perfection can exist. Eventually humanity assimilated with the very perfection they strove for. Their was still hope! All the Unique monsters combined their powers to finally take down the Meta. but you see... Asima Minalist is the combination of humanity and the card game itself. The one to exist alone as the sole construction of one almighty being. All will become one, one will become all.

The ultimate goal of ASIma_minalist is to make all one and the same. The pendulum effect both forces and awards conformity. I built it to work well with TCBOO.

ASIma destroys all cards you control because it puts everything into the GY; Absorption Surveillance Improvement Gathering Yard. The asylum where all elements of existence begin to align. It is weak to the existence of internal resitence, but it can capitalize on the unique power rebelling inside (different types and attributes) to implement steps to the elimination of the plague of difference. Once all is the same (4 of same type infinite negate), Eternal lockdown.

From assimilate and Minimalist, ASI is Actuated Sensor Interface, ma also indicator of macro scale.

It is Dark as it is a machine attempting to consume all to make only itself and void exist (humanity has been lost)

level 6 is reference to demonic (would do 20 for Undertale reference :P)

The 5-7 scales are so it could summon itself (yes I think left and right scales should be a thing) 4000 ATK and DEF represents the boss monster stats that it loses to lack of unity.

1 hour ago, ITSUKOSOADO said:

ASIma_minalist

851b31b4089f.jpg

Level 6

DARK

Machine/Effect

<5>  <7>

During each standby phase, the turn player must declare a type and attribute: all monsters they control become the declared type and attribute, then they can special summon one monster from their hand or pendulum scale that shares the declared type or attribute.

When this card is summoned: destroy all cards you control. If this card would be destroyed by battle or card effect All monsters you control lose 100 ATK times the total number of different types and attributes on the field and in the GY instead. Once per turn: You can banish 4 monsters from either players GY; apply the following effects: -all same type: negate all faceup cards until the end of the turn -all different types: draw a card -all different types and attributes: your opponent returns all set cards they control to the hand.

As card games further consumed the life of humanity, eventually the meta took over. Only perfection was accepted and only one perfection can exist. Eventually humanity assimilated with the very perfection they strove for. Their was still hope! All the Unique monsters combined their powers to finally take down the Meta. but you see... Asima Minalist is the combination of humanity and the card game itself. The one to exist alone as the sole construction of one almighty being. All will become one, one will become all.

From assimilate and Minimalist, ASI is Actuated Sensor Interface, ma also indicator of macro scale.

It is Dark as it is a machine attempting to consume all to make only itself and void exist (humanity has been lost)

level 6 is reference to demonic (would do 20 for Undertale reference :P)

The 5-7 scales are so it could summon itself (yes I think left and right scales should be a thing) 4000 ATK and DEF represents the boss monster stats that it loses to lack of unity.

(I'm posting this early but I know I need to update this to effect monster and I want to add an _ to the middle of the name)

NICE. You can edit your post until the deadline, so take your time.

You have provided the lore and the card, but you haven't explained the connection between the lore and the effect. Without it, I might have my own assumption about it but I'm afraid there'd be would be a misunderstanding.

let me give it a shot!

sorry if the lores are a bit bad I am not really good at this kind of stuff

I dont know if its ok to do a spell but here it is

20d1a9b494de.thumb.jpg.df1441e3f3d8a207ea22de18051fab57.jpg 

lore: A long time ago there were was a big kingdom that was ruled by 3 bad brothers they were always doing bad things to there people for there own good. It stayed like this for a years and years, but one day the people of the kingdom have had enough from those brothers so they decided to kill them. so one day in the thick dark night some of the people of the kingdom snuck inside the palace and went to the brothers's room, the guards didn't stop them since they were being treated bad by them as well so the people of the village smashed into the room and killed them then they build this statue on them.(I know this look like these stupid fantasy stories we see in cartoons but I don't have anything else in mind

the effect destroys the monster that uses others to power his own leading to the brothers were using there people for there own good and that ended by them geting `punished`

If a spell is not ok here is a monster

2daf304de91a.thumb.jpg.5fa7b756d959ea206d2f501561372ccd.jpg

lore: this is a unkown creature that was moving around the universe destroying every thing in its way. They say that this creature has the ability to take the power from anything he destroys witch makes it unstoppable, they say that If it used all. the power it has it can destroy the whole universe!

the effect here of taking the destroyed monster's ATK/DEF points and effect goes to the fact that it takes the power of what it destroys and destroying all the cards goes to using its full power. for the type its unknown because nobody know what it really is, and dark because it destroys thing so like evil.

THE CARD

8GnQFYf.jpg

-Pendulum text-

During your Main Phase: You can tribute any number monster you control and/or in your hand that has Level: Reduce the Levels of non-Tuner monster in either GYs and Extra Decks equal to the total Levels of Tributed monster(s) until the end of your opponent turn. and then Special summon 1 Tuner monster in your GY with the same type, attribute, and Level as one of the tributed monster other than the tributed monster(s). You can only use this effect of "Eriskelilin , Allmother of Orphaned Realities" once per turn

-Monster text-

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special summoned by tributing 4 monsters with that either Tributed Summoned OR Special Summoned using procedures with the same name as its monster card types. This card's Special Summon cannot be negated. If this card is Special Summoned: Shuffle all cards into the Deck, except this card, from each player's hand, field, also among either banished cards and face-up Pendulum Monsters from the Extra Deck. Neither player can activate cards or effects in response to this effect's activation.

THE STORY :

Even from beginning of time, Fabled  its not exactly a unified clan. It was anarcho-monarchy government based on their philosophy of “Desire as Faith” that they inherited from evil will of primordial chaos as old as most of the Star Gods that birthed them. as such outside their obedience to the upper echelon of the clan being the kings Ragin, Valkyrus, and the god-king Leviathan, the lesser Fabled constantly scheming of trying to take the throne of chaos of the three albeit fruitless for eons

But then right after the last Star God of the realm Tierra is slain, the lesser Fabled planned a new uprising. The old Miztoji send the mischievous spies Lurrie and Topi to the surface world; under pretense of order of god-king leviathan, while actually they search for remnant of Tierra hoping to find the powers of destruction of the star god which have same roots as the primordial chaos and the only kind of power that allow lesser fabled to depose their kings.

image.png.8ebf921153786ef02c13458a00db923f.pngimage.png.e6f9d3560263af92cf548087da0a54f4.png

The spies fulfilled their duties, locating a barely functioning humanoid figure escaping from tierra’s remains unbeknownst the victorious allies of Zefras. Neither living or dead, the figure is embodiment of all memories of the slain evil clans throughout times. The memories of Fabled from the body, memories of Evilswarms form the mind, while Tierra’s memories form its barely existing soul. After the spies  confirm that entity contain the sought primordial chaos as predicted by Miztoji, the evil being is brought back to the Fabled realm and subsequently experimented in order to fuse it with Miztoji’s chosen warriors. After countless fusing experiment failures, finally the perfect ursupers is born. Fabled Andwraith and Marcosia unnatural might led the lesser fabled clans in miraculous victories right to the kings throne room.

image.png.4cccbec8684063e29424836f9b503831.pngimage.png.1c5f1fdc47face6b3378bfea10539800.pngimage.png.036d04aaa36be1db97dace667bf4a2e2.png

image.png.9511e11d2f053cbb0db5f708f0032517.png

The civil war battle ended with the kings beaten. However, as Miztoji, Marcosia, and the newly ascended lesser fabled rebuilding the royal order Andwraith hear whispering chorus of the 3 evil memories telling evil promises in unison. Andwraith tempted by power absorbs as many fabled clan he can find in the realm feeding the evil will. The panicked Miztoji and Marcosia escape with the small remaining fabled as their homerealm converted into pure dark energy

With the energy he absorb from the unfortunate citizens and the physical homerealm, Andwraith now become Fabled Jahilswarm set on journey to set free the old primordial chaos and giving it a proper living vessel as new Star God of Chaos under promise that he will be the second in command in the Chaos rank. His goal is one of the last artifact of the Star God that still intact being World Legacy Key hold by Lib

Vn3x9U6.jpg

image.png.a43d8098b9edb17b82d03ec72c5be3f4.pngimage.png.f9e453ae9a3cf6c6c01c72119b9b8b6f.png

After a dramatic success, Jahilswarm activate the key that infused with the chaos contain in his body and thus the Eriskelilin “the Star God of Chaos and allmother unintended creations” is born

welp i messed up my posting format so i have to put the design notes here lol. also if its not clear enough the story is put in spoiler since its kinda huge

DESIGN NOTES

okay. its basically a massive strings and thumbtacks that not even fully canon lol  (one of the story card is actually another creation made from another contest lmao). all the image is cool but this one motivate me the most. the idea sorta came thanks to konami currently open ended endings to both Duel Terminal and World Legacy story. now as the Star God series like Sophia, Tierra, Avida, and Demiugear before her, Eriskelilin is level 11 nomi monster with combine stat of 7000 that super-hard to summon but accompanied by equally super removal. but of course as the new god with ambition to rule over all i decide to give her twist as Pendulum Monster with scale 0 (allowing player to summon nearly anything. meant ato exert her dominion over all) which also making her less bricky than her other compatriot. the pendulum effect itself is actually meant as a very subtle support for archetype that "compose" her as part of the story being Fabled and lswarm (which in my story featured creation also depicted in Jahilswarm) it can lower levels to help high level fabled synchro to be summoned under evilswarm Ophion while simultaneously provide synchro material (which also reflect her as chaotic creator god)

the name Eriskelilin is combination of 3 female (arguebly, maybe not) evil deities:

Eris the greek goddess of Strife and mother of all gods of sufferings, Ereshkigal, the Mesopotamian Queen of the Underworld, and finally Lilin/Lilith being the mistress of Adam and mother of all Demonkind in Hebrew religion

this name combo meant to further reflect her chaotic nature while giving it trinity of  "new age" "syncretism" "gnostic secret teaching" vibes which happen to in theme with Demiugear and Sophia (both taken from very specific Gnostic teaching). it also hint possible rival (outside of this contest perhaps?) based on evolutionary digital simulation software like Tierra and Avida (to be fair i havent found the ones that has cool name like those 2)

well its also DARK Psychic (since made from pure energy) so definitely evul lel

Archived