Card Makers~Okay I've returned. I told Deity Mitsu he didn't have to ask to join...

Soul Immortal

I don't see many if any on going threads on this forum. So I thought maybe it would be nice to start 1. But first I have a question to ask:

~Is there another forum that has this idea in it?

What idea you ask? Well read on further;

The idea I have is that there will be a Group put together. The group will be of those people willing, and able to make cards of quality not quantity, and collectively not individually.

It will start off with 1 person being the "Card Creator"~he/she will be the person who posts up a card with only a picture on it, and make the adjustments etc. The group will then choose if they think the picture is suitable or not. The "Card Creator" at that time can choose to forfeit/pass the responsibility on to another member. After the "Card Creator", and appropriate picture have been decided, the group will then come up with the:

~Name of the Card

~Card type [Monster, Spell or Trap] and all other details for that type. [What type of Monster it would be if it was a Monster Card, and so on].

~and any thing else that will need working on.[rarity, the set number if the cards are going to be made into sets

Then once the card is "Finalized" and all Group Members are satisfied, and agree. The Card will be posted into another thread to be showcased, and credited. Then the new "Card Creator" for the next Card will be chosen. And the process then repeats from the beginning.

This is quality before quantity so obviously the process will be slow, so obvious patience will be required for all those who are interested. A certain level of card making skill, and a fair understanding of card terminology grammar/punctuation etc will be needed. That will mean there will be a member qualifying stage for those who want to enter.

criteria:

~Teamwork

~Honesty

~Creativity [cool card ideas]

~eye for detail, and picture choosing skills[frequently chooses suitable pictures for cards]

~basic art skills [achieving a good quality card which means editing, cropping etc]

~Grammar/punctuation [goes without saying]

If some one is really bad in 1 area it does not count you out from being a member. e.g. Someone with real good creativity, good team work, and has basic art skills but lacks in the spelling department will still be considered because others will help work on that area. On the other hand, some one who consistently makes bad spelling mistakes, poor picture quality, and can not make a decent card will probably not fit the criteria for this Group.

So is there another forum with this idea?

If not then consider my idea.

Another thing I've only been on here 3 days, and I do not know everyone as some of you will. Those who have been on this forum longer than I will be more familiar with the people who definitely have the required skill level. So in saying that if you feel there is someone who should be in this group, and that wants to join just let me know to save them having to prove themselves. I will just take that persons word for it.

Well thats all for now. Just waiting to hear back from everyone else with feedback/ideas, and questions.

Nate,

Soul

Update

A list of Members so far:

Soul Immortal aka SIX. Elite Member. Group Owner.

bhim. Is a Mod. Advanced Member. Knows his stuff!.

God Kaze aka Kaze/GK. Elite Member. Legendary Card Maker.

StevenBray. Fan-Fic Writer. Advanced Member. [iNACTIVE]

SushiTheLegend aka STL. Elite Member. Graphics Dept.

Aroran. Rookie Member. [iNACTIVE]

Zaloog91. Rookie Member.

snowyash07. Rookie Member. Grammar.

Elsandero. Rookie Member.

gyrus. Rookie Member. Card Images. [iNACTIVE]

oplo. Rookie Member. Graphics.

Dragons-4-lyfe. Rookie Member.

jedite1000. Rookie Member. Graphics.

flyingdagger8. Rookie Member.

Big Boy. Rookie Member.

CoolDude330. Rookie Member.

luke. Rookie Member.

cyberdude. Rookie Member.

tehodis. Rookie Member.

Dojinn. Rookie Member.

bastionsgirl. Rookie Member.

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, this sounds really good.

Everyone here knows what kind of cards I make. So far I've won 13 card making contests, and was picked by YCM himself to test the new card maker when he saw the kind work I put into my cards.

And the test is a good idea. I'm in!

I wasn't complaining about not being in 1. The other 2 are more like clans than anything else anyways. I visited their forums as well' date=' and they aren't the same thing that I have in mind. So I don't think mine, and the other 2 can be compared. There membership is limited in number. Mine would be limited only by ability, and contribution. There groups work on an individual worth united together. My idea is that all unite in a group effort with higher quality to a single card. Not just bringing in cards that they made individually, and put them all together or simply just have a sig signifying how better you think are than others.[no offense to the "Sumpreme 7", and "Elite-Quadro". I think my idea generates more productivity, and unity because members will have to learn to work together, be acceptive to everyones ideas, and there will be always something to do.

I will wait to hear back from others now.

[/quote']

I like the idea. I'm interested.

Archived