We Know Which Ones Are Not on the Nice List! Naughtie Archetype [WRITTEN] (15/15)

Tinkerer

Hello, fine peoples!

Looks like I've got another seasonal archetype to share!  The original prompt that hit me was very simple, but I couldn't think of a good way to execute it.  This was like my third attempt and I'm still unsure how happy I am with it, but at this rate the whole thing will get stuck on my thumbdrive forever so... enough tortured artist complaints and lemme share the concept!

"They say when life gives you lemons you make lemonade.  So when Santa gives these naughty demons some coal, they decide to make coal-powered mecha battle armor!"

That was the concept I decided to run with: a set of monsters, a set of machines, and Coal Counters.  Don't feel like delaying any more, onto the cards!

MONSTERS
Naughtie Imp
FIRE *
Fiend/Gemini/Effect
This card is a Normal monster while on the field or in the GY. While equipped with a card(s), this card becomes an effect monster with the following effects.
- This card can attack directly.
- If this card inflicts battle damage: You can place 3 Coal Counters on 1 "Naughtiengine" card you control, then, you can Special Summon 1 "Naughtie" Fiend monster from your hand or GY.
300/200

Naughtie Asmodian
FIRE ***
Fiend/Gemini/Effect
This card is a Normal monster while on the field or in the GY. While equipped with a card(s), this card becomes an effect monster with the following effects.
- This card cannot be destroyed by battle
- This card can declare 2 attacks on monsters per turn.
- After damage calculation, if this card battles: You can send 1 "Naughtie" card from your Deck to the GY; place 1 Coal Counter on 1 "Naughtengine" card you control.
500/1200

Naughtie Ifrit
FIRE ****
Fiend/Gemini/Effect
- At the start of damage calculation, if this card battles, you can destroy the monster that this card battles, and if you do, place 1 Coal Counter on all "Naughtiengine" cards you control.
- Once per turn: You can Special Summon 1 "Naughtiengine" monster from your hand or Spell/Trap Zone, and if you do, place 2 Coal Counters on it.
1000/2000

Naughtiengine Embuster
FIRE 6*
Machine/Union/Effect
If this card is Summoned: You can Fusion Summon 1 Fusion monster using this card and other monsters you control as material.  Once per turn, you can either: Equip this card from your hand or field to 1 "Naughtie" monster you control, OR: Special Summon this equipped card. The equipped monster gains 2000 ATK and if it would be destroyed, you can destroy this card instead. You can remove 2 Coal Counters from this monster or equip card and activate 1 of the following effects. You can only choose each of these effects of "Naughtiengine Embuster" once per turn.
- Destroy 1 card on the field.
- Add 1 "Naughtie" monster from your Deck to your hand.
2000/200

Naughtiengine Mechautoslicer
FIRE 6*
Machine/Union/Effect
If this card is Summoned: You can Fusion Summon 1 Fusion monster using this card and other monsters you control as material.  Once per turn, you can either: Equip this card from your hand or field to 1 "Naughtie" monster you control, OR: Special Summon this equipped card. The equipped monster gains 1800 ATK and if it would be destroyed, you can destroy this card instead. You can remove 2 Coal Counters from this monster or equip card and activate 1 of the following effects. You can only choose each of these effects of "Naughtiengine Mechautoslicer" once per turn.
- Halve the ATK of all monsters your opponent controls this turn.
- Add 1 "Naughtie" Spell/Trap from your Deck to your hand.
1800/1900

Naughtiengine Fearmongrr
FIRE 5*
Machine/Union/Effect
If this card is Summoned: You can Fusion Summon 1 Fusion monster using this card and other monsters you control as material.  Once per turn, you can either: Equip this card from your hand or field to 1 "Naughtie" monster you control, OR: Special Summon this equipped card. The equipped monster gains 1200 ATK/DEF and if it would be destroyed, you can either remove 1 Coal Counter from this card, or destroy this card instead. You can remove 2 Coal Counters from this monster or equip card; add 1 "Naughtie" card from your GY to your hand.  You can only use this effect of "Naughtiengine Fearmongrr" twice per turn.
1200/2400

SPELLS

Naughtiengine Workshop
Field Spell
When this card is activated: You can add 1 "Naughtie" monster from your Deck to your hand.  All "Naughtie" monsters on the field gain 100 ATK/DEF for each Coal Counter on this card.  Once per turn: You can target 1 "Naughtiengine" monster in your Spell/Trap Zone; Special Summon it.  You can only activate 1 "Naughtiengine Workshop" per turn.

Naughtiengine Iron Maiden
Equip Spell
Special Summon 1 "Naughtie" Fiend monster from your GY and equip it with this card.  The equipped monster gains 300 ATK/DEF.  While this card has 3 or more Coal Counters on it, neither this card nor the equipped monster can be targeted by your opponent's card effects.  If this card leaves the field, destroy the equipped monster.  You can banish this card from your GY and target 3 "Naughtiengine" cards in your GY; your opponent adds 1 of them to your hand, then shuffle the rest into your Deck.  You can only use this effect of "Naughtiengine Iron Maiden" once per turn.

Naughtie Bellows
Quick-Play Spell
Special Summon 1 "Naughtie" monster from your hand, then, if it is a Fiend monster, you can equip it with 1 "Naughtiengine" monster from your Deck.  You can target 1 Fusion monster you control and banish this card from your GY; equip it with 1 "Naughtiengine" monster from your GY, and if you do, place 1 Coal Counter on all "Naughtiengine" cards you control.  You can only use 1 effect of "Naughtie Bellows" per turn and only once that turn.

TRAPS

Extra Naughtie!
Continuous Trap
Once per chain: Target 1 "Naughtiengine" card you control; place 1 Coal Counter on that target, then, for the rest of the turn, that target is unaffected by the effects of cards that target it (even if this card leaves the field).  If a monster(s) is Fusion Summoned: You can shuffle 1 Normal monster from your GY into your Deck; all monsters your opponent controls lose ATK/DEF equal to the shuffled monster's ATK until the End Phase.  You can only activate this effect of "Extra Naughtie!" once per turn.

Naughtie Firestorm
Trap
Target 1 FIRE monster you control; equip this card to that target, then, send all other cards equipped to that target to the GY (if any), and if you do, destroy cards on the field up to the number of cards sent to the GY by this effect.  The equipped monster gains 700 ATK/DEF and cannot be destroyed by card effects.  When the equipped monster battles: Place 2 Coal Counters on all "Naughtiengine" cards you control.

FUSIONS

Bombardier, the Naughtie Coalsumer
FIRE 8*
Fiend/Fusion/Effect
"Naughtiengine Embuster" + 1 Fiend monster
This card is also always a Machine monster.  You can target 1 "Naughtiengine" monster in your GY; equip it to this card, then destroy 1 monster on the field whose ATK is less than this card's ATK.  During the End Phase: Remove 3 Coal Counters from 1 card you control.  If you cannot, destroy this card and Special Summon Level 4 or lower Normal monsters from your GY up to the number of cards equipped to this card on the field.  You can only use each effect of this card's name once per turn.
2000/200

Naughtie Coalsumer with Searing Swords
FIRE 8*
Fiend/Fusion/Effect
"Naughtiengine Mechautoslicer" + 1 FIRE monster
This card is also always a Machine monster.  You can target 1 "Naughtiengine" monster in your GY; equip it to this card, then, reduce the ATK of all monsters on the field by 1800.  During the End Phase: Remove 3 Coal Counters from 1 card you control.  If you cannot, destroy this card and Special Summon Level 4 or lower Normal monsters from your GY up to the number of cards equipped to this card on the field.  You can only use each effect of this card's name once per turn.
1800/1900

Naughtieger, the Ferocious Coalsumer
FIRE 7*
Fiend/Fusion/Effect
"Naughtiengine Fearmongrr" + 1 Normal or Fusion monster
This card is also always a Machine monster.  You can target 1 "Naughtiengine" monster in your GY; equip it to this card, then, negate the effects of your opponent's monsters with less ATK than this card until the End Phase.  During the End Phase: Remove 3 Coal Counters from 1 card you control.  If you cannot, destroy this card and Special Summon Level 4 or lower Normal monsters from your GY up to the number of cards equipped to this card on the field.  You can only use each effect of this card's name once per turn.
1200/2400

Chimaeratron, the Naughtie Monstrosity
FIRE 11*
Machine/Fusion/Effect
3 "Naughtie" monsters, including at least 1 Machine monster.
If this card is Special Summoned: You can equip any number of "Naughtiengine" monsters from your GY to this card.  This card can attack a number of times per turn up to the number of cards equipped to it.  When this card battles: Place 1 Coal Counter on all "Naughtiengine" cards you control.  You can only control 1 "Chimaeratron, the Naughtie Monstrosity".
0/0

Simple, aggressive, NAUGHTY! 😈

While I'd normally toss these into Realistic, I played around with both the Gemini and the Union mechanics in a way that hasn't been done IRL (yet?), so into casual these go!

Honestly, I don't have too much to say about these.  They're a pretty straightforward, 2016-era aggro deck.

EDIT: oops, forgot to ping @Rayfield Lumina again!

35 minutes ago, Lazarus IV said:

EDIT: oops, forgot to ping @Rayfield Lumina again!

I'm forgettable...

cover1.jpg

JK xD

A-Ah, ummm, effect monster --> Effect Monster. For the Union bois, I suggest using this formula:

You can Fusion Summon 1 Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, using monsters you control as Fusion Materials, including this card. Taken from Curse of Dragonfire

In Naughtiengine Mechautoslicer, Halve the ATK of all monsters your opponent controls until the end of this turn.

Welp, now I'm wondering what was the other image to the left of the evil grin emoji  xD. probably nothing good, these are   n-a-u-g-h-t-y. I loved the Fusions, they're pretty damn dangerous considering Naughtiengine Embuster and Autoslicer, specially, since those essentially make the Fusion's main effect go through on most of the opponent's cards yes or yes, anything else is pretty unrealistic unless the opponent only runs 4100 ATK monsters lol. Worried about Naughtie Firestorm, mostly because of the  counter on every attack, which becomes sick with Asmoidian as the equipped monster xD. Other than that, well, violent stuff, but cool :)

Ty for making this, well earned 150 points and a hint n.n

Archived