Messenger of Snegurochka

The Nyx Avatar

@Rayfield Lumina

I put together another card! This time a Tuner (maybe to use with the Synchro monster I posted previously?). Part of her name (Snegurochka), comes from Russian fairy tales from the last two or three centuries. "In her most recognizable form, she is Ded Moroz's granddaughter and companion as he delivers gifts to good children in celebration of the New Year." I thought this would tie in with the practices of Christmas. After all, Ded Moroz is more or less the Santa figure of Slavic mythology.

3fd1f7166aeb.jpg

Messenger of Snegurochka

WATER

Level 1

ATK:900 DEF: 0

Fairy/Tuner/Effect

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 Level 5 or higher monster from your hand in face-up Attack Position, but its ATK becomes 0, and its effects are negated. (Quick Effect): You can banish this card from your GY (except during the turn it was sent); change 1 face-down Defense Position monster on the field to face-up Attack Position.

Ermm.. again, you could replace "when" with "if" for missing the timing issues. Another minimal detail to note is that you can omit the "face-up" part when mentioning the Attack Position, modern cards do n.n

I'm loving this card, this is exactly what a Tuner should do, allowing a variety of Synchros by herself, starting from Level 6. Given the generic quality of this effect, the 0 ATK + you're vanilla clause sounds more than fair, then yeah, that fun effect that combos with Silent Nightqueen but is the kind of thing Penguins will enjoy more than fishing something fat and big inside their cozy igloo, plus this card will be supported by the likes of Salvage, always a nice thing.

My one and only "ooof, if only" is that I wish the card was Aqua and not Fairy. I mean, given the background you said it's only natural she's Fairy, so I'm just saying.

Random fact: To make sure Surface only supports the classic WATER-related type triad and not the Attribute itself, I went to check Surface. Very strangely, it says.

Target 1 Level 3 or lower Fish, Sea Serpent, or Aqua monster in your GY; Special Summon it in Defense Position.

Mentioning it because it has to do with what I said earlier of omitting "face-up". The thing is, I was convinced that, when talking about Defense Position, you HAD to specify face-up or face-down, but clearly this is not the case. Damn Konami, settle already!

20 hours ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Random fact: To make sure Surface only supports the classic WATER-related type triad and not the Attribute itself, I went to check Surface. Very strangely, it says.

Target 1 Level 3 or lower Fish, Sea Serpent, or Aqua monster in your GY; Special Summon it in Defense Position.

Mentioning it because it has to do with what I said earlier of omitting "face-up". The thing is, I was convinced that, when talking about Defense Position, you HAD to specify face-up or face-down, but clearly this is not the case. Damn Konami, settle already!

I think you have to specify if it can or must go face-down otherwise it is mandatory to be face up.

2 hours ago, Loleo said:

I think you have to specify if it can or must go face-down otherwise it is mandatory to be face up.

It would seem to be the case, but I'd swear I've seen pretty recent cards that Summon from GY in Defense Position and they specify face-up, hence my surprise seeing that Surface omitted that entirely. This warrants some check ***goes to check***

Welp, my conclusion is, Konami is just plain stupid xD. Happens that if you check Surface's errata, the one from Speed Duel: Trials of the Kingdom with a release date of 2019-12-05 has "face-up Defense Position", while this last I quoted before was released until 2021. So far, so good. Then you check World Chalice Guardragon, which was released months before the old version of Surface, and it HAS only Defense Position. In other words, this is a case of lack of consistence from those Konami dumbasses, I rest my case.

Anywho, I don't want to deviate much more from Nyx's card. What I can guarantee 100% is that Attack Position can omit the face-up yes or yes.

Archived