Meanae and the Poinsettia

Sleepy

3f6d8556f45d.jpg

Meanae and the Poinsettia
DARK Level 4 [Warrior/Christmas/Effect] 1000/1800

(This is always treated as a "Dark Scorpion" card).
 If "Don Zaloog" or a "Dark Scorpion" monster(s)" is Summoned, except "Meanae and the Poinsettia", you can activate this effect (Quick Effect): Normal Summon this card. If "Don Zaloog" or a "Dark Scorpion" monster you control inflicts battle damage to your opponent: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls and up to 1 "Don Zaloog" or "Dark Scorpion" monster you control;  equip 1 Equip Spell from your Deck and/or GY to each of them. 

- - - - - 

Notes:
-Searchable via Meanae the Thorn
-The Extra Normal Summon means you can can combo with something like "Genex Ally Crusher" that destroys 1 card OPT if you Normal Summon a DARK (even if your Dark Scorpion that triggered this effect of my card was revived).
-You have to give your opponent an equip to hold before you can even concider equipping something to your own cards, but it's no biggie since you can always give them "Darkworld Shackles",  your pick for your own monster can always be something like "Infernoble Arms Hauteclere" (makes a monster attack twice as a slow effect but also destroys an opponent's monster if the monster equipped with it is destroyed) or something that boosts ATK like "Axe of Despair" (bonus if you run Axe of Despair because it is an Archfiend card so you can actually equip Axe to your monster and "Falling Down" to your opponent's, taking control of it).
-The equip strategy makes it easier to toolbox equips like "Axe of Fools" and stuff, while you get to experiment with cards like "Swords at Dawn".

What do you people think? xP

Now obligatory tag for the event:
@Rayfield Lumina

3 hours ago, Sleepy said:

What do you people think? xP

I think I have no qualms in regard of the card, it looks pretty fun to use. Other Equip to take into consideration: Ekibyo Drakmond xD. I'm a bit confused about something: If the Equip Spell you give to the opponent has a cost, you pay for it because it is you the person activating it regardless if it's being activated in the opponent's field, right? Because Autonomous Action Unit would have been stupid if somehow you forced the opponent to pay. How about symbols of Duty? You're the person who sends the Vanilla to the GY and Special Summons the monster? Asking because that could work in combo with Chick the Yellow. And how about Two Toads with One Sting? You'd activate it by the targeting, again, regardless of which field it is being placed. Then it becomes quite a mess because the perspective of the card becomes reversed, and the "you" taking control of the Extra Deck monster if the SS'ed monster by the card is used as material ends up being the same person (the opponent).Feed for thought xD.

On 12/12/2021 at 4:18 PM, Rayfield Lumina said:

I think I have no qualms in regard of the card, it looks pretty fun to use. Other Equip to take into consideration: Ekibyo Drakmond xD. I'm a bit confused about something: If the Equip Spell you give to the opponent has a cost, you pay for it because it is you the person activating it regardless if it's being activated in the opponent's field, right? Because Autonomous Action Unit would have been stupid if somehow you forced the opponent to pay. How about symbols of Duty? You're the person who sends the Vanilla to the GY and Special Summons the monster? Asking because that could work in combo with Chick the Yellow. And how about Two Toads with One Sting? You'd activate it by the targeting, again, regardless of which field it is being placed. Then it becomes quite a mess because the perspective of the card becomes reversed, and the "you" taking control of the Extra Deck monster if the SS'ed monster by the card is used as material ends up being the same person (the opponent).Feed for thought xD.

If memory serves me right, when an external effect happens that forces an equip spell to be equipped, it just goes stright to doing so, and it skips stuff like LP/discard costs.... I have vague memories of having seen this happening to Ben-Kei at some point in time....

Also, the rule of thumb about where Equip Spells go when equipped, is that the player that is doing the equipping part is the one that must lend their S/T Zone towards that action. Your opponent's Relinquished will steal monsters to equip and they do change sides towards the opponent's S/T Zone, but if your own effect equips something (anything) to an opponent's monster, it is your S/T Zone being used, not theirs. I saw a bunch of times that people thought equipping Megamorph to an opponent's monster would cause it to execute from the perspective of the opponent's LP as if the opponent was the owner.... no, if Megamorph is equipped by you and you got more LP, the monster is weakened no matter who the equipped monster belongs to. [/tangent on Megamorph]

Autonomous Action Unit or even Premature Burial would be in theory put into the field without the LP cost, but in the case of those reviving effects.... well those HAVE to target something to revive and equip themselves to, and the "targeting" of the monster they would revive happens at the same stage of the card's activation where it'd pay any costs, and that's something I already noted is skipped in these scenarios. IDK if it is even legal to try to equip them to a monster already on the field tbh (it'd be fun if it was possible because if nothing else, it is giving a monster the clause of "if the equip is destroyed, it drags the monster with it" so lol )

Ekibyo is an interesting option. I was thinking stuff like Flint but Flint doesn't have an expiration date where it destroys the monster so Ekibyo surprisingly still has an edge, however slow it might be xD

I still prefer the Falling Down combo which is Snatch Steal but more consistent, but it's not the only play that can be made xP
Thanks a lot for this comment.

46 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

If memory serves me right, when an external effect happens that forces an equip spell to be equipped, it just goes stright to doing so, and it skips stuff like LP/discard costs.... I have vague memories of having seen this happening to Ben-Kei at some point in time....

Also, the rule of thumb about where Equip Spells go when equipped, is that the player that is doing the equipping part is the one that must lend their S/T Zone towards that action. Your opponent's Relinquished will steal monsters to equip and they do change sides, but if your effect equips something to an opponent's monster, it is your S/T Zone being used, not theirs. I saw a bunch of times that people thought equipping Megamorph to an opponent's monster would cause it to execute from the perspective of the opponent's LP as if the opponent was the owner.... no, if Megamorph is equipped by you and you got more LP, the monster is weakened no matter who it belongs to. [/tangent on Megamorph]

Autonomous Action Unit or even Premature Burial would be in theory put into the field without the LP cost, but in the case of those reviving effects.... well those HAVE to target something to revive and equip themselves to, and the "targeting" of the monster they would revive happens at the same stage of the card's activation where it'd pay any costs, and that's something I already noted is skipped in these scenarios. IDK if it is even legal to try to equip them to a monster already on the field tbh (it'd be fun if it was possible because if nothing else, it is giving a monster the clause of "if the equip is destroyed, it drags the monster with it" so lol )

Ekibyo is an interesting option. I was thinking stuff like Flint but Flint doesn't have an expiration date where it destroys the monster so Ekibyo surprisingly still has an edge, however slow it might be xD

I still prefer the Falling Down combo which is Snatch Steal but more consistent, but it's not the only play that can be made xP
Thanks a lot for this comment.

Thanks to you for the clarifications, very informative reply. Yeah, I think I had a lapsus yet again and forgot that the Equip Spells must be activated to your field regardless of which side the monster being equipped is, you're 100% right. What I absolutely didn't know was about those rules of omitting costs. That being the case, you must also be correct in that they shouldn't be eligible for this kind of effects, the PSCT structure places both costs and targeting in the same place -before a semicolon- hence I imagine they happen simultaneously, so if you're saying 1 is skipped, the other should as well. I suppose this means the likes of Mark of the Rose gets REKT as well xD. Welp, you can always use "Comic Hand" is you manage to mesh Dark Scorpions with Toon (in other words, no lol) Toon Meanae the Thorn next, I wonder!

Archived