Overturning Roe V Wade

Horu

On 7/23/2022 at 7:42 AM, Horu said:

I fully understand this. But consider the case of a 28yr old woman raping a 14yr old boy and getting pregnant then collecting child support from him. Would this be considered justice?

Maybe not, but it sure as fuck isn't justice to rip that baby limb from limb since the mother was a shit

6 hours ago, Dad said:

Oh word? Chelsea Becker was prosecuted for murder after having a stillborn child.

Not unless she gets thrown in jail for fifty+ years.

The mother who was using so much narcotics that her baby died? No diff than a mom leaving the baby in a hot car being prosecuted for murder imo

5 minutes ago, Ryusei the Morning Star said:

The mother who was using so much narcotics that her baby died? No diff than a mom leaving the baby in a hot car being prosecuted for murder imo

The baby died from infection, unrelated to drug use. You want third party murder prosecuted or not?

2 minutes ago, Dad said:

The baby died from infection, unrelated to drug use. You want third party murder prosecuted or not?

Tricky in that case, baby would die from temperature not the mother in the car case too

That said, losing a child at 8 months is tragic and the way she was treated was disgraceful. There was no compassion with respect to the facts in that case. 

I want to read up on the case before  I comment further

1 hour ago, Ryusei the Morning Star said:

Maybe not, but it sure as fuck isn't justice to rip that baby limb from limb since the mother was a shit

I do agree with your stance there. I'm just pointing out how men have created a legal system that is heavily rigged against them even when they are the victim. 

1 hour ago, Ryusei the Morning Star said:

This, I can't exactly comment on but women tend to go to extremes to prevent a man from leaving. So this could quite possibly be one of those cases.

11 hours ago, Horu said:

Sure. I'll see if I can find the article from when it happened and the CS case. 

Also, by "trigger laws", you are implying their pew pew laws, right?

By 'trigger laws' I was using a term used by other people. I'm guessing that the name comes from the fact that the overturning of roe would "trigger" either the passing or going into effect of the laws. If that's not the case I guess the term "ban laws" would fit just as well, but no, I don't mean guns if that's what you mean by pew pew.

4 hours ago, cr47t said:

By 'trigger laws' I was using a term used by other people. I'm guessing that the name comes from the fact that the overturning of roe would "trigger" either the passing or going into effect of the laws. If that's not the case I guess the term "ban laws" would fit just as well, but no, I don't mean guns if that's what you mean by pew pew.

Technically, abortion is a service, not a right. So realistically, the states governments do have the power to determine wether or not that specific state will offer said service. While I wish there was a way to come to a solution where everyone would be happy, that solution seems too far out of reach to even fathom. As it stands, the government provided this service and women weaponized it. So it only makes sense that the states would take it away. While I don't agree with a 100% ban because there are cases of necessity, that ban is the only move that makes any logical sense to the states right now.

1 hour ago, TheImmaculateDreadLordCowCow said:

what does this have to do with the topic

Plenty. Considering the actual premise of Roe V Wade. But I was more pointing out the actual lack of justice with this case.

Archived