Functionality of Yu-Gi-Oh question

Loleo

We have made some wacky effects that have used every aspect of a card and the locations it can be, but I ask... what if cards referred to cards by edition, Set ID, Aspects of their serial number, or Rarity?!? I don't see anything official of the sort ever happening, but I might experiment with it in June.

9 hours ago, Loleo said:

We have made some wacky effects that have used every aspect of a card and the locations it can be, but I ask... what if cards referred to cards by edition, Set ID, Aspects of their serial number, or Rarity?!? I don't see anything official of the sort ever happening, but I might experiment with it in June.

I’d say that if nothing official is stated on it anywhere than it might just be a good idea to just leave it alone.

I mean, why not? You could definitely putz around with the idea, but depending on the effect, it could open up a huge can of worms that may be difficult to check.

I think the closest I could see irl is some kind of rarity interaction. There is a skill in Duel Links that let you draw into a specific foiling card, so there is some potential precedent.

8 hours ago, Kokoroshi said:

I’d say that if nothing official is stated on it anywhere than it might just be a good idea to just leave it alone.

there are so many cans of worms we have opened here that had little to no precedent that I'm very glad we have.

7 hours ago, Redro said:

I mean, why not? You could definitely putz around with the idea, but depending on the effect, it could open up a huge can of worms that may be difficult to check.

I think the closest I could see irl is some kind of rarity interaction. There is a skill in Duel Links that let you draw into a specific foiling card, so there is some potential precedent.

Speaking of worms... wait there is precedent?!?

6 hours ago, Mr. Best Male 2008 said:

Feel like that would just be making things weird just for the sake of them being weird. 

yes 100% but also funny and new possibilities

Archived