Yugioh Alternate Custom Project

Sleepy

4 hours ago, Sleepy said:

@Redro
Ok so, I'm aware there are 7 posts chockfull of content I need to address xD BUT for now I can only get to this one that I was tagged for:

Sure thing! I can add a rule to allow face-up Defense Position if that's fine with everybody. The anime/manga did it all the time and didn't even correct it until friggin Arc V hahaha.... so there clearly is potential there that the IRL game wasn't using. 

It is also doable in DuelingBook with an extra click so functionally it is something we could replicate if we wanted to duel using this design. n_n

@DL 
My current stance is that I'll aim to be fair and at least test hands with everything suggested, which includes archetypes. I did not mention archetypes being off-limits because hopefully we'll get enough of a base to start working on them a bit. Though for now I am pretty much begging you guys to hold on to archetype ideas for now until later. We don't even have a starter deck's worth of cards.

My main issue is that I worry archetypes will just encourage people to go "I just need to use my own archetype and I'll be fine". This project aims to encourage webbing a network of interactions that take account other people's submissions to a degree. One must be willing to get interested in using other people's cards.

Like, those Rituals have Special Summon counter-measures when we don't even know how Special Summons weight in. We got generic Ritual searches so Ritual Spells need to be a little less good to not force the curb of the game's power too much in their favor. All in an archetype that almost fills the whole deck's monster line-up if we take copies of cards into account.... but well.... that is IF they get approved AS IS... I do have to give them a testing phase though as the submission is posted here [/tries not to cry].

*cough.... anyways, DL umm..... I got a few more things:
- If you see the site's tabs, click on the one that says Beta.... that's the lattest card-maker we got, which has caught up with card mechanics and has the never card templates = )
- Though also, can you post the sketch you got for image separately? I need to get it into DuelingBook.

oh woah I had no idea I was using an inferior cardmaker LOL

I agree though, creating an archtype that can work by itself as a deck isn't ideal for now. As I said, my worry was only making the flip stuff too generic would also lead to problems down the line, so I kind of settled on a middle ground of "very small archtype"? More generic stuff will def come down the pipeline later tho 😎

and sure, here it is!

image.png.091b133e6b824872cc4d0ba5812b79a6.png

EDIT: Wanted to make a generic Tribute Summon support card. hopefully not too strong or too situational

Heartrope
Quick-play Spell card

Once during this turn, if you would Tribute 1 monster you control for a Tribute Summon, you can banish a monster from your Graveyard that was destroyed this turn instead. If a Tribute Summoned monster you control would be destroyed: you can banish this card from your Graveyard instead.

Heartrope.thumb.jpeg.a93e2ceaae758718ca77c0880c3c9e96.jpeg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived