[DABL] Infernalqueen Salmon

FWk0tdjUEAIiTVr.thumb.jpg.fe3e843e63a2d13dbf06631d867dba56.jpg

DABL-JP031 インフェルノクインサーモン Inferno Queen Salmon (Infernalqueen Salmon)

Level 5 WATER Fish Effect Monster

ATK 2400

DEF 1000

You can only use each effect of this card’s name once per turn.

(1) If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 Fish Normal Monster from your hand, Deck, or GY.

(2) If this card is destroyed by battle, or this card you control is destroyed by an opponent’s card effect: You can Special Summon any number of “Vilepawn Salmon Tokens” (Fish/WATER/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0).

Source

It took 15 years, but finally the good ol' Terrorking Salmon found a wife, and they're ready to mate and Xyz Summon. A pity there is not a single vanilla Tuner fish, would have lead to delicious plays. Still pretty nice regardless. Not digging the second effect as much, extremely passive and that "or this card you control" screws it further, but oh well, has its uses, and dang, the babies have no restrictive clauses at all, gotta make Synchros, Link or turn them into little Coelacanth torpedoes xD.

I'm all in for a card like this that can make "Token Sundae" and "Survival's End" fun ideas to experiment with. Especially now that we have 3 "Scapegoats" and might get some juice out of "Cosmic Compass" or "Scapeghost" as Token makers, making the idea actually somewhat consistent.

Legendary Ocean gives you two 2600 ATK Level 4 monters, which is umm... well, not too bad.
I lol'd at the reference to the Chess Archfiends (arguably the first clearly archetype ever).... can't believe I never thought of that with Terrorking being in the name. Since we have Vilepawn I am guessing now we'll be seeing Bishop, Knight, and Rook in the future, and Imprisoned Queen xD

Archived