[CYAC] First Purchase of the Year

https://ygorganization.com/learntohaggle/

image.png.21441b15c0b1b259692d74d42eac1fd4.png

CYAC-JP080 初買い Hatsugai (First Purchase of the Year)
Trap
(1) Excavate the top 5 cards of your opponent’s Deck, and if you do, choose 1 of them and declare a multiple of 100 (max. 3000). Your opponent can gain that amount of LP, and if they do, you lose that many LP, and if you do that, add the chosen card to your hand. Place the rest on the top of the Deck in the same order.

The effects of these cards with the grumpy goblin that doesn't like his gifts never sticks with me, and when I re-read them they are never any good.

This one says "do you prefer stealing up to 3k away from me or letting me grab 1 of those 5?" which a player that's been doing this long enough will most likely only ever choose to give the card for the lulz even if this trap's owner goes for the max 3k every time.

I do wonder though if the "choose 1" part means you have to declare what your choice among those revealed cards was, or if you just have to vaguely say "yup, I know what I want, so what do you say?"

On 1/2/2023 at 8:52 PM, Sleepy said:

The effects of these cards with the grumpy goblin that doesn't like his gifts never sticks with me, and when I re-read them they are never any good.

This one says "do you prefer stealing up to 3k away from me or letting me grab 1 of those 5?" which a player that's been doing this long enough will most likely only ever choose to give the card for the lulz even if this trap's owner goes for the max 3k every time.

I do wonder though if the "choose 1" part means you have to declare what your choice among those revealed cards was, or if you just have to vaguely say "yup, I know what I want, so what do you say?"

I think you misunderstood the effect. It's not a choice between gaining lp or giving you the card. It's more so that your opponent chooses to accept or decline the "transaction". So either they keep the card but miss out on gaining lp, or they give you the card in exchange for lp.

This can be really interesting since it would depend on how good the card is. Let's say you choose Change of Heart, really powerful, so you would want to offer alot of lp to encourage your opponent to accept. On the other hand, if there are no good targets, then you'll want to offer little lp so to discourage your opponent from accepting.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived