[CYAC] Fusion Duplication

That's interesting, to be able to Super Poly without the discard.
It's..... fine. I always welcome pack filler that's good enough for casual formats even if it can't necessarily find a place in competitive. It is normally expected to be a "step 3" kind of card. 

2 hours ago, Sleepy said:

That's interesting, to be able to Super Poly without the discard.
It's..... fine. I always welcome pack filler that's good enough for casual formats even if it can't necessarily find a place in competitive. It is normally expected to be a "step 3" kind of card. 

Meh this card is not filler if the ED was lager this card could see more play with Trap Trick and be somewhat Problematic as its a kinda more Balanced Verte. Plus this card is good regardless this card is nice.

2 hours ago, Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan said:

Meh this card is not filler if the ED was lager this card could see more play with Trap Trick and be somewhat Problematic as its a kinda more Balanced Verte. Plus this card is good regardless this card is nice.

The card IS good and fair and fun yes. But not being competitively viable makes it technically filler. It doesn't mean bad, it just means filler has gotten better xD
My measuring stick is what I called "step 3", you see...

A "step 1" kind of card is that card that you can top-deck and it'll instantly start your plays and get in your combos. It is alive from the moment the game starts.
A "step 2" is a card that's not gonna be live right away unless it responds to something. This is like your omni-negate monsters or your hand traps. It is still good enough to be alive more often than not.

A "step 3" is a card that can be very good and be a power play by itself, but it needs build-up. It needs you to have certain pieces from older plays and will sometimes be dead and unusable if you did not achieve those previous plays the rest of your deck was built around making. This makes it a decent card that's casually great, but I've realized yugioh's "viable" cards for serious gameplay are 99% gonna be the first 2 steps of plays. This is the kind of card people MIGHT tech but otherwise fear the chances of seeing it before the time they'd be able to activate.... In this card's case, if you want to copy something like Miracle Fusion but you have no HERO monsters in your GY or haven't seen Miracle Fusion all game, it'll just be dead. It is NOT like Verte Anaconda that immediately pulls all the pieces it needs from the Main Deck and needs no real setup to do so.

5 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

The card IS good and fair and fun yes. But not being competitively viable makes it technically filler. It doesn't mean bad, it just means filler has gotten better xD
My measuring stick is what I called "step 3", you see...

A "step 1" kind of card is that card that you can top-deck and it'll instantly start your plays and get in your combos. It is alive from the moment the game starts.
A "step 2" is a card that's not gonna be live right away unless it responds to something. This is like your omni-negate monsters or your hand traps. It is still good enough to be alive more often than not.

A "step 3" is a card that can be very good and be a power play by itself, but it needs build-up. It needs you to have certain pieces from older plays and will sometimes be dead and unusable if you did not achieve those previous plays the rest of your deck was built around making. This makes it a decent card that's casually great, but I've realized yugioh's "viable" cards for serious gameplay are 99% gonna be the first 2 steps of plays. This is the kind of card people MIGHT tech but otherwise fear the chances of seeing it before the time they'd be able to activate.... In this card's case, if you want to copy something like Miracle Fusion but you have no HERO monsters in your GY or haven't seen Miracle Fusion all game, it'll just be dead. It is NOT like Verte Anaconda that immediately pulls all the pieces it needs from the Main Deck and needs no real setup to do so.

But Think of Really Broken Fusion Spells like Instant Fusion (Best), Branded Fusion (Best), Superpoly (Best). Destiny Fusion (Good), Shaddoll Fusion, Red-Eyes Fusion (Worst)

It can do both Players GYs Imagine an Extra Instant Fusion or more Super polys with the cost

Your Right but let;s not undermine the fact  this card has META Potential maybe not now but in the near future if theres cards that would help make this card busted then yeah but it has Potential to be very good.

2 minutes ago, Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan said:

But Think of Really Broken Fusion Spells like Instant Fusion (Best), Branded Fusion (Best), Superpoly (Best). Destiny Fusion (Good), Shaddoll Fusion, Red-Eyes Fusion (Worst)

It can do both Players GYs Imagine an Extra Instant Fusion or more Super polys with the cost

Instant Fusion would be a very cool usage, not gonna lie. Superpoly I think is good that it wouldn't require the discard cost, but I wonder if it'd inherit the SS4 factor or if it'd be lost in the replica. Destiny Fusion I don't think is gonna be all that great. Verte turned any 2 monsters into itself which made it live from the deck, which was great for consistency in builds that otherwise only teched it. Now only Destiny HERO Fusions really use it, which is only alright, and you know..... it requires you to manually get that Fusion Destiny card out of the deck first by OTHER means, and to draw this trap AFTER that. That's kind of bad. This is kind of a garnet at times. I can see some Trap Trick (the trap card, not the archetype) combo working if we get a deck that doesn't need to go out of its way to do it but other than that I'd say this card is just.... alright.

1 hour ago, Sleepy said:

Instant Fusion would be a very cool usage, not gonna lie. Superpoly I think is good that it wouldn't require the discard cost, but I wonder if it'd inherit the SS4 factor or if it'd be lost in the replica. Destiny Fusion I don't think is gonna be all that great. Verte turned any 2 monsters into itself which made it live from the deck, which was great for consistency in builds that otherwise only teched it. Now only Destiny HERO Fusions really use it, which is only alright, and you know..... it requires you to manually get that Fusion Destiny card out of the deck first by OTHER means, and to draw this trap AFTER that. That's kind of bad. This is kind of a garnet at times. I can see some Trap Trick (the trap card, not the archetype) combo working if we get a deck that doesn't need to go out of its way to do it but other than that I'd say this card is just.... alright.

Yeah but its a normal trap that can remove monster form field. Do you know what this means?

19 hours ago, Sleepy said:

A "step 3" is a card that can be very good and be a power play by itself, but it needs build-up.

This is the reason I agree with this card being good and fun but hardly good in a competitive game.
Say your are going second: this card is just useless, you don't want it in your hand.
And if you are going first: it could be good but you still have to wait for 1 turn to activate; it could potentially interrupt your enemy, but thats the problem, it just "potentially" has a useful effect. Isn't it better to have any other hand trap or combo extension out there instead of this card?
As always in modern Yugioh the porblem with Traps is that they are slow and may depends on some things happening or not on the field. That's why Infinite Impermanence is such a good card, it doesn't have both weaknesses commonly related to Trap cards.
If there's a Deck that can abuse or make the best out of this card then yeah, this card can be really really good, but that's a niche and probably not gonna happen in competitive. 

Archived