I've backed up all the data on my Computer, but I think... you should too

For awhile now let's just say for a couple of months I've been on the Linux Hype Train so just yesterday yes I know I have Rufus on the Desktop so yesterday somebody went out and bought me a pack of 3 USB 2.0s which doesn't matter and they have 16GB which is good which means Rufus can burn some Linux Distros on them and the other thing is that I started to clean up and prepare my computer as it is getting its HDD removed and replaced with an SSD which I will take the time to take advantage and install a Linux Distro on it since Microsoft no logger sells Windows 10 product keys and the repair guy can just install a Linux Distro instead.

So now I have a 32GB SD and I have managed to fill nearly half of it because I will be migrating away from Windows to Linux and I want to have as much of my stuff as possible without it being in the cloud for those Evil Companies to see you know what the could doesn't exist cause anyone who fucking believes that is an idiot cause your just putting your private information and flies on someone else's computers its like asking or letting someone take a picture of you while you in the bathroom or bedroom its kinda gross and disturbing, then why do you lock the doors to your house then huh yeah then why not throw the keys where its easy for any stranger to find them yeah I thought so!?!

So why doesn't that apply to us while where on the Internet cause you have no knowledge and respect for yourself I'm sorry for attacking you all but I don't wanna use the could to store all of my stuff on I have the right to use local devices that doesn't connect to the internet and put my stuff on someone else's severs.

Maybe if your all good starting later this month or next month or the month after that I might start an Element Sever which runs Matrix.io and have a Fediverse account that we can talk on I'm moving all of my digital stuff around cleaning up somethings and moving them to new places I hope in the near future more people will start to realize what companies are doing and they fight back against them and take a stand for themselves and we start owning are stuff again.

If you wanna contact me or talk to me on social medias it has to be all on fully 100% Open Source software and severs I don't care I will not use Proprietary software like Twitter or Facebook cause I'm too good for that and yeah Discord is Proprietary Software and its owned by a Chinese company I don't want to give the CPP my info and my discord was already attacked in the past do to some scams I feel for in the past losing my discord account to some hacker.

I just don't wanna repeat of that that's why I wanna use Open Source Software and why I'm using for everyone around me to use it too.

I use some Proprietary Software like any version Windows you can think of that came out in the 21st century and I used Windows 95 and 98 but those versions of Windows came way before I was born in the 2000's and its software that's preinstalled like Paint and Notepad ahhh such classics imma miss them when I move to Linux and Avast I used to use Google Chrome until I switched over to Firefox which its good I don't know why more people just use it I've others things I used in the past Discord until the account was stolen, and Microsoft Office 2010, 2007, and 2003, Internet Explorer, Spotify (which I have since deleted) you see I've mostly tired to cut out most if not almost all of the Proprietary Software and Services I just don't see a need for them in my life its all about the convince factor for most people in which I call FUCKING BULLSHIT! Your the ones causing these companies to get Eviler so Bullshit. I hate those kind of people looking to not own anything they use and giveaway their privacy away like gold just to use these Fing Services. That's why companies think they have so much power and they can get away with anything they want cause we let them.

Yeah that's my rant I've mostly turned my head to using Open Source Software instead of Proprietary though I do think If I where forced to use more then 1 Proprietary Software which would I have to use and someone is threaten me to choice I would have to go with Windows and VMWare Player which cost no money but is still a Proprietary piece of software I would use VMware Machine if I had the money to do so. But at the same time I don't have money to be spending left and right especially not for Software.

I get for alot of you it may or may not be hard for you to move away from these Evil services but I say keep trying to move away start slowly then work your way up the later and eventually you'll get out of being under these companies shadows and bubbles so you can have room to grow and change without being looked over by Big Tech.

Here have a little peak at what is what my Desktop is like and whats on it well nothing much except 2 opened Windows that being the Windows File Explore and Notepad the thread the your saying that was the whole thread I wrote in my Notepad and 4 Programs on my Desktop and I keep it minimalistic and clean with the Recycle Bin, Firefox, Avast, and Rufus. I now have an SD card so what did you all think of this story that I wrote to you all toady in this thread I created?  

1494204441_SeeIwannamoveawayfromWindows.thumb.PNG.67e690ef57a234ec326bcc3be12f8c31.PNG

Guess what I found a way for the images to not be such low Quality I saved the Screenshot as a PNG instead of a Dumb ass JPGE format so the Windows Snipping Tool is not that bad anyways.

@Rayfield Lumina @Horu @kyop @Sleepy What do you all think of this?

Hey so I've have all pf these other Linux Distros that like/downloaded, I've made a listing of Distros that I show interest in top being most interested that I wanna install on my computer or a computer to least Interested in:

-KDE Neon
-Pop_OS
-Zorin OS
-Ubuntu Unity
-Ubuntu MATE
-Xubuntu
-Nobra Linux
-Feren OS
-Ubuntu
-Linux Mint

@Horu @kyop @Sleepy I'm thinking about getting a small but powerful enough sever for myself to run a couple of Virtual Machines on like maybe a Windows 10 LSTC, an Ubuntu Sever and other OSes on a Type 1 Hypervisor like Proxmox so do you think I should do that eventuality.  So should I buy a little mini sever for myself?

1 hour ago, Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan said:

@Horu @kyop @Sleepy I'm thinking about getting a small but powerful enough sever for myself to run a couple of Virtual Machines on like maybe a Windows 10 LSTC, an Ubuntu Sever and other OSes on a Type 1 Hypervisor like Proxmox so do you think I should do that eventuality.  So should I buy a little mini sever for myself?

I mean... what would you use the vms for? And what's your goal with the Ubuntu Server? If you just wanna get into tech stuff, a vm on your own PC with the lowest configs should be more than enough

Just now, kyop said:

I mean... what would you use the vms for? And what's your goal with the Ubuntu Server? If you just wanna get into tech stuff, a vm on your own PC with the lowest configs should be more than enough

@kyop But I do want to run alot of VMS Ubuntu is good for internet, web, could based, firewall stuff, I might run my own email server on the Ubuntu VM if I do get a Nas with Proxmox then I can run some Windows VMS and some Linux Desktop VMS so I can have some headless Desktops so what do you think of this I wouldn't have to buy multiple laptops.

Do you think me backing up my data is good to help me move from Windows Kyop?

7 minutes ago, Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan said:

@kyop But I do want to run alot of VMS Ubuntu is good for internet, web, could based, firewall stuff, I might run my own email server on the Ubuntu VM if I do get a Nas with Proxmox then I can run some Windows VMS and some Linux Desktop VMS so I can have some headless Desktops so what do you think of this I wouldn't have to buy multiple laptops.

Do you think me backing up my data is good to help me move from Windows Kyop?

If you're going to use Ubuntu as a server, the idea is that you use it only as a server xD also what do you mean about your own e-mail server? You mean some sort of personal server for an open source/decentralized company? Or making your own from scratch?

I don't know about Promox, but if it is some sort of subsciption system, eventually you'll have paid the same price as having multiple desktops, so if that's the case I don't think it's a good deal

Regardless, backing up your important stuff is always good xP

32 minutes ago, kyop said:

If you're going to use Ubuntu as a server, the idea is that you use it only as a server xD also what do you mean about your own e-mail server? You mean some sort of personal server for an open source/decentralized company? Or making your own from scratch?

I don't know about Promox, but if it is some sort of subsciption system, eventually you'll have paid the same price as having multiple desktops, so if that's the case I don't think it's a good deal

Regardless, backing up your important stuff is always good xP

Oh Yeah I'm not building my own Email from scratch there are self hosted Email serveries out there just like Next Could.

Watch this Video on Nextcould.

No Proxmox is free and Open Source they have Premium versions with Tech Support but if you know what they hell your doing on the software then you don't need their help I'm doing the free version.

I want to use an open source/decentralized like there are Email Sever software you can download and run on your own sever so you know what I think I might make an Virtual Ubuntu Sever with some Docker Containers since companies do it all the time and run an decentralized Email Docker, a Fediverse/Masterdon instence Docker, and or an Element Matrix.io Docker contrainers in my Ubuntu Sever if I can buy a sever.

Also you don't think Proxmox is free then look it up on YouTube there are some technically support that can cost money from the company to help you set it up and fix it and matenice it but mostly its free and cost you nothing I'm going to fulfill my dream of alot of headless Desktops and some Sever OSes like Ubuntu.

@kyop Watch these 2 videos

4 hours ago, kyop said:

Then go for it! xD it'll be a nice experience, and you can always go back if you get bored/tired/don't like it

@kyop Thanks and My uncle already purchased the SSD I have an gift card I might buy my self another 4GB of DDR4 Laptop Ram Stick for my computer and besides its not like I'm deleting Windows 10 that will stay on the Hard Drive but the SSD will replace the Hard Drive and I atleast want a minimum of 8GB of Ram and plus the SSD will have KDE Neon on it and my Hard Drive which will be outside of the Laptop will have Windows 10.

@kyop And Besides if I miss my Windows 10 I can always convert the Physical Images of my Windows 10 Install into a Virtual Machine Look at these 2 Videos

Archived