Final Gift of the Bonded [Written] guaranteed banned

Problamatico

Final Gift of the Bonded

Quick-Play Spell

Banish one level 6 or higher Fusion Monster that was Fusion Summoned from your GY face-down. Draw a number of cards equal to the level of the banished Fusion Monster divided by 2. You cannot conduct your Draw Phases for a number of turns equal to the number of cards drawn by this effect.

• Like 1

Well, it is as you said, guaranteed ban xD
Super easy to fulfill as something like "Ready Fusion" counts as Fusion Summoning, it guarantees you draw at least 3 cards, it lacks an OPT clause, and the drawback makes it so that if you use 3 of them in the same turn, for 3 cards each, you'll be out of draw phases for the next 3 turns instead of 3 for each (that is to say, it doesn't stack, much like the way "Reckless Greed" works).

I won't tell you to balance it since clearly the goal of this one is to be unbalanced, but I will tell you about one thing it needs:
What happens if you use it on an odd numbered Level? Say, Level 7:
Is it rounded down? (drawing you 3)
rounded up? (drawing you 4)
or it only works on even numbers where this effect is clear? (making it illegal to use in 7, 9, and 11)

I think that's one thing that needs to be specified.

- - - -

One more thing to note is the glitch on the Spell's Quick-Play icon. I'm pretty sure YCMaker is collecting data on how things go with the Ai function, and I wonder if this is related in some way or if the card's layout is completely disconnected. If we see that in more cards it might be worth bringing it up to the admin.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sleepy said:

Well, it is as you said, guaranteed ban xD
Super easy to fulfill as something like "Ready Fusion" counts as Fusion Summoning, it guarantees you draw at least 3 cards, it lacks an OPT clause, and the drawback makes it so that if you use 3 of them in the same turn, for 3 cards each, you'll be out of draw phases for the next 3 turns instead of 3 for each (that is to say, it doesn't stack, much like the way "Reckless Greed" works).

I won't tell you to balance it since clearly the goal of this one is to be unbalanced, but I will tell you about one thing it needs:
What happens if you use it on an odd numbered Level? Say, Level 7:
Is it rounded down? (drawing you 3)
rounded up? (drawing you 4)
or it only works on even numbers where this effect is clear? (making it illegal to use in 7, 9, and 11)

I think that's one thing that needs to be specified.

- - - -

One more thing to note is the glitch on the Spell's Quick-Play icon. I'm pretty sure YCMaker is collecting data on how things go with the Ai function, and I wonder if this is related in some way or if the card's layout is completely disconnected. If we see that in more cards it might be worth bringing it up to the admin.

First, it would round down. Second, the AI generated images in this card was done on a different site, so maybe that's why? Plus, if this were official, it'd have an insane resale value.

• 4 months later...

Maybe my sense of balance if off because I do not find this card that threatening, actually. To make effective use of it, your Deck has to revolve around Fusion Summoning Level 6+ monsters, otherwise this will be dead often. Then, unless you can win with the 3+ cards you draw then it will be good, but due to the Draw stun drawback, the longer the Duel takes, the deeper you sink. I acknowledge the Reckless Greed-like exploit that Sleepy described, but even then, you would have to draw into copies of this and Fusion Summon some more to keep the card draws coming in.

On 8/15/2023 at 9:51 AM, Darj said:

Maybe my sense of balance if off because I do not find this card that threatening, actually. To make effective use of it, your Deck has to revolve around Fusion Summoning Level 6+ monsters, otherwise this will be dead often. Then, unless you can win with the 3+ cards you draw then it will be good, but due to the Draw stun drawback, the longer the Duel takes, the deeper you sink. I acknowledge the Reckless Greed-like exploit that Sleepy described, but even then, you would have to draw into copies of this and Fusion Summon some more to keep the card draws coming in.

Well, 1 Fusion is not hard to do, Fusions go into Fusions all the time, it lacks a hard OPT clause, draws you 3 to 6 cards. Many effects even send the Fusion form Deck to GY like Nadir Servant or Nekroz Kaleidoscope. It is definitely at least eyebrown rising in balance. There are ridiculous drawing effects out there but they don't check all the boxes that'd make them all that splashable in other places (Legacy of a HERO, Ursarctic Radiation, Spellbook of Judgment, Super Rejuvenation, the entirety of the Purrely stack of "Sleepy Memory" drawing you up to 7 or 8 cards depending on how well you set up, etc).