Gigantic Tortoise

89b671e7e8c5.jpg

Gigantic Tortoise
Level 10 EARTH Plant Fusion Effect Monster
2 Flip and/or face-down Defense Position monsters
Must be either Fusion Summoned, or Special Summoned by sending the above cards from any Monster Zones to the GY.
You can only use the 1st and 2nd effects of this card's name each once per turn.
(1) During the Main Phase (Quick Effect): You can banish 1 Flip monster from your hand, Deck, or GY; this effect becomes that monster's Flip effect.
(2) (Quick Effect): You can target up to 2 face-up monsters on the field; change them to face-down Defense Position.

@Lone mouse @Horu @Tinkerer @kyop @Zack214 What do you think of this card and how would it be used also since I didn't post a Custom Cards since March so its been practically almost 3 months without me posting some Custom Cards maybe that's why the site feels so dead most of the time maybe if I posted some customs the site would be less dead and more active and I would have more things to do if people critique my card then it would give me some things to think about.

• Like 1

NGL I think thats the first time I've seen a card that actually requires their material to be in face down defense position. And to answer your last part I pretty much see it as a stall so you can retrieve your more offensive cards. Only thing I would remotely change is that make it so it's quick effect lasts through your opponent's turn such as this.

(Quick Effect): You can target up to 2 face-up monsters on the field; lock them into Face-Down Defense Position until your opponent's next end phase.

1 hour ago, Lone mouse said:

I know it is for flips generically but the first archetype I think of is Shaddoll since they are also a fusion archetype and it sends them to gy and since it banishes for flip effect you can use both effects of a Shadoll monster in a single turn

Yeah it can acatie that Quick effect and use the Flip effect as an effect so its like Verte but it uses the Flip effects like how verte can use Fusion Spell effects. I think this would be very good in Shadolls I forgot about that and also Subterrors.

54 minutes ago, Zack214 said:

NGL I think thats the first time I've seen a card that actually requires their material to be in face down defense position. And to answer your last part I pretty much see it as a stall so you can retrieve your more offensive cards. Only thing I would remotely change is that make it so it's quick effect lasts through your opponent's turn such as this.

(Quick Effect): You can target up to 2 face-up monsters on the field; lock them into Face-Down Defense Position until your opponent's next end phase.

No its not a Stall card would you could do is use a card like Book of Book of Lunar Eclipse since it can change of of your opponent's monster to Face-Down Defense Position and you remove them off the field cause this card is a contact Fusion that can using cards on either field as materiel.

Also its really late so I'll try to fix it tomorrow.

image.png.40a441102110a20e4123a589b45b63ff.png

https://yugipedia.com/wiki/Book_of_Eclipse

Edited by Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan

I think that making it only possible to Fusion/Special Summon it once per turn/per duel would make it more fair, though. Also, the DEF seems a bit too high IMO. Take this as the opinion of someone who plays casually, though xD

Other than that, cool card!

20 hours ago, Lone mouse said:

I know it is for flips generically but the first archetype I think of is Shaddoll since they are also a fusion archetype and it sends them to gy and since it banishes for flip effect you can use both effects of a Shadoll monster in a single turn

This wouldn't trigger Shaddoll effs since it is a summon condition, not sending them by effect.

19 hours ago, Zack214 said:

Afaik, there's only one card that has a face-down summon condition irl: Ghostrick Festival.