Evil Warrior of the Red Moon

image.png.d2d93bab6243b265c428d4ca13739715.png

Evil Warrior of the Red Moon
Level 8 DARK Warrior Synchro Effect Monster
1 Tuner + 1+ non-Tuner monsters
You can only use the 1st and 2nd effects of this card’s name each once per turn.
(1) (Quick Effect): You can target 1 of either player's Quick-Play Spells that is banished or in the GY; set it to your field, but place it on the bottom of the Deck when it leaves the field. That Set card can be activated this turn.
(2) During the Main Phase (Quick Effect): You can banish 1 card you control (until the End Phase), then target 1 card your opponent controls; banish it, then if it was a Spell/Trap, you can negate the effects of all cards and effects with the same Type as that banished card, until the end of the next turn.
2700/2400

@Horu @Tinkerer @Lone mouse @Zack214 What do you all think of this card?

You.. really like cards that unintentionally work absurdly well with Skill Drain, huh? You can blink any of your floodgates as cost to screw your opponent while being free to do w/e during your own turn.

But let's ignore that application and compare this card to another card: Zoodiac Drident. Drident is banned. It is a Quick-Play targeted pop with 0 ATK/DEF (unless it is used in a Zoo deck). All in all, it is a +1 effect without any way to protect itself.

This card on the other hand has a Quick-Play removal effect that is "technically" a +0*, but you can always chain the (2) effect to the (1) effect in order to recycle a Quick-Play making it a +1. It banishes - making it stronger removal than Drident. It can banish itself for cost - making it have one of the absolute strongest ways of protecting itself. And it lingering affects an entire mechanic - which is one of the most OP types of things to do (see D-Barrier, D-Shifter, Eradicator Epidemic Virus, Red Reboot, etc. etc.). On top of all that, it actually has fairly good stats making it just a solid beatdown threat.

A card like this cannot exist. It is too strong with no downsides. Any deck that runs even a handful of Q-Ps would want to tech in ways to make this, and any deck that can add a Sync-8 to their end board would make this because of its active utility. Stun decks would use this in the same way Eldlich is used.

If it had 0/0 stats, I could see it being... almost fine? Definitely still on the highest end of the card spectrum, but within the realm of a real card since it would purely be a control tool and not output any offensive pressure.

*in reality it is a delayed +1 since your card comes back. In terms of immediate gamestate though, +0 is fine to say.

• Shiba Inu 1

• 3 weeks later...

I like the first effect. I find it unique because the "can be activated during the turn is Set" effect is often given to Traps, but not Quick-Plays. I also find amusng that it can take opponent's Quick-Play Spells, making the effect a bit more likely to be live.

The 2nd effect however, is pushing the whole card IMO. It already has a +1 effect whose potency depends on the Quick-Play Spells available in the GY or banished, but this other effect doubles down on the plusing, and the semi-Cold Wave effect further opresses the foe. Personally, since I like the #1 effect I would nerf this effect instead. I'm not quite sure howm. Perhaps remove the banishment of the opponent's card and make the Spell or Trap Stun last until the end of the Phase? Also I would give it a Shadoll hard OPT so every turn you have to choose between the #1 or the #2 effect. The Wind-Up Rabbit-like blink effect/cost could stay, IMO. Although this is normally an effect (e.g. Mekk-Knight Purple Nightfall, S:P Little Night).