[PHNI] Yubel support

https://ygorganization.com/kennoldaudiooraiyoudecide/

image.png.5eea8097d60084196a349194e8254ebb.png

PHNI-JP001 スピリット・オブ・ユベル Spirit of Yubel
Level 10/DARK/Fiend/Effect
You can only use the 1st and 2nd effect of this card’s name each once per turn.
(1) When an opponent’s monster declares an attack: You can Special Summon this card from your hand.
(2) If this card is Special Summoned: You can take 1 Spell/Trap from your Deck that mentions “Yubel”, and either add it to your hand or Set it.
(3) Cannot be destroyed by battle, also you take no battle damage from battles involving this card.
(4) If this card is destroyed: You can Special Summon 1 of your “Yubel” that banished or in your hand, Deck, or GY.
0/0

image.png.281d011d5f1113365ef22a3a874e83ee.png

PHNI-JP002 ガイストーチ・ゴーレム Geistort Golem (Geist Grinder Golem)
Level 8/DARK/Fiend/Effect
You can only Special Summon “Geist Grinder Golem(s)” once per turn.
(1) You can reveal 1 “Yubel” monster in your hand; Special Summon this card from your hand to your opponent’s field, then you can Special Summon the revealed monster to your field.
(2) Once per turn, during damage calculation, if this card battles a “Yubel” monster: Your opponent gains 3000 LP.
(3) If you Special Summon “Yubel” while this card is in your GY: Your can Special Summon this card to your opponent’s field.
3000/300

image.png.04586ee6ef7a54c91059314a32c0d586.png

PHNI-JP003 サクリファイス・D・ロータス Sacrifice Demon Lotus (Samsara Regenerating Lotus)
Level 1/DARK/Fiend/Effect
You can only use the (1)st, (2)nd, and (3)rd effect of this card’s name each once per turn.
(1) You can Tribute this card; Special Summon 1 “Yubel” monster from your Deck.
(2) During your opponent’s turn, when a monster effect is activated while you control a “Yubel” monster (Quick Effect): You can Tribute this card; that effect becomes “Destroy 1 “Yubel” monster on the field”.
(3) During your End Phase, if you control “Yubel” and this card is in the GY: You can take this card, and either add it to your hand or Special Summon it.
0/0

image.png.ae3815f729194989adb1fca4ced69ed9.png

PHNI-JP038 ユベル-Das Ewig Liebe Wachter Yubel – Das Ewig Liebe Wächter
Level 12/DARK/Fiend/Fusion/Effect
“Yubel” monster + 1+ Effect Monsters on the field
You can only use the (1)st effect of this card’s name once per turn.
(1) If this card is Fusion Summoned: You can inflict 500 damage to your opponent for each Fusion Material used for its Summon.
(2) Cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects, also you take no battle damage from battles involving this card.
(3) If this card battles an opponent’s monster, at the end of the Damage Step: Inflict damage to them equal to that monster’s ATK, and if you do, banish it.
0/0

image.png.e8116d67aabacb91fdd5f2ed49e1ffee.png

PHNI-JP054 ナイトメア・ペイン Nightmare Pain
Spell/Continuous
You can only use the 1st effect of this card’s name once per turn.
(1) During your Main Phase: You can destroy 1 DARK monster in your hand or face-up field, and if you do, add 1 “Yubel”, or 1 card that mentions it, from your Deck to your hand, except “Nightmare Pain”.
(2) While you control any “Yubel” monsters, all opponent’s monsters must attack them, if able.
(3) Your opponent takes any battle damage you would have taken from battles involving your “Yubel” monsters instead.

image.png.dbadbf5bf0922c000688f659041e0ec0.png

PHNI-JP055 マチュア・クロニクル Mature Chronicle
Spell/Continuous
You can only use the 2nd effect of this card’s name once per turn.
(1) Each time a “Yubel” monster(s) and/or a monster(s) that mentions “Yubel” is Special Summoned, place 1 Chronicle Counter on this card.
(2) You can remove up to 5 Chronicle Counters from cards you control to activate 1 of these effects;
● 1: Special Summon 1 “Yubel” from your GY.
● 2: Add 1 of your banished cards to your hand.
● 3: Banish 1 card from your Deck.
● 4: Destroy 1 card on the field.
● 5: Add 1 “Super Polymerization” from your Deck to your hand.

image.png.67074e564e24d0eda642b6c07943348b.png

PHNI-JP073 エターナル・フェイバリット Eternal Favourite
Trap/Continuous
(1) Once per turn: You can activate 1 of these effects (but you can only use each of the following effects of this card’s name once per turn):
● Special Summon 1 of your “Yubel” monsters that is banished or in your GY. Neither player can activate cards or effects when it is Special Summoned.
● If you control “Yubel”: Discard 1 card and send this face-up card from your Spell & Trap Zone to the GY; Fusion Summon 1 Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, using monsters from either field as material, including a “Yubel” monster.

Edited by ~British Soul~
  • Thanks 1

These look really nice and support Yubel in a very interesting way.

Samsara Regenerating Lotus works really well with the deck and has a reference to Hate Buster destroying Grand Mole and the original Yubel (with its negation effect).

Geist Grinder Golem fixes the issue with the opponent just leaving their field open (also 2 Yubel forms into Gustav Max can OTK with this monsters, so that is quite easy to reach).

Nightmare Pain is an attack name card actually done right, in that it extend the use to the one in the anime (Yubel dealing battle damage during the own turn), while extending the usage to additional consistency, dealing with bricked Yubel forms in one's hand (trading them for a good card) and making use of the original Yubels upside to its floating, which Terror Incarnate does not have (in that it floats when destroyed from hand).

The other cards are also equally well designed (as in the Spell Chronicle reference, the Super Poly reference, the additional Maindeck Yubel form and the Fusion, which works perfectly with the intended Super-Poly to remove an entire board).

Also these have nice synergies with Dark Beckoning Beast and Opening of the Spirit Gates, since most Yubel monsters (and Samsara Regenerating Lotus) can be summoned with Opening of the Spirit Gates, it can discard bricks, recycle the plethora of Continuous Spell cards (Opening of the Spirit Gates, Nightmare Pain and Mature Chronicle), Dark Beckoning Beast and Opening of the Spirit Gates can loop each other, go into Link 2s (such as S:P Little Night and I:P Masquerena) and Dark Beckoning Beast does not take the Normal Summon away from Samsara Regenerating Lotus.

What I do not like is that "Yubel – Das Ewig Liebe Wächter" is summonable by "Dark World Accession", which means that Dark World has a new FTK, which will eventually either get "Dark World Accession" banned (which I really disapprove of, given how much I like Dark World) or the new Yubel Fusion banned (which would remove the whole Super Poly gimmick).

Maybe I am overselling how toxic that is (hopefully, but this looks similar to the Slash Draw FTK), but this time I would prefer (if they have to address this interaction) that they just Errata Yubel to only burn for materials from the field.

Edited by The Highlander

Apparently this makes Yubel actually meta?! according to a Youtube video I saw. I'm happy to see Yubel become competitive. Really solid support, and Super-Polymerizing boards is so nasty and fun!
My only nitpick is the new Samsara Lotus being Fiend, I would have liked it being Plant for type diversity, but Fiend works better for the archetype and Sacred Beast support.