Guard Robot - Counter Force [Written]

Guard Robot - Counter Force
lv 5 DARK
Machine/Effect
Level 5 or higher monsters cannot attack. Each time a Counter Trap card is activated, place 1 counter on this card. You can only activate the following effects of "Guard Robot - Counter Force" once per turn.
* You can discard 1 card from your hand; Special Summon this card from your hand in Defense Position.
* When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can set 1 Counter Trap card from your Deck, also, that card can be activated during the turn it was set.
* During your Main Phase: You can remove all counters from this card; inflict damage to your opponents LP equal to the number of counters removed from this card x 1000.
ATK/0 DEF/2500

Edited by Thomas★Zero

It sounds pretty strong but I can see how Solemn Traps have long since fallen out of use.
This has 2 places I can think of for it:
-Cyber Dragons where you randomly turn a discard into a Solemn you can use right away, and possibly float with the smaller stuff like Core, and then immediately use it to go into Infinity.
-Machina, where you can oddly try to Transmodify a Summoned Unclaspare or Possesstorage. Those monsters aim to just hang out for fodder after their initial use anyways, and the live Solemn search would come in very handy for a control focused deck, since the structured deck wasn't as amazing at making it on par with modern combo decks.

I find it interesting, and it is nice that it doesn't lean into the most obvious Counter Trap-based support: Counter Fairies.
Instead it does something different with the mechanic but to me it still makes sense.

5 hours ago, Thomas★Zero said:

I admit it does seem powerful though traps game state wise being considered slow, thought to make this as a sort of attack lock counter trap damage strategy based of the Guard Robot in Yugioh 5D's (hence the name.)

Counter Traps generally aren't played because they're slow and there are faster choices, but with a card like this those downsides are removed.  Then the potent effects of the Solemns become extremely useful, especially if you can search exactly the one you want.  Keep in mind that a lot of powerful cards are held back by inconsistency, not any inherent lack of power from the card itself.  Consistency = power in Yugioh, and this card gives counter traps a lot more consistency as well as a speed boost.