Edge of Justice - Ended.

Kale

Why is it that you will stay with the fan fic below (if you will).  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Why is it that you will stay with the fan fic below (if you will).

• Because you like the way its written.
    • because you like the duel field pics
    • becuase you like the story line.
    • All of the above.

well, I have written it, but I havnt posted it yet. I still have to make those awesome duel field pics that you guys like so much... ^_^

You are going crazy over this fan fic.... >.>

What I meant was I hope you enjoy it when it is finally posted.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay. ^_^ chapter 7 is coming very soon' date=' I promise.

Btw, what does ooc stand for? You used it... O.o

[/quote']

Hurray!!!

OOC means Out of character

OOC:My fanfic's ch.3's out. Give your comments. (I would hve got it down on yesterday if not for server crash)

something smells fishy...

that guy at the gas station. weird. and Kal being the last to enter the tourny is NOT a coincidence, yeah...?

Kal's roommate seems to have an interesting set of monsters. looking forward to see them and Max in action and what the future holds for them...

lol! i like the nutjob character. wonder what's that all about @_@ and he seems to have some unique creatures there himslef. interesting...

all and all, kudos on a job well done --- yet again. minor mistakes here and there, but nothing too serious. keep up the good work...

Schy ^.^V

yeah, the Deserter Knights are my creations as well... ^_^ I do like using my cards, its another way for people to see them. ^_^

And you may be getting onto something there Shy. ^_^

Thanks for your comments, you guys. Chapter 7 will be out maybe tomorrow or Monday. ^_^

well, all of my card creations thus far have been posted elsewhere...

I have a link to my ally set in my sig, and the others are all in my completed card contest.

I can post a link to it when I make chapter 7 if you like. ^_^

Thanks for your comment and rate!

[spoiler=Vol. 1: Chapter 7]

Vol. 1: Chapter 7

Kal: 8000

Shairalia: 5200

“Oh no, He has gotten the upper hand! But we can take ‘im!” Shairalia said, again to himself.

Kal looked at the deranged man through his long, black hair that was in his face. He had a long, scraggly beard, and a matching head of hair. There were traces in it of grey, but he didn’t look old. He seemed…tired. But underneath the hair and fur he wore were his eyes. Those green eyes were filled with innocence, innocence from ignorance. Something about this man Shairalia just seemed…pure.

“[/i]Draw![/i]” Shairalia stated his move.

“You lose another 500, do to my Chained Daemon’s effect!” Kal said.

A chain sprung out of the graveyard and whacked Shairalia on the head.

Kal: 8000

Shairalia: 4700

“Alright, let’s activate the Spell Card Bonding Ice Crystals! This allows me to Remove from play fusion material monsters on a fusion Ice Crystal Monster to fusion summon him! So I remove my two fallen Ice Crystal Monsters, Arctic Driver and Frost Bitten Knight, to Special Summon my Ice Shard Dragon!!”

The Spell Card flipped up and flashed for a moment; a vortex opened up in the sky above Shairalia’s head. Ghostly forms of the two fallen Ice Crystals, the slender blue creature and the strong man in furs, came out of the clear ground and floated into the vortex.

Then the Spell Card and the vortex disappeared. In its place appeared a ferocious, blue serpent dragon. ATK: 2600/ LV: 8

“But I am not done! Now I activate the Spell Melting the Seal! This lets me add those two removed Ice Crystals back into my Deck!”

The card flipped up and glowed, then disappeared. Shairalia took his two monsters and shuffled them into his deck.

“Ice Shard Dragon, attack his Legion’s Samurai now!”

The dragon raised its head and released an ice cold blast of air toward the Samurai. The Samurai tried his best to fight it off and stay where he was, but to no avail. He burst into a thousand shards.

Kal: 7600

Shairalia: 4700

“Now the effect of my Standlach activates! When the monster in the Vector above him is destroyed, you take 500 points of damage!” Kal interjected.

The giant red stone raised his fist and released a beam of red energy toward Shairalia.

Kal: 7600

Shairalia: 4200

“Fine! I will place one card facedown, then I will summon Snowstorm Phantom in attack mode!”

A ghostly white figure appeared after the card flipped up. ATK: 750 / LV: 3

“This ‘freezes’ your Graveyard. I am allowed to place one Ice Counter on your Graveyard, and as long as this monster is on the field you cant activate effects that involve your Graveyard!” Shairalia said, “I end my turn.”

[spoiler=Round 5 field pic]

Duel4Round5.jpg

‘Drat, that means I can’t activate Standlach’s last effect to get a monster back.’ Kal said.

Kal drew his card in silence. He had to figure out something to do…

“I Stack my Legion’s Elf Priestess on top of Standlach!”

An elf in green clothing appeared in front of the glowing, red giant. ATK: 1700 / LV: 4.

“Now I can activate her ability! I can tribute my Standlach to destroy your facedown card!” Kal said.

The Glowing giant slowly evaporated into a red energy. The energy was attracted to the elf’s raised arm, and her arm started to glow red as well. She pointed her arm straight in the air and released the energy. A beam of light came straight down upon the face down card. The card broke into a thousand shards.

“No! My Trap Card Stealthy Takedown would have destroyed your monster!” Shairalia said in protest.

“Not anymore, it wont.” Kal said, “Now I can activate my Spell Card called Reinforcement of the Allies! This allows me to add an Ally monster to my hand from my deck. Then I can activate a second effect: if I pay 1000 Life Points I can Special Summon that monster I just added!”

Kal: 6600

Shairalia: 4200

“I chose to summon my Legion’s Samurai to the top of the Stack with my Elf!”

The card flipped up behind the Elf Sorceress and it left behind a warrior in black armor. He had a sharp ended staff as his weapon. ATK: 1500 / LV: 3

“Now I release my Elf to destroy your Ice Shard Dragon!” Kal said.

The Elf transformed into a green mist of energy, which was then attracted to the Samurai’s staff. His staff then started to glow green. The Samurai flung his weapon at the Dragon, releasing an orb of green energy which broke it into a thousand shards.

“And now I can attack your Snowstorm Phantom with my Samurai!”

The Samurai walked up to the white, ghostly form and sliced his sharp staff right through it. It was destroyed into a thousand shards.

Shairalia: 3450

“I end my turn.” Kal said.

[spoiler=Round 6 field pic]

Duel4Round6.jpg

“That Jean Amicus is something!” A kid in the crowd said to his friend. “Shairalia fused a pretty powerful monster, and even froze Jean’s Graveyard. But he still came back and obliterated Shairalia’s field during his next turn! And all with monsters that have less than 2000 ATK points!”

“But he did it with a price.” The friend replied, “Jean now has no cards left in his hand, and only a 1500 ATK monster on his field to protect him. He may be winning in Life Points, but he doesn’t have any hand advantage, or field support. If he loses that Samurai he is going to need one heck of a draw.”

‘Thanks for reminding me, guys.’ Kal thought miserably. He had indeed made a gamble, one that he hoped he would win.

Draw!” Shairalia said.

A chain came out of Kal’s Graveyard once more, choking another 500 points away.

Shairalia: 2950

“I summon my Isis – the Ice Dragon Sorceress!”

A woman in blue clothing appeared. ATK: 1500 / LV: 4

“When she is summoned, I can add a Dragon / Ice Crystal to my hand from my Deck, so I choose my Ice Cap Dragon!” Shairalia added the card from his deck to his hand, and then he shuffled his deck.

Since my monster has the same ATK as yours, it would be stupid of me to destroy both and leave me with nothing. So I end my turn.”

[spoiler=Round 7 field pic]

Duel4Round7.jpg

‘At least I kept my monster… so now what luck do I have this turn…?’ Kal thought.

Kal was about to draw his card, but when he touched his Deck he hesitated. His eyes glowed blue for a moment, but no one seemed to notice. Kal seemed to hear a voice in the back of his mind…

‘Your victory will come next turn, all you have to do is have faith in your cards….’ The voice said.

‘Next turn? I can win this next turn…?’ Kal thought. He continued to his Draw Phase, which he conducted in silence.

What he drew amazed him. He might win after all!

“I set one card face down, then I end my turn.” He said.

Murmurs were heard through the crowd.

“…what do you suppose that is?...”

“…do you think Jean has given up?...”

“…he smiled, it must be something good…”

“…Jean has something up his sleeve after all!...”

‘You just wait and see,’ Kal thought.

Draw!” Shairalia said.

Again, the chain appeared. This time it decided to thwump Shairalia on the head to inflict it’s 500 damage.

Shairalia: 2450

“I sacrifice my Isis, in order to summon my Ice Shard Vampire!”

Wind whipped around the woman in blue, and then she disappeared. In her place was a blue vampire, ready for the kill. ATK: 2100 / LV: 5

All of a sudden, Ice Shard Vampire’s ATK increased. ATK: 2100 ~ 2200.

“Whaaa…??” Kal asked, confused.

“Ice Shard Vampire gains 100 ATK points for each Ice Crystal Monster there is on the field.” He said as a reply, “And now I remove from play the three monsters currently in my Graveyard to Special Summon my Demon Samurai of the Tundra!”

The ghostly forms of the Ice Shard Dragon, the Dragon Sorceress, and the Snowstorm Phantom appeared and disappeared into a vortex. Then a grey armored Samurai that rivaled the look of the Legion’s Samurai appeared on Shairalia’s side of the field. ATK: 0 / LV: 8

“And my Samurai gains Ice Counters for each card he removed from play for his summoning, so he gets three counters! And then he gets 700 ATK points for each counter!”

He flexed his muscles, but from under all the metal armor you couldn’t tell that there was a difference. ATK: 0 ~ 2100.

“And now that there is another Ice Crystal monster on my field, Ice Shard Vampire’s ATK is increased once more!”

Ice Shard Vampire: ATK: 2200 ~ 2300.

“Now, attack his Legion’s Samurai now, my vampire!” Shairalia commanded.

The Vampire ran toward the Samurai, then punched him with such a force that before he doubled over he was in a thousand shards.

Kal: 5800

“You activated my trap! Go, Call of the Allies!” Kal interjected.

The facedown card flipped up, revealing a Trap.

“What does it do?” Shairalia asked.

“When a monster of mine is destroyed, I am able to Special Summon monsters from my deck whose combined levels match the destroyed monsters level. This means that I am allowed to Special Summon monsters whose levels together add up to three, since my Samurai that you just destroyed is a level three. That means that I am allowed to summon my Legion’s Counter Daemon and my Legion’s Blocker Daemon!” Kal explained.

He fished out the two monsters and Summoned them together in the same Stack, the Counter Daemon on the bottom and the Blocker Daemon on the top.

Two Skeleton figures appeared, one with a vertical faced body much like a human’s, the other with a horizontal faced body like a dog’s. The dog-shaped skeleton was in front of the human skeleton.

Legion’s Blocker Daemon: ATK: 0 / LV: 1

Legion’s Counter Daemon: ATK: 0 / LV: 2

“Okay, my Samurai can take care of him! Attack his Blocker Daemon now!”

“You cant.” Kal said.

“Why not?” Shairalia asked. His samurai wouldn’t move anyway.

“The effect of my Counter Daemon. The monster on the top of the Stack cannot be selected as an attack target while he is on the bottom of the stack, so neither of them can be touched.” Kal explained.

Shairalia looked unnerved.

“Fine, I end my turn.”

[spoiler=Round 8 field pic]

Duel4Round8.jpg

Kal touched the top of his deck only to hesitate once more. His eyes flashed blue again, and no one seemed to notice. At least no one said anything.

Kal heard the voice in his head once more; it seemed to him to be his own.

‘Victory is yours. Just play this card correctly and you win…’ the voice said.

‘Is this a premonition?’ Kal wondered.

Kal drew his card, and he saw just what he hoped for, a key to time itself.

“I summon my Legion’s Time Keeper in attack mode!” Kal said.

A woman in blue armor appeared holding a saber in one hand, and a clock in the other. ATK: 1300 / LV: 4

“Now my monster gains one Ally Counter from the summon of an Ally Monster, namely herself.

The clock hand turned forward to ‘1 o’clock.’

“Now I activate the effect of my Counter Daemon! I can pay Life Points in increments of 300 to add one Ally Counter to a monster, like my Time Keeper. So I pay 2400 Life Points to add 8 counters to her!” Kal said.

Kal’s Life Points reduced, and at the same time the hands moved forward on the clock to the ‘9 o’clock’ position.

Kal: 3400

“Now I can activate the effect of my Time Keeper! She has been keeping record of the duel this entire time and she can rewind it at a moment’s notice! By removing 3 Ally Counters from her I am allowed to Special Summon one Ally Monster from the Graveyard, by removing 9 I can Summon 3 Allies. So I remove all nine counters to Special Summon my Legion’s Warrior and my two Legion’s Samurais!”

The clock glowed blue-green and both the minute hand and the hour hand started to spin in opposite directions. They were spinning so fast that all you saw was a blur. She raised the clock into the air and at that moment both the hands stopped at the ‘12 o’clock’ position. Then a beam of white light shot straight into the air, symbolizing the fact that the magic had started. From the ground rose two symmetric warriors in black armor brandishing their weapons, and a warrior in ragged black clothing with a small dagger.

Legion’s Samurai: ATK: 1500 / LV: 3

Legion’s Samurai: ATK: 1500 / LV: 3

Legion’s Warrior: ATK: 1300 / LV: 3

One of the Samurai’s appeared in front of the two Daemon’s, the other Samurai and the Warrior appeared next to them in their own Stack. The Time Keeper put her clock down. She was in a Zone by herself.

“Alright, you know the effect of my Samurais by now, I should hope. By releasing my Warrior for Samurai #1 and my Blocker Daemon for Samurai #2 I can destroy both of your monsters.” Kal explained.

The Warrior evaporated into a black light and the Blocker Daemon evaporated into a purple light.

Both of the auras of light were attracted to the respective staffs of the two Samurais. In prefect formation the two monsters flung their glowing staffs at the two monsters on the opposite field, releasing two orbs of pulsing energy. Both of the Ice Crystals were destroyed, and they fell into a thousand shards.

“Now I can attack you with my Time Keeper and my two Samurais.” Kal said.

The three monsters walked forward and sliced their weapons down upon him at the same moment, wiping out all the rest of their life points.

Kal: 3400

Shairalia: 0

[spoiler=Round 9 field pic]

Duel4Round9.jpg

The crowd started cheering the victory, some even gave standing ovations. All Kal could think about at this moment was, ‘That was too close there… If I had lost.. this adventure would have been pointless. Is this what I really want?’

“And the winner of Duel 1 is… JEAN AMICUS!” the announcer stated. The crowd cheered even louder for their approbation.

“We will have a ten minute break before the next Duel!” the announcer stated. Kal was about to find a chair to sit in when the announcer came toward him.

“That was one heck of an ending. When Shairalia summoned those two creatures I thought you were done for!” he said.

“Gee thanks..” Kal said.

The announcer laughed. “Hey, I just wanted to say congratulations for your impressive win.” He extended his hand.

Kal took it and they shook hands for a moment.

“What is your name?” Kal asked.

“Roland.” He replied.

“Roland? Like one of Kaiba’s suits?” Kal wondered.

“Not anymore. After Mr. Kaiba lost to Yugi that last time he went ballistic and fired almost all of his staff. I was lucky to be hired again by Mr. Pegasus at Industrial Illusions.”

“Pegasus? Like the creator of Duel Monsters, Pegasus?”

“Yes, didn’t you know that he was hosting this tournament?” Roland asked.

“No, I guess I didn’t. Why isn’t this being hosted in Domino, like Battle City?”

“Because Mr. Pegasus stayed here at the Palmarium once and decided he loved the architecture. He decided to throw a tournament in it.” Roland said.

Kal laughed. Good old eccentric Pegasus.

Roland looked down at his watch. “Well, the time is almost up now. Best give everyone a heads up that it’s time to come back.” And with that he walked off.

Kal was at last free to sit down in the closest chair he could find. He put his head in his hands and slid his fingers through his long, black hair.

‘Is this what I really want to be doing?’ he wondered. ‘I am going to need to tweak this deck if I want to win further rounds… that was too close of a duel.’

His thought was cut short when he felt that he was being stared at. He raised his head to look around, and across the arena was a woman. She seemed to be around the same age as Kal, 18 or maybe 20, and she had short red hair. She also had a soft, beautiful face.

It would have been more beautiful if it didn’t have a scowl on it. She was glaring at Kal, like he had done something bad to her. No, like he was an abomination.

‘I know who you are,’ rang a voice through his head. Kal almost jumped out of his skin. He turned and looked for who made the noise, but found no one.

He turned around to face the short, red haired person again, but there was no one there.

“What just happened…?” Kal wondered aloud. He sat back down.

He heard Roland announce that the time was up and that the break was over. People started returning to their seats. Kal could see the people on the next floor down giving him thumbs up signs.

“Well, Duel 1 was exciting, was it not?” Roland asked the crowd.

“Yeah!” the crowd agreed.

“Let’s see how the next duel fairs! Duel two is between Shylish Mastero and Derek Seffman!”

A tall, slender boy with brown hair stood up out of the crowd. So did a short man with thinning hair.

Each one stood on opposite ends of the court and raised their duel disks.

Duel!” each one said, and they each drew five cards.

Kal didn’t pay much attention to the duel, his mind was too preoccupied. He did notice that the slender boy with brown hair was Shylish, and the short man with thinning hair was Derek. Shylish dueled with an unusual set of ‘Music’ monsters, and Derek was dueling with an ordinary Insect Swarm deck.

‘Is this what I really want to do?’ Kal wondered again.

Kal’s mind told him that this was a great opportunity, and that he barely got in. He was the last to get in, as a matter of fact. And he even got in for free! He shouldn’t waste the opportunity.

But his heart told him the opposite. He could possibly do the thing he wanted to do the most if he was stuck here at a tournament. He should leave, and go find Joel Karne.

Joel Karne is the biggest crime boss from Aequitas, and was the only person that had beaten Kal when he was at his A game. Because of that victory, he was allowed to go free for the night and no one had found him since. This affected his work, and made him lose every duel afterward. Even losing to duelists with the weakest decks Kal had ever seen. Because of this he was fired from his job.

All Kal desired in this world was to find Joel Karne and put him to justice. He could possibly get his job back too.

Part of him needed to find Karne. He needed to prove that he can win against all odds, and that he wouldn’t lose to anyone.

So Joel Karne was on the edge of justice. The justice to be brought to him, and his freedom.

And Kal was on the edge of justice as well. On the edge of doing what is right, and total revenge.

thank tanillet for the ice crystal monsters, as they are his. ^_^

I made the strategy though, so thanks. :D

Oh, and for a preview, I am going to be making at least 4 new cards in my ally set soon. ^_^

And thank you for your comment tankiller! I appreciate it. ^_^

Archived