Edge of Justice - Ended.

Kale

Why is it that you will stay with the fan fic below (if you will).  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Why is it that you will stay with the fan fic below (if you will).

• Because you like the way its written.
    • because you like the duel field pics
    • becuase you like the story line.
    • All of the above.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh, I see in your sig that your were dimension lord! Sorry... Didnt catch that before. ^_^

And that is a pretty bold statement about my fan fic being the best one the site, and I do appreciate it. ^_^

I wish more people would comment on it too, I may not have a 330+ rep like dj has, and I might not be a super impressive member (yet I hope!) but I still think that that isnt a reason to ignor someone...

That you for your statement. ^_^

I know how you feel. You deserve much more credit then your getting. I try my best to support you all the way. Just always know, that I will always support your fanfic, no matter what. Keep writing, don't stop just because no-one is commenting because you will be making me happy and yourself proud. You very talented and I see no reason why anyone would choose to ignore this brilliant fanfic. All I see in you is talent. Also very kind you are. Please accept my support. I know your next chapter will be a great success. And I can't wait to read it. I hope I have given you some support.

you have, and I think you are one of my biggest (and only) supporters. ^_^

I appreciate that.

And I won't give up, I have already started on chapter 6, I actually might be able to finish it today. I hope you guys like it, and I will be putting an ad in the ycm magazine for this fan fic....

And yep, I do stay nice. ^_^ thanks for noticing.

[spoiler=Vol. 1: Chapter 6]

Vol. 1: Chapter 6

Kal was speeding to get out of the town. He could have been seen by any officer on traffic duty, but he didn’t care. In fact, it only made him go faster.

The dart wasn’t helping his experience on the bike either. His arm was completely asleep now, so if he needed to suddenly stop that was out of the question. His hand couldn’t grip the break.

So Kal was trying his hardest to stay alert, and to drive the safest as he could.

The night was dark, and he was heading out of the city. He thought for a moment of his last travel like this. He thought about spending time in the cave again, no one found him while he spent all his time hunting and gathering berries.

But that thought was cut short when he realized that he was heading in the opposite direction from the forests. In this direction was the next big city, Succurro. He might be able to find refuge there, Succurro was a large enough city, he might even be looked over if the DPF officers went looking for him.

‘If? Yeah, sure…. It’s more like when…’ Kal thought to himself.

Then the ‘Low Gas’ light on his bike flickered on. Kal sighed.

‘Just one more thing to top this already awesome day…..’

Kal new that he would have to stop, and soon. He couldn’t get to Succurro on how much gas he had left, he would need to find a gas station of some sort.

Kal had his first piece of fortune for the day. A tiny gas station with only two pumps just came into view as he started to coast over a hill. The light was still on, a weird sight to see this far out of the city limits at this time of night.

Kal stopped next to the first pump and started fueling. Once the take was full, he went inside. The clerk watched his every move as he walked up and down the many shelves of junk food and soda. Kal picked himself a bag of jerky and a two liter of soda; he had enough space to fit them in his side compartments of his bike.

Kal went up to pay, and realized that the man was still staring at him. But not at his eyes, at his chest…

Kal looked down as saw the four inch dart still in his shoulder. His arm wasn’t numb anymore, but he still didn’t have the strength to pull it out. He had completely forgotten about the dart when he saw the open gas station, and he hadn’t bothered trying to pull it out before hand.

Kal freaked out and tried to hide it from view, even though he knew it wouldn’t make a difference.

“Calm yourself, friend.” The man behind the counter said, “We all have rough patches time to time.”

Kal was unsure of what the man meant, but he seemed oddly calm. Every one can spot a Cyborg Dart; it wasn’t a weapon that common criminals use. Common criminals go for the quick, easy kill with a bullet, but the Cyborgs are into something else entirely…..

Kal calmed down and relaxed himself. He took the time to look at the man behind the counter.

He had long, dark hair, much like his own, and stood up to about 6 foot 1. He was muscular, but not to the extreme. He still had a small keg out in front to take care of as well. He was wearing a thin, white tank top, and a pair of blue jeans.

“What is your name?” the man asked.

Kal would rather not say his true name, so he used an alias that he commonly used as a DPF officer.

“Jean. Jean Amicus.”

“Pleased to meet you, Jean. I see that you have a duel disk…” the man started, and trailed off unexpectedly.

Kal raised his left arm and showed the machine to the man.

“Yeah, I have one.” Kal, or rather Jean, replied.

“How good are your dueling skills?” the man asked as he scrutinized the disk.

“I get along alright. Why do you ask?”

“I would like to invite you to a tournament, unless you are on your way to it already.”

“Tournament?” Kal asked.

“Ah, I see that you haven’t heard. Well, there will be a Duel Monsters tournament starting in two days. The tournament provides room and board, all meals, as well as the tournament itself.

It will be a single elimination tournament, lose once and you’re out. It should only take a few days, maybe a week, to finish the tournament.”

“And the prize?” Kal asked.

The man’s eyes lighted up, he knew that Kal was interested now. “The prize is a penthouse suite in Succurro’s main hotel, the Palmarium. It is fully furnished and is applicable to all hotel accommodations, such as room service and cleaning of the room on regular intervals.”

Kal thought for a moment that this is something worth having. After his stay for a month in his decrepit old house, he might actually be able to sleep in a room when rain wouldn’t fall on his face….

“Sounds interesting. And you said this was in…?”

“It is being held in the Palmarium, as it turns out.” The man said.

“And what would be the cost?” Kal asked. He had barely enough money to pay for his bill at the gas station, let alone a major tournament.

The man grinned. “I see great talent in you, Jean. As it turns out, I am one of the talent scouters for this tournament, and any person I see with real merit I can get in for free.”

“Really?” Kal asked. This might be his big break, something to get him out of this hole that he has been working his way into. Maybe winning a major tournament such as this could prove to the chief that he can duel, and maybe he can get his job back.

“I’ll do it.” Kal said.

“Great! Here is a flyer, and an application. All I will need is your name, and a way to contact you.”

Kal quickly signed ‘Jean Amicus’ and scribbled a phone number. He didn’t have a cell phone, but his parents did. They would be able to contact Kal, they knew how.

The man looked over the form, then folded it once and stuck it in his shirt pocket.

Kal looked at the flyer. It was a very decorative piece of artwork, complete with gold leaf and embossed edges. It had all of the information on it and more: it also stated that there would be a card shop.

“Will this be all for you today?” the man asked, motioning to his two items sitting on the counter.

“I also have gas on pump one.” Kal said.

“Okay, that brings your total to $19.36.”

Kal took out of his pocket the oldest twenty dollar bill in creation. It was so fragile that he had to carry it in the corner for it to not fall apart. Kal had held that bill in his possession for as long as he could remember, and he had it in case of emergency.

Now his emergency fund has been depleted completely.

The man behind the counter gave Kal his change. “I wish you luck at the tournament,” he said.

“Thanks,” Kal said as he walked out to his bike.

Kal was back on the road again in no time, and he was sailing through the cool, night air at alarming speed.

No one was ever on the roads between cities, unless it was for transport of products from one major city to another. Or unless the police were after a fugitive.

Kal wasn’t worried about that though; he was just trying to stay focused on the road. He had two things on his mind that were taking all of his focus.

The first was about the tournament. He was so excited about such an opportunity; he hadn’t ever been in a tournament. He was in school, and then he went straight into the DFP. He didn’t even have time to graduate from Battle Academy, the renowned ‘duel school’ that all aspiring duelist go to learn from, because he was so good.

He was more excited about this tournament than anything else in his entire life.

The other thing on his mind was the strange events that happened during his duel in the alley. Had he actually levitated? Did he actually pick up a building with his mind? Was he actually going to drop the building on Dagoris’s head?

These questions were piling up in his head. He wanted to know how he tapped into this power, how he could control it, and most of all, where did it come from?

Kal was so confused and so happy that it was hard trying to define what mood he was in. And this was what was distracting him from the road.

But he did have to worry much longer. As he crested the top of another hill, at last the city of Succurro was in sight. It had many tall buildings, but the main focus was the building in the center of the city. It was taller than all of the surrounding buildings by a few stories at least. It was a regular, square shaped design until you go to the top, where the top floor was a circular shape. If you paid attention, you could see that the top floor moved very slowly in a clockwise direction. This way you could see the sunrise and the sunset from the same spot in your bedroom.

This building was the Palmarium, so the place where they were going to hold the tournament wasn’t that hard to find. If you get lost, just look up to find the giant, rotating, circular hotel room.

The sight of this building made Kal only get even more excited. Kal turned the throttle back and started his sprint toward the town.

Once inside the city, he drove through the lanes of busy traffic until he got to the Palmarium’s large parking garage across the street. He parked his bike in the most convenient place, and then walked up to the lobby.

‘I wonder if they will let me stay the next two days until the tournament….’ Kal thought to himself. If they didn’t, then he didn’t know what he was going to do until then.

He walked up to the front desk in awe. The building had a very tall ceiling, and everything was in the colors of crimson and gold. There were many gold pillars supporting the building in the lobby, but they also looked like graceful pieces of artwork.

He was still looking around when he finally stopped at the front desk. The clerk glanced at him for a moment, expecting him to say something as to the nature of his business, but after him just staring around like cat in a doghouse, she just left him to his business.

Soon the wait was too unnerving for her to handle, “Can I help you?” she asked.

Kal instantly snapped out of his trance, and he went back into the serious, business-like attitude like his usual self.

“Yes, I would like to find out if the rooms for the contestants in your tournament are ready.” Kal asked.

The woman looked at him for a moment, and then looked like she was thinking about something. Whatever it was, soon she had made a decision.

“You are a duelist?” she asked.

“Yes, as a matter of fact I am.” Kal said. He raised his duel disk for corroboration. The woman stood up to get a better look at the machine.

“Alright. Name?” she asked.

“Jean Amicus.”

She typed the name into a computer, and she frowned. “I’m sorry, but there is no one reserved for this tournament under that name.”

Just then the fax machine behind the clerk started buzzing. Soon a paper fell out onto a tray. The clerk picked it up and started reading.

“You have good timing; this is a fax from Bill Utilis stating that you are a competitor, and the final one to enter. Congratulations,” she said, trying to sound cordial.

“That is nice timing.” Kal agreed.

“The rooms are shared, two competitors to a room. I will place you in room 512, which is on the fifth floor,” she said, “the elevators are that way.”

She had pointed to her left, and Kal looked over to see a row of four sets of metal doors. The woman gave him a key, and soon Kal was on his way.

Kal made it to the fifth floor, and followed the signs to show him the way to 512.

When he got there, he heard noises behind the door. ‘Alright, I guess my roommate is already settled in…’ Kal thought.

Kal slide the key card into the slot and opened the door. When he walked inside, he saw a teenaged boy lying on the bed closest to the window. He had short, spiked blonde hair. He was wearing a white shirt and jeans, and was watching TV.

When Kal walked into the room he put the TV on mute, and he stood up off his bed.

“Hello, my name is Max Aufero.” He said, extending his hand out to shake.

“Hello, Max,” Kal said, “My name is Jean Amicus.”

“Pleased to meet you John.” He said.

“No, you have to put more of a ‘z’ sound on the J. It’s Jean, not John.” Kal said, smiling.

Max frowned a playful frown, “Oh alright, Zohn….”

The two laughed a bit. Kal knew that he was going to have a fun time at this tournament.

“So, how many tournaments have you been to?” Max asked, flopping back onto the bed.

“This will be my first.” Kal replied.

“Nice start, actually. It is pretty impressive to be starting out here at the Palmarium. But that makes the competition only stronger; you will have to bring your Z game.”

“Z game? What happened to A game?” Kal asked.

“Well, when you go up above A in the alphabet, you can only go up to Z…..” Max replied.

Kal chuckled a bit at that, “I guess that is true. How many have you been to?”

“This will be my eighth. This is all I have left now that I am out of Battle Academy.”

“You were in Battle Academy?” Kal asked, wondering if Max had ever seen him there. If he had he could pull the curtain on his ruse..

“Not to the Battle Academy, no. I went to Battle Academy II, over here in Succurro.”

“Oh,” Kal said, relieved.

“Yeah. But I haven’t ever won a tournament. I have gotten close several times, but I have never taken first. This will be my year though; this will be the year when Max Aufero is known!”

“That would be nice. I just hope that I don’t flunk out in the preliminaries…”

“Yeah, I hope that doesn’t happen to me either...” Max agreed.

Then they sat in silence for a while. Kal went to unpack his things into his dresser that was provided. It was pretty easy, since he only had two other sets of clothes with him.

Kal laid down on his bed, ready for sleep, but he wanted to know more about Max. Just one more thing…

He turned to face Max, who had since turned on the sound of the television and had started watching it again.

“What kind of deck do you have?” Kal asked.

Max turned and looked at him; on his face was a look of anxiousness.

“I thought you would never ask!” he said, and he sprung up off his bed and darted for his duel disk.

“I duel with these,” he said as he fanned out his cards to Kal, “They are called the ‘Deserter Knights.’”

“What do they do?” Kal asked, intrigued.

Max’s eyes sparkled with enthusiasm, “They remove themselves from play, and then they come back later to activate their effects. Look at this one,” Max said as he pulled one out of the stack of cards.

It was a night, of course, with black hair and dark armor. The name read ‘Deserter Knight – the Wanderer.’

“This guy can either inflict damage to your opponent, or destroy a card on the field when he comes back.” Max said.

“That’s cool.” Kal said. And it really was. He had never heard of anything like these Knights. He had heard of cards that remove cards from play, but these guys do it to themselves!

“Yep, I think so too. What do you duel with?”

Kal reached over to his deck and showed them to his new friend.

“I duel with Ally Monsters.” Kal said.

“I never heard of them. What do they do?”

“They stack on top of each other, and they swarm the field with their many effects. They are quite fun to duel with.” Kal replied.

“I am sure they are. Well, I wish you the best of luck with that deck, but right now I would like to get some sleep, how ‘bout you?”

“Sounds good to me.” Kal replied.

_____

For once Kal slept with no dreams. It was quite a nice break from having the same dreams every night…

Kal walked down to breakfast that morning. He ate in silence without his roommate. H slept in too long for Kal to wait for him.

Kal took the day to walk around the city, not bothering to hide from view. He bent over to pick up a nice rock he saw when his shoulder started hurting. It was the shoulder that had the dart in it. Kal had taken it out before he walked out of the parking garage, and he tossed it in the nearest trash can he saw. His shoulder has hurt ever since.

He decided he didn’t like the rock, so he dropped it anyway.

He continued his walk, and he didn’t return to the hotel until nightfall.

_____

By the day of the tournament Kal was bored out of his mind. Max had gone somewhere the day of Kal’s walk, so he was just left with an empty room with no one to talk too.

Sure Kal had TV, but the daily drama shows only annoyed him. So Kal was left with either sleeping, or building a better deck. Kal choose the latter, and he had even gone to the Card Shop. He traded some of his unneeded cards for some that he thought would help, and soon he had built the best deck he had ever had.

But now, he was bored out of his mind.

Kal checked his watch. ‘9:00,’ Kal thought, ‘duels start at 10:00, so I have an hour to kill…’

Kal had already eaten breakfast, and had already gotten his duel disk ready. He decided to just sit in the cafeteria until 10:00.

It was finally 10:00, and soon all of the competitors and spectators were walking into the seventh floor. This floor was just one big empty space, so it was perfect for dueling in. The Palmarium Staff had set up a series of bleachers around the middle of the area, the space where everyone would duel.

The special thing about the floor was that it was very thick, clear material. It wasn’t glass, that could break too easily. But this material was clear enough so that the people on the next floor down could see the duelists as well. They were not going to sum out of seating room.

The first round was going to start in a matter of moments.

A man in a black suit and tie walked into the middle of the clear floor and started talking into a microphone.

“Are you ready to see some duel action!?” the announcer asked with almost too much enthusiasm.

The crowed cheered and screamed their approval.

“Well let’s not prolong the fun any longer! In the first duel, the competitors will be: Shairalia Blonevech vs. Jean Amicus!” the announcer said.

A Russian man stood up in the crowd. He looked at his side and said something, but not to anyone that Kal could see.

‘Great, I’m going first… how’d that happen?’ Kal thought.

Kal stood up as well, and they both walked into the middle of the room.

“Alright guys, I want a fair match between the both of you. Now, Duel!” the announcer said, and he backed away from the pair.

“You ready for this, my friend?” Shairalia asked, but not to Kal. He seemed to be talking to himself.

‘Great, I go first, and I get to duel a nut job…’ Kal thought.

Duel!” they both said, and they drew five cards.

Kal: 8000

Shairalia: 8000

“I shall start,” Shairalia said, and drew his next card.

“Alright, I summon Arctic Diver, in attack mode!” he said.

The card flipped face up, and a blue, slender creature appeared. ATK: 1700/ LV: 4

“Now for his Special Ability! By placing an Ice Counter on this card, I can place one level for Ice Crystal monster on the top of my deck! And I choose The Frostbitten Knight!”

Shairalia placed the card from his deck onto the top.

“And then I will place one card face down and end my turn.”

[spoiler=Round 1 field pic]

Duel4Round1.jpg

Kal drew his card in silence. He knew that the facedown card was a trap, so he had to get rid of it.

“Let’s MST your facedown!” Kal said, activating the spell card Mystical Space Typhoon.

The card flipped up, and tornado appeared above Shairalia’s face down card. The card broke into a thousand shards to be revealed as dimensional prison.

“Alright, let the fun begin! I will Normal Summon my Legion’s Attack Power – Yin and Yang in attack mode!”

The card flipped, and two identical yet opposite fiends with one wing each appeared. One was black, and one was white. The black one stepped forward, leaving the white fiend one step behind. ATK: 1500/ LV: 4

“Ha! He can’t beat my Diver! See, what did I tell you?” Shairalia asked no one in particular. Kal was getting unnerved by this behavior. What was he trying to do?

“I will now activate his Special Ability! Buy discarding one card, I am able to change his attribute to LIGHT, and when that happens he gains 300 attack points!” Kal said.

The black fiend took a step back, and the white one took its place in front. ATK: 1800

“Now, attack his arctic diver now!” Kal said.

The white fiend leapt into the air, and slashed his wing down upon the slender creature on Shairalia’s side of the field.

The monster was gone in a matter of moments, broken into a thousand shards.

Shairalia: 7900

“I get to draw a card now from my monster’s ability. Now I will place one card face down and end my turn. And now my creature’s attribute turns back to DARK.” Kal said.

The black fiend took his post again. ATK: 1500

[spoiler=Round 2 field pic]

Duel4Round2.jpg

Shairalia drew his next card.

“Hey, do you remember the card I discarded? It just happens to be that it is my Legion’s Chained Daemon, and he takes 500 Life Points away from you during your Standby Phase!” Kal interjected.

A chain shot out of the graveyard slot of Kal’s duel disk and wrapped itself around Shairalia’s throat.

Shairalia: 7400

“Alright, time to destroy your creature! I summon The Frostbitten Knight, in attack mode!”

The card flipped, and a strong man in furs appeared. ATK: 2000/LV: 4

“What!? A 2000 attack monster??” Kal exclaimed.

“Indeed, now attack his Attack Power!” Shairalia said.

“Well, here’s time for my monster’s ability. When he is selected as an attack target, he can change to defense position.” Kal said, “It won’t save him, but it will save my Life Points.”

The fiend turned into a defensive stance, and was soon destroyed by the strong man in the fur.

Shairalia: 7400

“I end my turn.”

[spoiler=Round 3 field pic]

Duel4Round3.jpg

Kal drew his card, but then something happened with the Frostbitten Knight. He lost 100 attack points.

“Huh?” Kal exclaimed.

“Tis the cost of keeping him on the field. During each Standby Phase he loses 100 attack points.” Shairalia stated.

“Alright…” Kal said, “I will activate my face down, Legion’s Magma Stone, Standlach! Now he is a trap monster, so I get to Special Summon him to the field!”

Kal flipped the trap, and then placed it on the field in attack position.

A big heap of red, glowing rock appeared, and it looked angry. ATK: 1400/LV: 5

Now to activate his special ability. I can Special Summon one level 3 Ally monster from my hand to the top of his stack! So I Summon my Legion’s Warrior in attack mode!”

A warrior in black, ragged clothing appeared. He had a long dagger as his weapon. ATK: 1300/ LV: 3

“And my Standlach as another Special Ability, it gives the Special Summoned monster a 700 attack boost!”

The dagger grew larger, into a sword. ATK: 2000.

“Now, Warrior gains the abilities of all the monsters below it, so I can Special Summon another level 3 Ally Monster to the top of the Stack, and he too will get a power boost. So now I will summon Legion’s Samurai!”

The familiar black armored samurai with the long staff appeared; ready to fight in front of the warrior and the magma rock. ATK: 1500 --> 2200/ LV: 3

“Now for my Samurai’s special ability! I can tribute my warrior to destroy a monster you control!”

The warrior disappeared into a dark purple light, and the light was attracted to the Samurai’s staff. The Staff glowed deep purple, and the Samurai flung the light off of the staff and straight into Shairalia’s Monster. The monster was destroyed as well.

“Now, I can attack you directly!” Kal said, and the Samurai walked forward with this staff ready. He sliced right through Shairalia, taking 2200 points out of him.

Shairalia: 5200

“I end my turn.” Kal said.

[spoiler=Round 4 field pic]

Duel4Round4.jpg

To be continued…

well, actually the tourney did start, its the begining of the tournament at the end of the chapter....

^_^ I am proud, this I'd one of the few things here I can call my own, and the other things are included in it. ^_^

Thank you for the comment.

I'm glad you like the allies! Those too were my creation....

And the ice cyrstals are thanks to tankiller. ^_^

I dont recognize your username, are you new to reading this fan fic? I have mistaken people before....

Thank you for your comments!

Oh, okay. ^_^ thanks for reading, and for posting! ^_^

I'm glad to have all of you, even if there arent many, who read and enjoy this fan fic...

Now where is ixigo? He said he would rate these... That was during the prologue! ^_^

you will find out in do time. ^_^

Remind me again who your character was? I can't remember off the top of my head...

But if I selected it as one of the nine winners of my contest, then yes your character will be in the fan fic. Most of them will be in the tournament...

I'm glad you liked it. ^_^

Archived