On quitting this broken game....

Well, the time has finally come. I've decided to quit Yu-Gi-Oh! The fact of the matter is the game has just become retarded. Netdecking and broken cards have brought this game to the point where self thought and strategy are overrun, trampled, beaten, curb stomped, beaten again, and then shot by the Nazi regime of DAD and Judgment Dragon. It's become so bad that nobody even runs "fun decks" anymore. A "fun deck" is a deck that uses another strategy besides using a god damn $300 card, but STILL doesn't have original thought! Oppression Gadgets, Toolbox, Batteries, Macro, all "fun decks" are more or less copied lists. I miss my Dark Paladin Deck that I ran a few months ago when I got back into this game, but before I knew it I had slowly drifted into the ranks of DDT (when it was big) and then a Dark Deck (I bought box after box to try to get DAD, but this isn't even about money woes). The point is that I more or less completely sold out, and why? To win? I didn't even get that far. And if I did, what's the point? Winning with a netdecked deck is like rigging an election. You only won because your DAD hit the field before the other dude's DAD/JD. I've never so much as made top 4 at my locals. Why? Because my locals are infested with DADers and JDers (and back when I DDT'd it was all PC). It's just a system of "Join (and pay upwards of $1000) or Die." Just a week or two ago I saw something that really just pushed the self-destruct button and convinced me to quit. At the card shop by my house, I was playing someone. He was playing some netdecked counter-gravekeepers thing with virus control. After he 2-0'd me, I asked, kind of jokingly, "What do you call this, Nazi Gravekeepers?" and his response was, "No, I don't know what name the Japanese have come up with for it yet."

wow.....just wow. Have we really lost all self-thought? Are we really just blindly following Konami into a pit of debt, death, and complete and total mob mentality? It's obvious that they're not going to do anything about it at this point. Banlists go by and DMoC sits high and mighty as legal while faith gets the pimp hand. JD and DAD rule the world at 3, and by the time they finally do get limited (LOLLIKELY), a new set will have come out with a new broken card at 3, since no card comes into print at 1 (except for like CCV). Then someone's gonna come up with a really neat strategy/combo around that card (or apparently steal it from Japan), and then it'll spread like cancer around the meta. I've even began to feel that playing smart has lost its purpose! Sure, someone can play smart, come up with a great prospect and idea for a deck, but then, a monkey/5 year old/ retarded geriatric just throws down JD. Ok, bottomless, whatever, let's even say he forgot to call priority, since we're assuming he's retarded. Then they play that pay 800 card and throw him down again. I didn't want to have to do this, but Solemn. I can't let him blow my mallon/reaper/thing keeping me alive up. Monster reincarnation/herald of creation/ANYTHING JD smacks the field again, blows everything up. I have, what? 1k left? Sure this is best case scenario, but it's also a pretty likely scenario, since a whole set was developed just to cater to JD's needs. But wait, there's more. Just in case JD couldn't be left to hold himself up, there are these lightlords that back him up. Lyla, or whatever her name is, moves the solemn out of the way, HOORAY! But I digress. We've all experienced this WAAAAY too many times, and I'm tired of trying to find ways around it. There are none! You either have to copy it and barge through it head on, or just swallow it.

TLDR: game requires no strategy (or at least self-developed strategy), has lost all fun, and has no gratification for me. In fact, I don't even know why I'm posting this here. It's probably falling on deaf ears. People like Crab and JOC already know how broken this game is, it seems, and everyone else will just be like "lolplaybetter," or _____ thread is _____

(btw, that is THE most annoying meme of all time). Maybe I'm just trying to find some solace in knowing someone agrees...whatever. You can't fix something this broken, so the only option is to quit......and maybe come back for stardust dragon (not likely).

no I agree I quit the game about a week ago and basically for the same reason, I ran DD Monarch and BOOM mid list change kills my deck and lowers sale price of my cards, I don't feel like paying my life savings to build the meta deck, I mean how long will it last me, 2 weeks? then a new deck and the deck I spent my lifesavings on become worthless thus losing a lot of money. I am selling every card I own NOW before they kill it like they did to my dimensional fusions or my dd warrior!

no I agree I quit the game about a week ago and basically for the same reason' date=' I ran DD Monarch and BOOM mid list change kills my deck and lowers sale price of my cards, I don't feel like paying my life savings to build the meta deck, I mean how long will it last me, 2 weeks? then a new deck and the deck I spent my lifesavings on become worthless thus losing a lot of money. I am selling every card I own NOW before they kill it like they did to my dimensional fusions or my dd warrior!

[/quote']

Thanks, yeah I just managed to sell off my D draws for 180, I'm sure they'll get killed at some point. D.D. Warrior was pretty pricy, wasn't he? Oh well, it sucks, nothing you can do.

Why should I give a damn?

Because it makes you look cool to post in a thread on the internet and act like a hard-ass. Better question. Why'd you open a thread called "On qutting this game" if you didn't expect a long post. Did you really expect me to just write LOLJD&DADSUCKEVERYONEAGREEWITHMESOILOOKCOOL!

Because it makes you look cool to post in a thread on the internet and act like a hard-ass. Better question. Why'd you open a thread called "On qutting this game" if you didn't expect a long post. Did you really expect me to just write LOLJD&DADSUCKEVERYONEAGREEWITHMESOILOOKCOOL!

Even better question: Why'd you post this up in the first place? The vast majority don't care whether or not you quit, so there's not much point to this thread to begin with...

Even better question: Why'd you post this up in the first place? The vast majority don't care whether or not you quit' date=' so there's not much point to this thread to begin with...

[/quote']

I addressed that in my post.

TLDR: game requires no strategy (or at least self-developed strategy), has lost all fun, and has no gratification for me. In fact, I don't even know why I'm posting this here. It's probably falling on deaf ears. People like Crab and JOC already know how broken this game is, it seems, and everyone else will just be like "lolplaybetter," or _____ thread is _____

(btw, that is THE most annoying meme of all time). Maybe I'm just trying to find some solace in knowing someone agrees...whatever.

Even better question: Why'd you post this up in the first place? The vast majority don't care whether or not you quit' date=' so there's not much point to this thread to begin with...

[/quote']

(btw, that is THE most annoying meme of all time). Maybe I'm just trying to find some solace in knowing someone agrees...whatever.

Then what the heck was the point of posting it????

[/quote']

Then what the heck was the point of posting it????

LOLTROLLING? I suppose you're right. I should have realized that this forum is just full of meatheadded sheep who all take the opinion of one another and end up forming a clusterf*ck of idiocy, repeating themselves over and over again with "tl;dr" and comments of the like.

Guest PikaPerson01

Dude, are you just testing out your new keyboard or something? No one cares. But we must let you know that it caught our attention for a second, but could not hold it for long enough.

1/10 topic.

Here, let me explain

Yugioh 9 months ago - perfect circle, cost around $300

Yugioh 5 months ago - Dark pack comes out, people are testing around, but DDT, Six samurai, and DAD seem to be the big shots. Six Samurai is dirt cheap at less then $100, DDT varies going around $200-400, DAD has 3 $250 cards in the deck + extras.

Yugioh 4 months ago - New ban list, decks are modified to agree with the new settings, every meta player spending about $50-100 for changes.

Yugioh Now - JD is top king, with DAD struggling to keep up from the looks of it, people are spending a good $600 for a JD set, and the late additions to the ban list are also making people pay up to settle with the changes.

Point being, Yugioh is broken game, whoring money. They will never bother to fix it, you can't win unless you play by Konami's settings, their new set.

TLDR - Yugioh sucks, Flame dragon's sig is to big, it's whoring your money.

P.S. SSBB is broken as well.

Which ever, you understand my point right?

I ended up quitting the game months ago, because of the same crap. Changing a deck up every 3 months to something completely different gets old, and when you have to modify it every two weeks "to get the upper hand" the game looses it's point..

Which ever' date=' you understand my point right?

I ended up quitting the game months ago, because of the same crap. Changing a deck up every 3 months to something completely different gets old, and when you have to modify it every two weeks "to get the upper hand" the game looses it's point..

[/quote']

Q4E I quit a week ago for same reasons + they killed my dd monarch deck and the value of my dd warrior!

Here' date=' let me explain

Yugioh 9 months ago - perfect circle, cost around $300

Yugioh 5 months ago - Dark pack comes out, people are testing around, but DDT, Six samurai, and DAD seem to be the big shots. Six Samurai is dirt cheap at less then $100, DDT varies going around $200-400, DAD has 3 $250 cards in the deck + extras.

Yugioh 4 months ago - New ban list, decks are modified to agree with the new settings, every meta player spending about $50-100 for changes.

Yugioh Now - JD is top king, with DAD struggling to keep up from the looks of it, people are spending a good $600 for a JD set, and the late additions to the ban list are also making people pay up to settle with the changes.

Point being, Yugioh is broken game, whoring money. They will never bother to fix it, you can't win unless you play by Konami's settings, their new set.

[/quote']

That's the truth right there, just change the dates.

And The SSBB thing is true as well; Wolf + Whorioware = lolrematch?

Yugioh has become so money-oriented; I was pissed when people were running PC at my locals back when PC was the best of the best; they won and refused the prizes. Now it's DAD and JD refusing their winnings. I am starting to like this game a lot more, I'm just sticking around to see if it changes soon.

I wasn't being a hard-ass. I was just staying something 99% of the people were thinking. Also' date=' the amount you wrote was just to much, and so most people will just stop caring.

I know, but it can only be up to a sertain number of characters, so I can't use spoilers. I'll fix it, but mine is the small compared to some

If you don't like Brawl you can fix it via the USB Gecko, but if your talking about stages and items, yes items are, and so are some stages. Characters are better here than in Melee.

It's still in the early stages now, but pretty soon we will be setting the tripping probability to 0, the hitlag to X, the gravity to Y, etc. Brawl may have replayability after all.

We could feasibly set a group of codes as a competitive standard, and it could very easily be better. I hope people are open to the idea, even though we didn't need to in Melee. We can no longer deny Sakurai programmed Brawl as an exclusively party game, but we can now undo it bit by bit, memory value by memory value...

If you want to see more, pm me and I'll send you to where I got this.

Look. I dont really care why you quit but I see a point. Its true deckbuilding has become very expensive and the game isnt really for fun play anymore. Buying cards individually is less expensive than trying to pull them. Ive probably spent about $150 AUS on my Macro Monarch deck so far. Thats nothing compared to how much Ive spent since the time I started playing.

Archived