5ds good or bad?

Is Yugioh 5Ds gonna be good or bad  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Is Yugioh 5Ds gonna be good or bad

• Good.DUH!
    • Dont watch the show.
    • Its going to ruin the whole franchise.

Since I don't speak enough Japanese to watch them that soon I tend to depend on the lovely people of the Fansub Communities...so, in my world, there are only 12 episodes currently. :P

I did some searching and found roughly 50 or more references to the material I quoted here, but I can't find the actual interview anymore. It may have dropped off the site I originally found it on because of age. Most of the information I did find, however, was just restatements of what I posted....in like 5 different languages. At this point I believe the best course of action is to wait until one of the hardcore fans sees our little discussion and runs off to their stack of Yugi stuff to look it all up for us. :D

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just watch then use my favourite forum to fill the gaps either with their web summaries or their forum, tho I generally get the idea from just the eps.

I might ask if my friend can find it, but another forum we had a discussion and it was decided Tetsuo Ushio from YGO isn't Tetsuo Ushio from 5Ds, he's just too young.

They actually covered this somewhere in another discussion I found which put(this is off the top of my head trying to remember to excuse me if my numbers aren't perfect) him as a teenager in the original series and manga, a college age student in the small GX reference, and somewhere in his 40's to 50's in 5D. I don't know how they arrived at this specific number, but he is one of the older characters by just looking at him so it is a possibility.

Then you have to take into consideration if he is not the character from the pervious shows...they why not give him a different name as to not create this question in the 1st place? ;)

Guest King of Games

Ushio will most likely end up like rex and weevil, Good Tough players in the begining, a joke in the end. Ushio presence is just to make him a character that actually contributes to the plot, a secondary character at best. Other than his small cameos, he may actually make it out of season zero

I might ask if my friend can find it' date=' but another forum we had a discussion and it was decided Tetsuo Ushio from YGO isn't Tetsuo Ushio from 5Ds, he's just too young.

[/quote']

This seems really plausable. After all, he maybe Tetsuo Ushio Jr...

Neo Domino City seems really technologically advanced for a story that takes 10 or so years in the future.

Either that, or it's a parallel universe.

I like how 5D's establishes Riding Duels as entertainment for the affluent population.

I love stories set in the future with a big social divide, a caste system of sorts.

Requiring a speed counter or taking damage just to play a spell (or for no-speed ones) is absolutely STUPID. "I play Dian Keto the Cure Master! I lose 2000 life points in order to gain 1000!" :?

Can anyone else see it this way?

I don't care if people like watching motor bike races AND watching card games. Who in the hell decided these two things should be put together?

There ARE people out there who are entirely disinterested in speed machines. Are these people EXILED from domino city for disliking motor bikes?

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

The existence of normal duels does not nullify the existence of riding duels. The latter is (are?) still pure EsSeNcE oF fAiL.

^^

HOW CAN YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THE SHEER STUPIDITY OF IT?!

IT'S CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLES. IF THAT'S NOT STUPID, SONIC 2006 WAS A GOOD GAME.

GOOD DAY.

^^

HOW CAN YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THE SHEER STUPIDITY OF IT?!

IT'S CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLES. IF THAT'S NOT STUPID' date=' SONIC 2006 WAS A GOOD GAME.

GOOD DAY.

[/quote']

I know it's dumb...but give it a chance for crying out loud.

Requiring a speed counter or taking damage just to play a spell (or for no-speed ones) is absolutely STUPID. "I play Dian Keto the Cure Master! I lose 2000 life points in order to gain 1000!" :?

Can anyone else see it this way?

Then why use those cards then? Dian Keto isn't that great anyways.

I don't care if people like watching motor bike races AND watching card games. Who in the hell decided these two things should be put together? The Producer.

There ARE people out there who are entirely disinterested in speed machines. Are these people EXILED from domino city for disliking motor bikes? Of course not. >_>

-__- The speed counter thing is only for the riding duels' date=' ya know.

There are also regular duels that use the traditional rules. And I doubt Speed Counters are ever going to be transitioned into real life play, so don't worry. [/quote']

I wish. >_>

5ds is lame. God' date=' it annoys me how they came up with such crap. Motorcycles + card games. Pssh. I could see if it was like hover boards, but motorcycles? LAME

[/quote']

I mite make a fan-fic of duelling on Hoverboards

Maybe not.

If they're never gonna make it to real life who cares about the speed counters, infact no card in Crossroads Of Chaos or The Duelist Genesis even mentions Speed Counters, as long as Speed World is never released there is no real problem.

Why so negative on the riding duels, it gives YGO a new dimension, and gives them a chance to real work their animation.

Yeah, it gives YGO a new dimension, the same way smoking gives life a new dimension, or Sonic 2006 gives gaming a new dimension. In case there's some moron out there who can't tell, that's the FAIL dimension.

Yeah' date=' it gives YGO a new dimension, the same way smoking gives life a new dimension, or Sonic 2006 gives gaming a new dimension. In case there's some moron out there who can't tell, that's the FAIL dimension.

[/quote']

The exact same way this post gives this thread a new dimension.

I can't see what everyone has against 5Ds. I can see that they might have ran out of ideas. Heck, why MOTORBIKES? And besides, the series is slowing down on the Riding Duels.

*sighs* Shhhh......*cradles Supreme Gamemaster and lulls him to sleep* There there now...the riding duels won't hurt you....*coo*

Nyeah! The world's gone mad! *sigged!*

And besides' date=' the series is slowing down on the Riding Duels.

[/quote']

Maybe they realised that people watching the show was at an all-time low due to the sheer... a word has YET to be devised that can actually describe how stupid this idea is, but it is one. And a total, total one at that.

Seriously. I didn't mind it as much when it was during waking the dragons, and there was a bike gang - it was a fast way to get around, and people in bike gangs = bad. Easy for the kids to follow, if you ignore the part where the holograms can actually knock people off bikes, even though they're holograms..

But an actual proper DUEL on a motor bike... I'm not sold on the idea.

Synchros seem pointless too. A ritual-fusion combi, really.

We have enough monster types.

Duel Make Up: 13 Episodes.

Riding Duels: 6

Normal: 5

They only slowed down generally because Yusei didn't have his D-Wheel for a while (well he couldn't exactly ride it round a prison), and people of Satellite rarely have one either.....or maybe just Yusei has 1.

Duel Make Up: 13 Episodes.

Riding Duels: 6

Normal: 5

They only slowed down generally because Yusei didn't have his D-Wheel for a while (well he couldn't exactly ride it round a prison)' date=' and people of Satellite rarely have one either.....or maybe just Yusei has 1.

[/quote']

Actually Yusei is the only one in the Satellite who has a D-Wheel, as mentioned in the series & by Neo Domino people who disbelieve that Satellite people would own a D-Wheel.

Archived