5ds good or bad?

Is Yugioh 5Ds gonna be good or bad  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Is Yugioh 5Ds gonna be good or bad

• Good.DUH!
    • Dont watch the show.
    • Its going to ruin the whole franchise.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The concept of Dueling on a motorcycle is bull sheet, The story might be good, but the concept on the way they duel in 5d's is gay, It's a good thing they still have some duel disks in the series. I like GX way better though. XD

Don't insult me Shadow' date=' I rsepect you too much for you to talk about hoverboards. Lol

[/quote']

maybe it's possible.

Just imagine 2 duelists dueling with duel disks while flying around Neo Domino in hoverboards.

5d's is going to RUIN the game.

Unless you have speed counters you take damage to play a spell card? What the heck is that all about?

Do they KNOW what the ORIGINS of Duel Monsters were? When it was called "Monsters and Magic" in the original manga, and the only types of cards you had were MONSTER and SPELL (Magic back then)?

Removing Spells from the game like this actually takes a big steaming one right on top of the game's origins.

I started off with the whole its just another advert for the cards idea, then randomly decided to watch it after 7 aired, its a grower, the repeated duels between Ushio and Yusei are boring so hopefully they've gotten that out of the system. I rather like Yusei's attitude, but dislike the shocking number of duels he's had. (GX anyone?)

Unlike GX they didn't wait until 27 to kick up a plot, though it has been predictable, like all the duels have been so far, nice to add Yusei losing to Jack in a flashback, gives something back to YGO that GX took away. Certain parts of the whole underdog coming from nowhere to being somewhere is like whole thing with Yugi and Seto.

alot of thing were missing from GX, like where did the Sacred beast come from?

Where was yugi when the bad guys were trying to control the world, but he was in duel Academi in the graduation night.

kaiba's name was stell in the paper when the rest of the world were takin by the darkness, but he never showed up

and what happend in the ten year between ? ok, yugi was missing , what about the rest?

Rex and underwood were two of the best players " in the past" but thay didn't enter the GX tounment.

as for 5D's , the police officer was in yugi's school, and he didn't look that old in the show, so the time diffrence between GX and 5D's is not very big, ther is a chance that yugi or yuki appier againe...

Typicial YGO's there were just there. Ushio is not to be mistaken for the guy Yami sent insane in YGO episode 1. My big GX question was, where was Kaiba when Mr.T just took out everyone in Domino.

For Domino to change as much at it has, it would have been a hell of a long time. (But KC is still going so hmm...)

Rua and Ruka really make me laugh. So that's a good positive.

Actually' date=' it's the same Ushio from the original. As for Kaiba, didn't Nightshroud even say that [i']everyone[/i] on earth except for Jaden, Pharoah, Banner, and himself was in the Realm of Darkness?

okay that just makes no sense at all darkness or mr.T could never defeat Kaiba or Yugi since jaden wasn't able to defeat them and then Jaden defeated darkness

That makes no sense at all !!!!!

I think people are missing the essential question here. They're always so quick to point out 'fail' but has this show really been 'succeed'? Alot of people jump on the quick bandwagon to point out how absolutely amazing the 1st series was but if you comparied it to actual good anime it wouldn't hold a candle in a typhoon. People are honestly praising a show that was designed purely to sell a card game but then decided to ignore most of the rules of said card game. The pacing of which shows are about half as bad was watching something from the Dragonball Universe.

After that comes all the people quick to point out how horrible the shows are because of 4kids. Honestly, if you're basing your opinion of an anime on how well it's translated into yoru own language...you get what you deserve. Most anime suffer horribly at the hands of dubbing(there are rare exceptions). Take a look at .Hack//Sign for a prime example of this. That show is completely unwatchable in English.

I know alot of people don't like GX and won't like 5ds because they've already decided to not like it but the truth of the matter is that the original series was an unimaginative catch-em anime(actual term) that taught kids how to inproperly use the product they were trying to sell to them in the 1st place. At least the actual mechanics of the series has improved with each incarnation and at least 5ds is trying something unique in an attempt to get out of the generic rut that most shows like it find themselves in after only a few seasons(Pokemon anyone?). So far I've seen the 1st handfull of episodes and it's a decent show for what it is but it's still nothing to write home about when you consider the metric ton of anime out there that's simply superior in every imaginable fashion. But hey...at least they're trying.

There, I've said my piece. Now get otu there and wath something with subtitles. You'll survive...I promise. ;)

Guest King of Games

What is wrong with RIding Duels? Think about it. There's nothing exciting about standing still being hit with holograms and then just falling out of shame when you lose.

Riding duels adds Adrenaline to the game, Speed gives you that rush.

Plus you have a greater desire to win(or fear of losing w/e) cuz when a player's life points hit 0, they crash. If thats not incentive, i dont know what is

Guest King of Games

Just curious' date=' King of Games...have you seen a single episode of 5d?

[/quote']

Upto about 9-10. You're gonna tell me i dont know what im taking about, arent you?

Archived