5ds good or bad?

Is Yugioh 5Ds gonna be good or bad  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Is Yugioh 5Ds gonna be good or bad

• Good.DUH!
    • Dont watch the show.
    • Its going to ruin the whole franchise.

Nope, I was going to say that it's been a while since I saw the 1st few but I didn't remember the bikes crashing. I thought they just kinda powered down and you were left there to sulk and hate yourself for being a loser. It's just as easily possible that my memory is not working at the momment though. I was just checking. ;)

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope' date=' I was going to say that it's been a while since I saw the 1st few [b']but I didn't remember the bikes crashing.[/b] I thought they just kinda powered down and you were left there to sulk and hate yourself for being a loser. It's just as easily possible that my memory is not working at the momment though. I was just checking. ;)

Watch episode 11.

guys you have to give 4 kids credit. i mean they're not so bad now. they have been improving, just compare the original yugioh episodes to the latest yugioh gx episodes, big leap. plus for all u non believers 5ds stands for 5 dragons.i have watched some of the episodes subbed and i really like it.it will have no old characters (its 100 years after gx, soooo.), it has new rules, and a new way to duel. lets just say its a fresh start.

What people fail to remember with YGO sometimes is they go with their own set of rules, GX anime showed cards before the OCG/TCG picked them up (99% of the time, with the exception of a few such as REDMD,King Fog and selected others), they always get watered simple as that. Manga runs on different rules sometimes. There's alot of changes going on with cards when they move: E.G Light End and Dark End Dragons became Synchros, (messing up the GX manga), CyDark changed affect in the anime (89) from all cards to just monster (95), E-Hero The Heat came out too early to get its secondary effect.

Yusei and JACK both crashed in 5 (only because the Crimson Dragon made 'em), Yusei has damaged his D-Wheel quite a few times 1, 5, 12. Most of the times if you lose you just lose power in your bike and the engine smokes. And we had Saiga and his partner crash in 11 flashback. (I think it was 11 or was it 12, maybe both)

I can just see what Rex is aiming to do now. (That's what you get when you see 5 so many times). Yusei's repeated summoning of Junk Warrior with Junk Synchron and Speed Warrior is getting me down....

I'm not gonna give 4Kids credit HOW THE HELL IS THE ARCTIC ANYWHERE NEAR THE SOUTH.....NA is set in the Arctic (Source: NAS when they still had the bios up)....so why give Jesse a Southern Accent.

I think people are missing the essential question here. They're always so quick to point out 'fail' but has this show really been 'succeed'? Alot of people jump on the quick bandwagon to point out how absolutely amazing the 1st series was but if you comparied it to actual good anime it wouldn't hold a candle in a typhoon. People are honestly praising a show that was designed purely to sell a card game but then decided to ignore most of the rules of said card game. The pacing of which shows are about half as bad was watching something from the Dragonball Universe.

After that comes all the people quick to point out how horrible the shows are because of 4kids. Honestly' date=' if you're basing your opinion of an anime on how well it's translated into yoru own language...you get what you deserve. Most anime suffer horribly at the hands of dubbing(there are rare exceptions). Take a look at .Hack//Sign for a prime example of this. That show is completely unwatchable in English.

I know alot of people don't like GX and won't like 5ds because they've already decided to not like it but the truth of the matter is that the original series was an unimaginative catch-em anime(actual term) that taught kids how to inproperly use the product they were trying to sell to them in the 1st place. At least the actual mechanics of the series has improved with each incarnation and at least 5ds is trying something unique in an attempt to get out of the generic rut that most shows like it find themselves in after only a few seasons(Pokemon anyone?). So far I've seen the 1st handfull of episodes and it's a decent show for what it is but it's still nothing to write home about when you consider the metric ton of anime out there that's simply superior in every imaginable fashion. But hey...at least they're trying.

There, I've said my piece. Now get otu there and wath something with subtitles. You'll survive...I promise. ;)

[/quote']

SERIOUSLY. I agree.

"GX is fail because of 4kids"? Then do what Enigma said and WATCH SUBS.

I also agree with just about everything else that was quoted here.

What people fail to remember with YGO sometimes is they go with their own set of rules' date=' GX anime showed cards before the OCG/TCG picked them up (99% of the time, with the exception of a few such as REDMD,King Fog and selected others), they always get watered simple as that. Manga runs on different rules sometimes. There's alot of changes going on with cards when they move: E.G Light End and Dark End Dragons became Synchros, (messing up the GX manga), CyDark changed affect in the anime (89) from all cards to just monster (95), E-Hero The Heat came out too early to get its secondary effect.

Yusei and JACK both crashed in 5 (only because the Crimson Dragon made 'em), Yusei has damaged his D-Wheel quite a few times 1, 5, 12. Most of the times if you lose you just lose power in your bike and the engine smokes. And we had Saiga and his partner crash in 11 flashback. (I think it was 11 or was it 12, maybe both)

I can just see what Rex is aiming to do now. (That's what you get when you see 5 so many times). Yusei's repeated summoning of Junk Warrior with Junk Synchron and Speed Warrior is getting me down....

I'm not gonna give 4Kids credit HOW THE HELL IS THE ARCTIC ANYWHERE NEAR THE SOUTH.....NA is set in the Arctic (Source: NAS when they still had the bios up)....so why give Jesse a Southern Accent.

[/quote']

Yeah. The anime typically uses it's own rules for a lot of things. In the anime, most characters only run 1 copy of most cards in their deck, simply because cards are a bit harder to get in the anime. There has been no real evidence that there are even sets in the anime, since card packs always seem to contain completely random cards. My point is that some of the rules are different and some of the effects change because of that simple reason that cards are rarer in the anime than in real life, so effects and rules change in transition.

Yusei spamming Junk Warrior is similar to Judai spamming Featherman and Flame Wingman for most of season 1. It'll probably change eventually.

And yeah, I gotta agree - how the hell did Johan wind up with a Southern Accent in the dub?! Up until that episode, I usually watched a few dub episodes every now and then, just to see where they were at in comparison to the Japanese version (o.o I would NEVER make a habit of watching that crap). But once I saw what they had done to Johan's voice, I just said "screw it" and never looked at the dub again.

4Kids deserves nothing but a lawsuit and to be shut down.

I worry what they're gonna do with 5Ds since they made a basic error like that in GX. Changing JACK would be annoying, maybe his last name, but not his first.

But I <3 E-Hero Flame Wingman tho lol.

Well concluded on the cards.

xD Flame Wingman is arguably my favorite E-Hero. He just looks cool. I also Like Burst Lady though, since a lone female in a group of men is always cool...Especially when they fear her (First episode where Rei was introduced...forgot the number ^^;)

-_- It's obvious there's going to be name changes. Irritating, as I find Yusei to be a pretty cool name. But you can bet it'll see a change. If they leave his first name, they'll change his last name, or vice versa.

Yea like how Judai kept Yuki but not Judai. Everybody else got completely changed in that series.

Yusei is a cool name, I hope they don't dampen his attitude (which is his biggest draw) or modify it like that did with Ryo in GX (I saw 8 and cried when he insulted both Jaden and Syrus rather than just Syrus) or Seto in DM. (My friend has told me repeatedly how much he's been changed)

Can't wait to see more of Rua's deck, it just reminds me of the Roids =D

Well it'd be nice to see Black Rose Dragon next episode and hopefully the tournie will get more screen time than GX's. (There final seemed like an after thought plus it was 2 people who shouldn't have even been in the tournie) It'd be nice to see a true result when JACK and Yusei face off again since the Crimson Dragon stopped it last time.

I hope nothing happens after 5Ds, but like Pokemon the anime will go on forever, (Pokemon is nearing 551 episodes in Japan, YGO is at 444 episodes (Excluding the 4Kids Capsule Monsters spin off and as of Wed when 5Ds 13 aired) as long as they have merch they have a series saddly.

I'm starting to like JACK now, I blame my demo amv for him coz it took forever.

guys you have to give 4 kids credit. i mean they're not so bad now. they have been improving' date=' just compare the original yugioh episodes to the latest yugioh gx episodes, big leap. plus for all u non believers 5ds stands for 5 dragons.i have watched some of the episodes subbed and i really like it.[b']it will have no old characters (its 100 years after gx, soooo.), it has new rules, and a new way to duel. lets just say its a fresh start.[/b]

Ushio (牛尾) is a hall monitor at Domino High School who offers a paid bully protection service to Yugi after he was bullied by Jonouchi and Honda - Jonouchi had thrown one piece of the Millennium Puzzle out the window so that Yugi could not solve it. Yugi says that he is not being bullied. Later, Ushio reveals a beaten Jonouchi and Honda, upsetting Yugi. After Yugi refuses his service, Ushio beats him up and asks him to pay the bully protection fee of 200,000 yen (about $1600 United States dollars). Jonouchi fishes out the piece from where he threw it and gives it to Yugi. Dark Yugi appears and challenges Ushio to a shadow game. In the manga, Dark Yugi also brings twice the amount of money that Ushio asked for.

The game involves 400,000 yen (about $3200 U.S.) and a knife in the manga. The bills are all 10,000 yen notes with the image of Fukuzawa Yukichi.

In the anime, the game involves scaling the building and trying to draw the playing card with the higher number. Ushio loses after he tries to cheat, and Yugi places a penalty game on him. In the manga, Ushio goes crazy and thinks that a pile of leaves and trash is money. In the anime, Ushio imagines there are monsters coming out of a body of water about to eat him, and he is seen trembling and crying in front of the school, which results in him being taken to the hospital. He is mentioned but not named in flashbacks in the English second series (Duel Monsters) anime.

In the Japanese version of Yu-Gi-Oh! GX anime he is listed in Austin O'Brien's (Axel Brodie) database of Domino High School students as Tetsu Ushio.[1]

A character named Tetsu Ushio (牛尾哲, Ushio Tetsu?) is a police officer in the third Yu-Gi-Oh series Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's. He is the same Ushio from the first series and the manga. So far, he has appeared in episodes 1-3.

You were saying? :lol:

GX is estimated 5-10 years after DM. (DM is 1 year) . Plus no one knows how long 5Ds is after GX, or DM for that matter, name may just be a coincidence, I mean if Neo Domino and Satellite are the new Domino, its gonna have had to be a long time. Since Neo Domino seems well developed and the riding duels estabilished.

Where is the quote from?

It's from the Wikipedia, but the reason I knew to look for it was that I read it in a translation of a Japanese article about a month before the show started(couldn't find the interview though :( ). The usual interview where they were all secretive about characters from the other series, but decided to throw the readers a bone by talking about Ushio since he was pretty much a nobody in the other series for the most part. ;)

Wiki is the most unreliable source known to man. I wouldn't trust it as far as I can throw it. If you ever use Wiki you must make sure they have a source to back up what they say, its like someone put GX episode summaries and titles up talking about Armed Dragon Lv 12, which all know is wrong. If you can find the interview tho, now that would be believable

Yes, you're somewhat correct(depends on what you're looking up on Wiki). The only reason I used it in this example was because I had read it elsewhere and just wanted a nice summary to quote(because I was too lazy to type all of that out, basically).

I'll see if I can turn up the original article. I know it was dealing mainly with the new Toy R us 5D machines(had alot of pics), but they also briefly discussed the new show that was(at the time) coming up shortly.

If anything, it's an easy enough statement to verify since all of the material referenced is already out and avaliable. Just have to find someone who is hardcore enough into this to have the manga to be able to reference the 1st bit. ;)

Archived