sigh what have i gotten myself into now

Bakura Vessal

Personally' date=' I think religion just complicates things. I just do what I think is right. But if you have to be part of a religion, the only one that sounds cool is Buddhism.

[/quote']

But when you understand the very concept of Bubbhism,it is not enjoyable.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally' date=' I think religion just complicates things. I just do what I think is right. But if you have to be part of a religion, the only one that sounds cool is Buddhism.

[/quote']

why it is fairly good?

@torchman: I understand that that is your opinion, but being christian myself I would just like to point out that it is impossible to label all Christians the same way, because there are so many separate branches of it. Also, my church is nothing like the one haruhi described, and we are very tolerant of other religions.

Also, Jainism does not believe in a god, like Buddhism.

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

[/quote']

And agnosticism, and atheism, and Unitarian Universalism, and Omniveracaelism (religion of free will, dude...)

Then answer me this question to see if thaat "church" is really what it is...

Do they say that Jesus is God or not?

i only went there once i ask lots of questions any way.

i might stay i bit longer so i can argue.

I was once told by a friend that cults would teach you that Jesus is not God,when it is supposed to be 'true'.If they didn't tell you that,I would guess it was a cult that you joined.

Then answer me this question to see if thaat "church" is really what it is...

Do they say that Jesus is God or not?

i only went there once i ask lots of questions any way.

i might stay i bit longer so i can argue.

I was once told by a friend that cults would teach you that Jesus is not God' date='when it is supposed to be 'true'.If they didn't tell you that,I would guess it was a cult that you joined.

[/quote']

no it says jesus is god i think most of the time we like pray there

@torchman: I understand that that is your opinion' date=' but being christian myself I would just like to point out that it is impossible to label all Christians the same way, because there are so many separate branches of it. Also, my church is nothing like the one haruhi described, and we are very tolerant of other religions.

[/quote']

I didn't mean to label all Christians like that. Most are very good people, but sometimes it's the people in charge who do the bad things that altered history.

@torchman: I understand that that is your opinion' date=' but being christian myself I would just like to point out that it is impossible to label all Christians the same way, because there are so many separate branches of it. Also, my church is nothing like the one haruhi described, and we are very tolerant of other religions.

[/quote']

I didn't mean to label all Christians like that. Most are very good people, but sometimes it's the people in charge who do the bad things that altered history.

agreed oh sorry about before when i was n00by and called you a fat jawa loving kid

[/quote']

why it is fairly good?

I guess you need a lesson in the history of Buddhism.

Buddhism originated in India & its founder is a prince called Siddhartha Gautama .It was said that Gautama has 2 fates,1 as a powerful king & the other as a spiritual leader.In order for Gautama to be king,his father made sure that his son receive comforts only. However,Gautama got curious & left the palance one day.There,he saw pain & suffering everywhere he goes.That experience set him out to wander the world,searching for the method to nullify pain & suffering.Eventually,he met some people who inflicts pain & suffering onto themselves.Gautama joined them,but realised that it was only self-haterd.He then isolated himself from the world,mediating under a bodhi tree.Eventually,he was "enlightened".

Anyway,the enlightenment is that by pulling yourself out of the Wheel of Life (Birth,Growth,Illness,Death),you can schieve into a state in which you shall feel nothing at all.In other words,there will be no pain,no suffering,no death & no joy.

[/quote']

why it is fairly good?

I guess you need a lesson in the history of Buddhism.

Buddhism originated in India & its founder is a prince called Siddhartha Gautama .It was said that Gautama has 2 fates,1 as a powerful king & the other as a spiritual leader.In order for Gautama to be king,his father made sure that his son receive comforts only. However,Gautama got curious & left the palance one day.There,he saw pain & suffering everywhere he goes.That experience set him out to wander the world,searching for the method to nullify pain & suffering.Eventually,he met some people who inflicts pain & suffering onto themselves.Gautama joined them,but realised that it was only self-haterd.He then isolated himself from the world,mediating under a bodhi tree.Eventually,he was "enlightened".

Anyway,the enlightenment is that by pulling yourself out of the Wheel of Life (Birth,Growth,Illness,Death),you can schieve into a state in which you shall feel nothing at all.In other words,there will be no pain,no suffering,no death & no joy.

like nagato

I'm sorry but this is ridiculous, I'm a Christian but I don't think that if you believe in Buddhism, Catholic, Atheist, or any other, you would go to Hell. I mean people can believe in what they want to. So if the people are saying that other people are going to Hell because they don't believe in the same thing they will be the ones going to Hell. I am kind of offended that people would say that about other people. They have the right to believe in what they want.

I'm sorry but this is ridiculous' date=' I'm a Christian but I don't think that if you believe in Buddhism, Catholic, Atheist, or any other, you would go to Hell. I mean people can believe in what they want to. So if the people are saying that other people are going to Hell because they don't believe in the same thing they will be the ones going to Hell. I am kind of offended that people would say that about other people. They have the right to believe in what they want.

[/quote']

yes thank you you understand

i did do that i argued with them but they are like 25 so....yeh i am only like 15

So? Older people aren't necessarily smarter people. Tell them "Show me in the bible where it says people of other religions can't get into heaven." If they say no, you say "Then you're basically admitting that I'm right and you're wrong."

i highly doubt that theres any place in the bible that says people from other religions cant get into heaven

they'd prolly say something like it doesnt have 2 be in the bible 2 be true or something stupid like that

If the Bible tell you that by jumping off a cliff,you will go to heaven,would you do it or not?

i highly doubt that theres any place in the bible that says people from other religions cant get into heaven

they'd prolly say something like it doesnt have 2 be in the bible 2 be true or something stupid like that

Simple. Respond with "If it's not in the bible, then where does it come from?"

Archived