Ambiva Posted June 14 Report Share Posted June 14 (edited) Hey Everyone! I’m excited to share my new archetype: "Abysync" (Pronounced like Abyss + Sync). For this one, you get to step into a world at war where Fiend meets Machine to combat an emerging biological threat. The passion for progress can lead you to dark places, an abyss. When you stare into the abyss, the abyss does stare back, or maybe it was that lukewarm imp. This deck is built upon equipping monsters for additional effects while synchro summoning from your field and Spell/Trap zone. When your Synchro plays fall through, or you want to break your opponent's board, feel free to summon into your "Abysync" XYZ monsters; they should allow you to hack and slash to your heart's content. I did my best to ensure that mechanical subtext is woven directly into their effects. I hope you enjoy checking these out as much as I did creating them. Feel free to leave your thoughts down below, and I’ll try to get back to you when my schedule is free! 愛を込めて Edited June 16 by Ambiva 6 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
SharkZxD Posted September 14 Report Share Posted September 14 This arechetype looks really cool and the mechanic seems designed very well! I like the design very much! Gives mecha fiendsmith and air striker vibes with a touch of branded/dogmatika! Did you use an AI image Generator for the artworks? If so, which? I really like the consistency and to Yugioh fitting artstyle! Only a few look a bit different in terms of details and realism, the trap for example looks a bit different in artstyle than the rest. I like how the Deck theme has 2 major goals. Getting bodies on the board for Synchro Summoning and equipping monsters with monsters. As far as the "goal" of the Deck I might be confused just a little bit. The Boss monsters you want to summon, as you either want to build your board first or second turn, have very different or let's say just varying effects/goals. Maybe this also is intended to be prepared against many different scenarios.. On one hand you have a Boss monster that can negate enemy monster effects, then your 2nd Boss monster (Xyz) can attack multiple times and your 3rd Boss Monster (the main i suppose) Lillith is unaffected by enemy spells/traps and can special summon 1 lvl 4 monster once per turn, as well as adding a spell/trap once per turn. Your engine monsters give different effects to monsters they equip, either giving ATK/DEF and piercing damage ability. So the goal of your Main Boss Monster Lillith kind of seems to be just to be able to summon another (lower tier) Boss monster but apart from being spell/trap immune and being a beat stick, it doesn't really offer much more... If the (lower tier) Boss monsters would be the End Goal monsters, then this would be fine and Lillith would be part of the engine still. But as of now it seems kind of counter-intuitive to summon my boss monster, only to summon another (weaker) Boss monster. But maybe that's just for backup and the main use of Lillith is to get to the Calamity Spell once per turn.. In that case it's fine I believe and also quite strong, tho also quite specific against spells/traps. Tho I'd say the strongest Boss monster right now would be Colussus with its quickeffect negate... if that card would be treated more like the end goal, maybe changing stats and levels of the two, the board would seem a bit more cohesive I think. But that's just my thoughts on it.. Overall I really like the design and idea behind it! Would love to see this archetype getting fleshed out further! :) 3 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
SharkZxD Posted September 14 Report Share Posted September 14 Also I believe you wouldn't use space signs between the attributes of a card to make it look right. So "Machine/Tuner/Effect" instead of "Machine / Tuner Effect" 2 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Andres Niño Murcia Posted September 17 Report Share Posted September 17 (edited) Your archetype turned out great! I love the artwork ♥♥, and the archetype's smaller monsters really support your boss monsters well. The only card that feels like it has a few minor drawbacks is "Lilith," because she lacks the power to effectively support the archetype, and you could easily brick your hand if you're relying on a specific Tuner; in that case, it would be worth including a generic Tuner like "Plaguespreader Zombie" or an improved "Abysync" version of that card (and that Zombie is already great on its own!). You could also add a hand trap monster for your archetype, and it would be unstoppable! The artwork... 20 out of 10! Incredible! I love it ♥♥♥. What do you think of my idea to support your archetype with more Tuners? Edited September 18 by Andres Niño Murcia 3 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Nyx Avatar Posted September 17 Report Share Posted September 17 19 hours ago, Andres Niño Murcia said: Tu arquetipo quedó genial! me encantan las ilustraciones ♥♥ y los monstruos pequeños del arquetipo respaldan bien a tus monstruos jefe. La única carta que siento que tiene unos ligeros inconvenientes es "Lilith" porque tiene poco poder para apoyar a su arquetipo, y podrías brickear fácilmente si dependes de un tuner en específico; en cuyo caso, vale que pongas un tuner genérico como el "Zombi Esparceplaga" o una versión mejorada "Abysync" de dicha carta (¡Y eso que ese Zombi es muy bueno solito!). También podrías agregar un monstruo handtrap para tu arquetipo y queda imparable! Las ilustraciones... 20 de 10! increibles! me encantan ♥♥♥. ¿Qué opinas de mi idea de respaldar tu arquetipo con mas tuners? Traduce en Ingles. Nadie mas aqui esta hablando en Español 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ambiva Posted September 19 Author Report Share Posted September 19 On 9/14/2026 at 8:37 AM, SharkZxD said: This arechetype looks really cool and the mechanic seems designed very well! I like the design very much! Gives mecha fiendsmith and air striker vibes with a touch of branded/dogmatika! Did you use an AI image Generator for the artworks? If so, which? I really like the consistency and to Yugioh fitting artstyle! Only a few look a bit different in terms of details and realism, the trap for example looks a bit different in artstyle than the rest. I like how the Deck theme has 2 major goals. Getting bodies on the board for Synchro Summoning and equipping monsters with monsters. As far as the "goal" of the Deck I might be confused just a little bit. The Boss monsters you want to summon, as you either want to build your board first or second turn, have very different or let's say just varying effects/goals. Maybe this also is intended to be prepared against many different scenarios.. On one hand you have a Boss monster that can negate enemy monster effects, then your 2nd Boss monster (Xyz) can attack multiple times and your 3rd Boss Monster (the main i suppose) Lillith is unaffected by enemy spells/traps and can special summon 1 lvl 4 monster once per turn, as well as adding a spell/trap once per turn. Your engine monsters give different effects to monsters they equip, either giving ATK/DEF and piercing damage ability. So the goal of your Main Boss Monster Lillith kind of seems to be just to be able to summon another (lower tier) Boss monster but apart from being spell/trap immune and being a beat stick, it doesn't really offer much more... If the (lower tier) Boss monsters would be the End Goal monsters, then this would be fine and Lillith would be part of the engine still. But as of now it seems kind of counter-intuitive to summon my boss monster, only to summon another (weaker) Boss monster. But maybe that's just for backup and the main use of Lillith is to get to the Calamity Spell once per turn.. In that case it's fine I believe and also quite strong, tho also quite specific against spells/traps. Tho I'd say the strongest Boss monster right now would be Colussus with its quickeffect negate... if that card would be treated more like the end goal, maybe changing stats and levels of the two, the board would seem a bit more cohesive I think. But that's just my thoughts on it.. Overall I really like the design and idea behind it! Would love to see this archetype getting fleshed out further! :) Hey! I’m glad you like the cards and appreciate your insightful feedback! Yes, this deck definitely has branching paths depending on whether you're going first or second, but it might not be immediately obvious just how pivotal Lillith is to these end boards. For example, when going first, you can spend your Normal Summon on Abysync Prodigy to search 1 "Abysync" monster from your Deck, usually IMP-Pulse (or Phalanx for destruction protection if you already have IMP-Pulse in hand). Prodigy’s effect continues and Special Summons a Level 4 or lower monster from your hand, getting IMP-Pulse onto the field. Using those two monsters [4 + 3], you can Synchro Summon Colossus, which is indeed a major component of your end board. On Synchro Summon, Colossus equips two different "Abysync" monsters from your GY to itself, enabling its second effect's cost while giving it protection and stat buffs. Here is where things get really interesting: Since IMP-Pulse is equipped to a DARK Synchro, it can tribute Colossus to Synchro Summon Lillith. Because IMP-Pulse succeeded in this summon, it equips itself to the new Synchro monster. Now, Lillith uses her recursive effect, shuffling a monster from the GY (like Prodigy) back into the Deck to search an "Abysync" Spell/Trap. Going first, you almost always want Awakening. You activate Awakening to Special Summon Colossus back to the field and equip it with the Prodigy you just reshuffled. Now you can set your remaining Spells/Traps and hold any hand traps for your opponent's turn. At this point, you have Lillith, Colossus, and 1–2 Spell/Trap interactions off a 1-card Prodigy combo. But because it's now your opponent's turn, IMP-Pulse's Synchro effect has reset (since it's a Quick Effect!), allowing you to pivot into a second Colossus during their turn! Furthermore, since Calamity Crash and Calamity Barrage activate by sending an equipped monster you control to the GY, and IMP-Pulse can re-equip itself once per turn when sent to the GY, you essentially get one free in-archetype interaction per turn before Synchroing into that second Colossus. When going second, after summoning Lillith and recurring Colossus with Awakening, you equip Colossus with Booster Leo. Booster Leo can send itself to the GY while equipped to draw 1 card, setting up its once-per-duel effect to target Colossus, summon itself as a Level 7, and overlay into Malevolent. There are a few different lines that let you attach and attack multiple times with Malevolent on Turn 2, so feel free to experiment and have fun! Thanks again for the support and for sharing your full thoughts! I'd love to revisit these cards again someday, but life’s been a bit busy lately. I still hope to keep making thought-provoking archetypes in the future! :3 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ambiva Posted September 19 Author Report Share Posted September 19 On 9/16/2026 at 9:50 PM, Andres Niño Murcia said: Your archetype turned out great! I love the artwork ♥♥, and the archetype's smaller monsters really support your boss monsters well. The only card that feels like it has a few minor drawbacks is "Lilith," because she lacks the power to effectively support the archetype, and you could easily brick your hand if you're relying on a specific Tuner; in that case, it would be worth including a generic Tuner like "Plaguespreader Zombie" or an improved "Abysync" version of that card (and that Zombie is already great on its own!). You could also add a hand trap monster for your archetype, and it would be unstoppable! The artwork... 20 out of 10! Incredible! I love it ♥♥♥. What do you think of my idea to support your archetype with more Tuners? Aww, thanks for all the kind words! I really appreciate the time you took to comment! I can definitely see what you mean about boss monster drawbacks and bricking. Honestly, yeah, having one main Tuner you need to search for (or get into the GY to recur using something like Abysync Awakening) can definitely be a challenge. Actually, it reminds me of old Branded with Aluber the Jester of Despia getting Ashed lol. So I totally understand where you're coming from with the idea of a second Tuner. I'll give it some real consideration and might add one when I work on another mini-wave of support for Abysync. As for an in-archetype hand trap, as you mentioned, I feel like that might actually push the deck into "unstoppable" territory, or make it pretty unfun to duel against, at least in my eyes. The archetype already has consistent ways to search its monsters, summon them from the GY, or shuffle them back into the Deck. With all that in mind, a dedicated hand trap might be a step too far. We already have a tribute interaction with Wandering Dirge, which is searchable, letting Prodigy fetch it on Turn 2 upon Normal Summon, while simultaneously summoning IMP-Pulse from your hand to get your plays started. Again, I'm super flattered by your reply, and I definitely acknowledge your idea about implementing another Tuner! Hope you continue to follow and support my work in the future! <3 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.