TO ALL YOU FILLER HATERS OUT THERE!!!!!

Here's something you should know, if it weren't for fillers, like say to bleach, YOU'D BE WATCHING NOTHING FROM THAT ANIME FOR A LONG TIME.... SO BE GLAD YOU'RE WATCHING SOMETHING THEN NOTHING!!!!!!!!! *breaths heavily for a few seconds* I deeply apologize for this, I just saw a recent post from filler hater complaining about the fillers for an anime. I just had to vent somewhere....

I hate fillers, but you do have a good point, heck YGO: DM ended up with 3 fillers because the anime was too fast for the manga, not they were very good fillers anyway - Virtual World only added Manga/YGO known things, WTD/Doma added more confused and KCGP was just a 13 week gap. That's what happens when you release Anime and Manga at the same time. (DN had a 2-3 year gap from manga to anime)

• 3 weeks later...

Fillers are useless. A form of anime creator's writer's block.

The creator's don't write the story. The reason for fillers is because the author of the manga needs time to advance the manga's story, otherwise the anime will get ahead of the manga and the animators won't know where to go with it, often resulting in something akin to Inuyasha and FMA (Though I did like FMA, and Inuyasha wasn't BAD, but still).

So, to prevent this from happening, when the anime starts getting close to catching up with the manga, they drop the story and make a filler arc. During that time, the Manga author has time to add more actual story, so by the time the Fillers are done, more actual anime episodes can be made. Understand?

Fillers, while boring at times, and sometimes contradictory, are overall a good thing that keeps our Anime from passing the original author's work, and thereby keeps it on track.

Archived