Index of Card-Pulling Strategies - Last Updated: 2008.09.12

Here is a list of all the card-pulling methods that I know of. If you know a good, consistent strategy, please post it here.

If you have anything to contribute to to the blister ID list, please post it here.

• [spoiler=Bending]

• This one is pretty obvious, just bend the pack; packs containing holo cards should be stiffer. Be cautious of how much force is being applied, as you don't want to cause any damage.

[*][spoiler=Blister IDs]

• Blister packs are packings where the pack is contained in a cardboard-and-plastic wrapper. On official Konami/UDE single-pack blisters, there is a small number on the front lower right corner. This number is an indication of what your pack is likely to contain. Below is the current list of what each number is likely to yield.
    • Light of Destruction (LODT)
      • 01 :: Batteryman Industrial Strength // Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner // Nimble Musasabi
      • 03 :: Arcana Force XIV - Temperance // Froggy Forcefield // Light Barrier // Sigmorgh, Bird of Divinity
      • 04 :: Batteryman Industrial Strength // Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress
      • 05 :: Destiny End Dragoon // Nimble Musasabi // Phantom Dragon

[*]Phantom Darkness (PTDN)

• 02 :: Armageddon Knight
      • 22 :: Offering to the Snake Deity // Volcanic Counter
      • 24 :: Castle Gate

[*]Tactical Evolution (TAEV)

• 12 :: Crystal Seer // Rainbow Life
      • 21 :: Il Blud // Mormolith // Zombie Master
      • 23 :: Thousand-Eyes Jellyfish

[*]Gladiator's Assault (GLAS)

• 02 :: Gladiator Beast Gaiodiaz
      • 03 :: Colosseum - Cage of the Gladiator Beasts // Security Orb
      • 04 :: Gladiator Beast Torax // Gladiator's Respite
      • 05 :: Evil Hero Malicious Edge

[*]Shadow of Infinity (SOI)

• 03 :: Ruin, Queen of Oblivion

[*][spoiler=Foiling]

• This one is VERY difficult. Shuffle around the cards inside the pack until you have the middle middle card (your rare or holo) sticking up from the rest. Scrape the area where the card name should be with tinfoil, or other light foil. The name of the card in pack should show up if done correctly. If no card name shows up, you have yourself a Super Rare.

[*][spoiler=Freezing]

• Place some packs in a freezer for a while, preferably overnight. Packs containing holo cards will puff up, and will seem significantly thicker than regular backs after being frozen.

[*][spoiler=Glitch]

• Look for packs that have any significant printing errors on the front. Although this method is not guaranteed, it does improve your chances of pulling a holo card out of a specific pack.

[*][spoiler=Scaling]

• Using a scale (one that can measure in milligrams is preferable), weigh each of the packs in question. Any packs that contain holo cards will be somewhat heavier than packs that don't. However, you generally cannot identify Ultimate Rares; the embossed card image decreases its weight to about the same as a normal rare.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh. I don't like this. When people try to find holos, the little kids who go buy packs hoping for a Flame Wingman get disappointed that they always get the normal rare cards. Beside, most stores keep their packs locked up or in the front.

The blister pack number thing sounds interesting though, and it's not really against my morals to look at a number printed directly on the cardboard, and I can always leave the E-Heros and Dinos for kids guarenteed to like the card.

cool

the only thing i don't like is that if you had enough time to put the cards in a freezer overnight of bring a scale into the shop then u should just buy the pack.besides it's fun pulling stuff wen u don't know what'll get.

Thanks for the info thought and i agree,number 3 is HARD!

Open the pack fast' date=' look for holos in each pack. Grab 'em. Walk out like nothing happened. It would be funny if they started putting bar codes on the separate cards themselves. :lol:

[/quote']

Ive done that before, back in the day when Rise of Destiny had just been released, we (me and friends) went to a large store selling them, took some packets, walked round the store and casually opened them, and took any Holo's we found, i managed to get 'the Creator' and some ultimate rare, stealing? who cares lol

Open the pack fast' date=' look for holos in each pack. Grab 'em. Walk out like nothing happened. It would be funny if they started putting bar codes on the separate cards themselves. :lol:

[/quote']

Ive done that before, back in the day when Rise of Destiny had just been released, we (me and friends) went to a large store selling them, took some packets, walked round the store and casually opened them, and took any Holo's we found, i managed to get 'the Creator' and some ultimate rare, stealing? who cares lol

Bad Dj :lol:

I gotta try that :lol:

Archived