Picture Credits and Extensions

Bloodrun

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Um' date=' what if it is an edit or a recolor of art from an actual Yu-Gi-Oh card? I've been crediting Kazuki Takahashi, but do I really have to provide a link to a picture of the card somewhere?[/quote']

It isn't against the rules to use a recolor of an actual card for a card image, is it?

No, but you still have to credited where the image came from, becuase, it is, still an image, is it not?

what if you made a card like long long ago and you posted in the realistic forum

but you made a set and want that card in your set

but you made that card so long ago you lost the web site or forgot what and where you found it

is it alright to put a disclaimer along with that specific card or cards...???

same thing goes for pix

what if you had those pix in your hard drive for a long time (like mines)

and you forgot where you got those pix from

hows then???

what if you made a card like long long ago and you posted in the realistic forum

but you made that card so long ago you lost the web site or forgot what and where you found it

same thing goes for pix

hows then???

get another picture, or a better idea would be putting a disclaimer and state that if anyone finds out where the pictures are from then they should tell you so...

hope this helps =)

same thing goes for pix

hows then???

get another picture' date=' or a better idea would be putting a disclaimer and state that if anyone finds out where the pictures are from then they should tell you so...

hope this helps =)

[/quote']

yes........ i will do that with all my existing cards

thanks...........

• 4 weeks later...

The Ruling counts for all of the Custom Cards area (Except Written of course) I am trying my hardest to make sure that the Custom Cards area is kept to this new Rule, I also have Bloodrun to back me up (and Vice Versa) Together we aim to make CC a Pleasurable and fun place on YCM.

I don't know if this has been said yet, but I'm not going to read three pages:

You should change the rule, so that it FORCES you to write out the DIRECT link to the picture. Not stupid DA or Photobucket, because you can just make that up. I know some people who do that.

And remove the stupid "just say it's not yours" rule also. Makes so many people just put that in their sig, and pretend that's it.

If they have time to make cards, they have time to respect the artists who draw them.

I don't know if this has been said yet' date=' but I'm not going to read three pages:

You should change the rule, so that it FORCES you to write out the DIRECT link to the picture. Not stupid DA or Photobucket, because you can just make that up. I know some people who do that.

And remove the stupid "just say it's not yours" rule also. Makes so many people just put that in their sig, and pretend that's it.

If they have time to make cards, they have time to respect the artists who draw them.

[/quote']

The Rule is you must provide a link to your picture.

What happens if you use a picture for a card from deviantArt and its part of a card set' date=' but you then leave it for a few weeks, and you then can't remember the artist or what you searched for to find it?

Should you just that that you're sorry that you can't remember, but you know it's from dA?

[/quote']

Then you shouldn't post the card up, or jut post the card up as a Written Card until you find the artist.

What happens if you use a picture for a card from deviantArt and its part of a card set' date=' but you then leave it for a few weeks, and you then can't remember the artist or what you searched for to find it?

Should you just that that you're sorry that you can't remember, but you know it's from dA?

[/quote']

Then you shouldn't post the card up, or jut post the card up as a Written Card until you find the artist.

OK.

So, if I'm correct, if you made a card set, somewhere, possibly in a spoiler at the end of the set, list all of the artists that made the pictures?

Yes, you can do that. If you cannot FIND the artist, do not post it. If the artist deleted his or her account or pictures, for example, then you would state that the creator of the picture, originally named ____, deleted his or her picture or account.

Yes' date=' you can do that. If you cannot FIND the artist, do not post it. If the artist deleted his or her account or pictures, for example, then you would state that the creator of the picture, originally named ____, deleted his or her picture or account.

[/quote']

OK, as long as that works, I'm happy. =]

• 3 weeks later...

Archived