Picture Credits and Extensions

Bloodrun

Members of YCM. Myself and the rest of the CC Section moderators, have decided to bring back the rule, where you must credit the artist of the pictures that you use for your cards.

Now this rule applies for the following Forums:

Realistic

Pop Culture

Any Other Cards

Contests <-- Upon Contest holders request

Now, for the first couple weeks, the moderators will be lenient when it comes to enforcing this rule, as we understand it will take sometime getting use to. I suggest you read the rules in either Forum, if you have any questions about them. You may also contact one of the moderators at any point in time.

Just a touch up on what crediting means. When we ask you to credit the artist, we mean that you must put the name of the artist somewhere in your thread or on your card. If you use a source other then DeviantArt, where there might not be a name of the artist, then simply provide the link to the picture within your thread.

This rule is to ensure that any other Forums (like DeviantArt) or any other sites, will be able to co-exist with the Yugioh Card Maker Forum.

Note: Disclaimers such as:

"I do not own the artwork I use. I simply use it to better enhance my cards." etc..

In signatures, and or threads. Will be ignored. They are not needed anymore, and will not suffice for the crediting rules.

ANY THREAD YOU SEE WITHOUT PROPER CREDIT, REPORT IT!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, it's gonna take some getting used to by me, I never save the links to my pics. Thing is, everybody knows I get my pics from DA, everybody knows that I didn't make thepic unless I say so (I have made 1 pic so far, go me! lol).

But I'll be sure to follow this rule. Kind of dumb to think that the whole DA thing is over forever when we still continue to do what where doing before...

As I mentioned in the other thread' date=' just make a note in a text document of links, that is what I do for mine. Also you forgot to mention about disclaimers Bloodrun, lol.

[/quote']

Sheesh, I'm forgetting alot, using my grown up texting is getting to be a distraction for me.. But i'll get right on that.

Um what happens if, lets say I, start making my pokemon cards again.

I have no idea where I got 90% of my pics since I made some of the cards over a year ago and so I wouldn't be able to give credit, so wouldn't that would mean just by bumping the thread I'm breaking the rules?

So what would happen?

Also I personally think the rule is stupid, but as I think the old saying goes, I don't make the laws, I just follow them.

Um what happens if' date=' lets say I, start making my pokemon cards again.

I have no idea where I got 90% of my pics since I made some of the cards over a year ago and so I wouldn't be able to give credit, so wouldn't that would mean just by bumping the thread I'm breaking the rules?

So what would happen?

Also I personally think the rule is stupid, but as I think the old saying goes, I don't make the laws, I just follow them.

[/quote']

Old cards do not countt. New cards do.

This rule isn't stupid, apparently you don't remember the DA raids..

So what would happen?

[/quote']

Ok thanks. So if I start making cards again, just link or say who made the art in any of the new cards?

Not really. I can under stand that if they don't want the image being used with out being asked and it is used, than I can see why they would be mad. Personally if I could do half of the things the people over at DA could do and some one used my arrt, I would most likely be honored that they liked my art so much that they used it, but this is just me.

Sorry if it seems I'm posting just to say the new rule is stupid, I can under stand why it is used, I just don't see a reason for people to get mad.

So what would happen?

[/quote']

Ok thanks. So if I start making cards again, just link or say who made the art in any of the new cards?

Not really. I can under stand that if they don't want the image being used with out being asked and it is used, than I can see why they would be mad. Personally if I could do half of the things the people over at DA could do and some one used my arrt, I would most likely be honored that they liked my art so much that they used it, but this is just me.

Sorry if it seems I'm posting just to say the new rule is stupid, I can under stand why it is used, I just don't see a reason for people to get mad.

Um, right now, its just the name of the artist, but thats if its from DA, any other place requires a link, obviously.

and, no you have your opinion. This rule is just to protect YCM..

So what would happen?

[/quote']

Um, right now, its just the name of the artist, but thats if its from DA, any other place requires a link, obviously.

I understand.

Thanks for the help Bloodrun. Good luck with the new rule.

So what would happen?

[/quote']

I understand.

Thanks for the help Bloodrun. Good luck with the new rule.

Your welcome, and Thank You.

Blood' date=' may I suggest adopting the new rule I created for Pop Culture to be used for Realistic? I think it may increase the overall quality of cards.

[/quote']

The 9999 card thing? I have, except I wont list it in the rules, Imma do a Dj on this one, and give them something to read the rules for.

Archived