Eternal Struggle (no longer accepting!!)

rowan_thewolfgod

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*She wakes up an hour or so later, looking around her chamber silently thinking to herself* "i've got to try to get out of here before Ha Des comes for me" *She stands up, holding her wand in her hands tightly before swinging it at the bars in the window as hard as she could until she was exhausted* 'i have to escape but the bars wont budge and there is no way i can get through that door...' *she sighs lightly before sitting against the wall with her head and arms on her knees*

In the Abyss:

Ha Des had acknowledged Gromarg's presence and grinned devilishly. He then continued down the hall of the dungeon, thinking to himself. "A new ally? Hmm....perhaps he can prove most useful to me..." He stopped in front of a particular room, and banged on the door as hard as he could. "I HOPE YOU HAD ENOUGH SLEEP MAGICIAN GIRL!" he screamed into the door, waiting for Reciou to answer.

In the meadow:

Dex entered the village, waving to all his friends he passed as he made his way to his tent. He entered his tent, placing his helmet on his shelf and his sword next to his bunk. He started taking off his armor, letting it hit the ground under him. He grabbed a towel, wiping the sweat from his bare chest. He stopped suddenly, seeing the line of helmets that sat next to his, each one signifying past leaders of the resistance. He lay the towel across his shourlders, and walked over to the shelf and picked up the one next to his, sighing heavily. "Gilford...." he said quietly. He was a very good friend of many of the Warriors, but Gilford was certainly his best friend. He sighed again and placed the helmet back on the shelf, then walked over to his bunk and plopped down, hoping he'd have a chance to sleep before the sun rose again.

*She looks at the door somewhat startled and stands up, her face now bearing an angry look on it. She walks over to the door and kicks it as hard as she can letting him know she was still there but not happy about it* she thinks to herself, 'maybe i can flee when he lets me out, but i don't think i'm quick enough' *she sighs lightly, turning her back towards the door expecting that he was going to come in any minute. She wasn't about to show him any respect by looking him face to face.*

dmg4.jpg

Zerato stared down upon the land of Idunia, visible from the floating citadel that was the Sanctuary in the Sky, the home of the mystic Fairies. He, with his eyes that were enhanced by the powers of the pure city, could see, in minute detail, all the creatures of the lands that sprawled below him. He yawned, and turned back. Neo-Parshath, the Sky Paladin and his finest general, stood waiting for him, accompanied by Meltiel, his chief military advisor. He could read everything in their troubled expressions.

"What is wrong?" he asked, concerned.

"We have word..." muttered Neo-Parshath, wiping his brow. "We've heard that our border garrisons have been... wiped out, sir. Nearly obliterated. Luckily, we've managed to push back the assailants, but we've lost a lot of men and a small amount of key ground."

"Where?" asked Zerato quietly.

"Archlord," said Meltiel, bowing. "The Archfiends are invading again, and they're... inexplicably stronger this time. We're getting pushed back along all fronts."

"We cannot afford to lose many soldiers," mused Zerato. "Pull all defending garrisons back into the Sanctuary, we'll be able to hold from there... tend to the wounded, bury the... dead."

"On the topic of warriors," continued Neo-Parshath, "have you reached a decision regarding the Resistance?"

Archlord Zerato sighed. "It is written clearly within our texts," he said wearily. "We cannot get involved within the conflict, lest we face destruction ourselves. The time to move is not ripe."

"Indeed, Archlord," piped up Meltiel, bowing low, "but we could not afford their war at this time in any case. We must deal with these Archfiends before anything more can be determined."

"Indeed," sighed Zerato. He remembered the old times: back when he was a warrior, and he didn't have to deal with these sort of things. There was simply you, and a job to be done... now it was all so BIG. Cannot aid one force due to ancient texts or because an enemy army threatened the Sanctuary... although fifty men could hold the citadel, with its' protective enchantments.

"When had it all gotten so out of hand?" he muttered, before dismissing the two guests and sitting heavily upon his own chair, overlooking the large window, affording his great views of Idunia.

"Are you completely crazy! Why should I yield when you challenged me?" Fenrir snarled. Fenrir cut upwards into Alius's arms and kicked him onto the floor. "Now, pathetic little being. Surrender, or prepare to meet your doom. I have offered you the chance to live. Now, what do you choose?"

In the Abyss:

Ha Des pounded the wooden door again, this time scattering splinters with each blow. "I KNOW YOU HEAR ME!" he yelled. He was just about to open the door, when someone spoke from behind him. "Ha Des, what are you doing?" said a familiar voice. Ha Des turned and saw Shira, better known as the Cosmo Queen and ruler of all Spellcasters. "Sh-Shira!" Ha Des stumbled back against the door, "Wh-what are you doing here?" Shira sighed, closing her eyes and shaking her head. "You know, I don't give you servants just to have something to take your aggression out on. They are living things too..." she said, palming her forehead in frustration. "But, they deserve every bit of it! Their insolence...." Ha Des said, but was interrupted by Shira when she raised her hand to his face. "SILENCE! You are no longer allowed to lay your hands on even a single hair of my magicians! Understood?" Ha Des growled under his breath, and nodded somewhat angrily. "Yes, my queen..." he said, and he began walking away from the door silently, heading toward the stairs. Shira vanished from the hall, returning to her chamber, and Ha Des turned to where she was just standing and said to himself, "Wretched witch! One day, it'll be you taking orders from me!" He then began heading back up the stairs toward the main hall again.

*She turns and looks at the door after standing there for a few minutes. She then walks over to the door inspecting it curiously where it was damaged from him beating on the door and thinking to herself* 'Maybe i can get through the door now if i put some wear on it, but i'll have to be quiet so he doesn't hear....' *she holds her wand tightly and swings it against the door several times, noticing that the wood was giving way some to the stress put on it. *

In the Abyss:

After Ha Des had left the dungeon, a mysterious figure suddenly appeared in the hall. "Whew....for a second there, I thought he woulda saw me!" he said, wiping the sweat from his brow. He was only an Apprentice Magician, but he at least had enough knowledge to make himself invisible. "There's no way I'm gonna let Ha Des go through with his plan..." he said to himself, stepping quietly over to Reciou's chamber. "Sounds like you've got some energy." he said through the bars on the door. "My name's Alastor...just step back and I'll have you outta there in no time!"

In the Abyss, the dungeon level of the fortress:

Alastor held his wand up to the lock on the door, as light began emitting from the end of it. He closed his eyes and focused his energy into the lock, and it suddenly clicked open. He opened his eyes and stepped toward the door, opening it slowly. "Hey, that went better than expected...I thought it'd be a lot messier than that!" He motioned for Reciou to step out, saying, "C'mon, hurry up! I've got bad news for you!"

Still in the Abyss:

Alastor looks around, making sure no one else is with them, then leans forward and whispers in Reciou's ear. "We've got to get outta here....Ha Des is planning to overthrow our queen! And he's gonna use your old master to do it!" he said to her quietly, yet somewhat panicked. He grabs her arm and pulls her with him, running to the opposite end of the hall. "There's no time to rescue the others! We've got to get out before he catches us!"

In the Abyss:

Alastor stops and looks at her confusingly. "Huh? What are you trying to tell me? Can't you talk?" he said to he, somewhat annoyed. "I'm not a psychic y'know...." He turned to start running again, but before he could, a blast of energy shot from behind him, piercing his chest and killing him instantly. His limp body collapsed on the floor, as Ha Des stood at the entrance at the other end of the hall, cackling to himself. "You really thought you could get away?" he said to Reciou, "Now I WILL kill you! No one defies Dark Ruler Ha Des!" He lifted his hand toward Reciou, charging another blast of dark energy.

*She waits until the blast gets about 10 feet from her and jumps aside letting it hit the wall, making a huge hole in it from which the outside could be seen. She then runs and jumps through the hole with Alastor's body, using what energy she had mustered up into her wand to teleport as far away as it would get the both of them*

Archived