The Code Geass Topic - [Spoiler Alert]

CrabHelmet

This topic is not about any Yu-Gi-Oh anime, nor is it at all relevant to the Yu-Gi-Oh anime. This is about a completely unrelated anime called Code Geass. I know that this board is designed for the discussion of the Yu-Gi-Oh Anime, but it has been suggested several times that it be converted to cover other Anime series as well. This suggestion has invariably been met with a general response of everyone murmuring "good idea", and then nothing actually happening. But it ought to happen, and most people think it ought to happen, and I personally think it ought to happen, and it makes more sense to discuss anime here than somewhere like General, and this topic isn't hurting anyone by being here anyhow, so I'm making this topic, and if you don't like it you can squeeze your eyelids shut and pretend that this topic is actually about who would win if Rua and Sho had a duel, or something like that. So there. Unless, of course, you're Blood Rose. Hi, Blood Rose. You know you'd rather have this topic on this board than yet another topic about 5D's that says the same thing as the other fifty topics about 5D's.

Now, I want to make it clear in advance that this topic will contain spoilers for Code Geass. If you haven't watched Code Geass, then first of all I highly recommend that you do so but second of all I highly recommend you not spoil the surprise plot twists by reading this topic before watching. Also note that the dub is an entire season behind the Japanese version, so the fact that you saw the last episode at 5:00 AM on [adult swim] doesn't mean that you're all caught up and thus spoiler-proof.

But enough about that. It's time to discuss the series.

[spoiler=Massive Spoilers of Doom]Okay, seriously, what were they thinking bringing Nunnally back to life? Her death was perfect - not only because it didn't include any cliche-tastic last words scene (coughshirleycough - although kudos to them for not giving Cornelia any last words either) but also because just about everyone in the show had a role in her death. Suzaku carried and fired FLEIJA (he should have known that that would be possible given his LIVE ON Geass), Kallen attacked Suzaku which forced him to fire FLEIYA, Lelouch used his Geass on Suzaku and ordered Kallen to launch said attack, Nina created FLEIJA, Schneizel sponsored FLEIJA's creation and ordered its use, and so on.

Brining Nunnally back to life not only invalidates that excellent death but also severely damages the show simply by the concept of having characters inexplicably come back to life after apparently being killed (which also happened in the very first episode, but that doesn't really counts because everybody expects the main characters to survive past the first episode anyhow). What happens next? Guilford wasn't really killed, the flashing lights of FLEIJA just gave him an epileptic seizure and he hadn't been found yet? Mao actually survived being shot, but spent the last year in a coma? Clovis faked his death and is secretly a puppet master manipulating Schneizel? Prime Minister Kururugi survived Suzaku's attempt to kill him, and has remained undiscovered because he's a hide-and-seek grand champion? Seriously, as a rule of thumb, giving main characters plot armour like that is bad.

And why is Lelouch's sword pink? He's already been one of the most fabulous characters ever since he started making exaggerated hand gestures during his speeches. Of course, his fabulousness cannot rival that of Mr. Fabulous himself, Prince Schneizel. After all, Schneizel can have automated machine guns pop out and kill a target that's standing between him and said machine guns without harming him...simply by snapping his fingers. That's fabulous. Even Clovis was sort of fabulous. Does Emperor Charles's Y chromosome contain a "Fabulous" gene or something?

But why does C.C. get a pink Knightmare? Come on, give her a green one or something. Speaking of characters being shafted, Rivalz had the biggest role he's had in the entire series in Episode 22...and then he gets absolutely no screen time in Episode 23. Shame. Speaking of "shame", they had better not be trying to set up a Kallen/Gino ending. Those two have only spoken to each other about twice in the entire series; pulling it out of nowhere would be incredibly random, so I hope they don't try to do that.

Anyway, time for predictions. I predict that Lelouch's life will be in danger, and that he'll have his hands bound so that he can't remove his contacts - and then, conveniently, his Geass will suddenly become powerful enough to bypass his contact lenses, allowing him to escape. Either that, or he'll be about to die, and C.C., taking Suzaku's order to be Lelouch's shield literally, will force her Code on him. I guarantee that one of these things will happen in the remaining two episodes.

So, discuss.

Guest Chaos Pudding

Well, Geass had a nice run of things before devolving into a massive trainwreck of missed opportunities and FABULOUS. But I'll be damned if it hasn't been the most enjoyable trainwreck I've ever had the experience to watch.

And I'm slightly upset at Cornilia's seemingly random death. Although, you do remember Mao, don't you?

Well' date=' Geass had a nice run of things before devolving into a massive trainwreck of missed opportunities and FABULOUS. But I'll be damned if it hasn't been the most enjoyable trainwreck I've ever had the experience to watch.

And I'm slightly upset at Cornilia's seemingly random death. Although, you do remember Mao, don't you?

[/quote']

The fact that they tied up the entire Mao sub-plot in the space of three episodes was probably the first warning sign that they were going to try the cram-in-as-many-plot-twists-as-you-can strategy. But that doesn't stop Mao from being awesome.

The biggest sign of problems in R2 is that Euphemia being Geassed into killing everyone and then being shot is no longer even close to being the biggest spoiler in the series. I don't subscribe to the whole the-entire-show-is-a-trainwreck thing, but I do agree that it has serious problems, especially in R2.

Cornelia's death makes some sense, given her character. When she first encountered V.V., remember, she shot him in the head immediately just in case he had a dangerous Geass; it had been established that she was liable to kill people on the spot without thinking too much about it, even in their own lairs. Of course, the fact that Schneizel needed to do a long I AM A VILLAIN speech upon announcing his villainy seemed rather contrived.

Oh no they didn't. They did NOT just bring Cornelia and Guilford back to life without any explanation. They aren't even important to the plot anymore, and yet they STILL get the benefit of Plot Armour?

Also, Gino seems to be able to break through the Total Defense Area with a single attack, but he still gets owned by Suzaku. Suzaku is so broken with "LIVE ON" on his side. >_>

Lelouch is shown sprinting up stairs in this episode - something that we've known since R1 Episode 6 to be impossible for him. I guess he used his incredible cunning to figure out that Schneizel would try to use stairs to thwart him, so he somehow managed to get Suzaku to somehow make him fit in the one month time skip.

They recycled the Mao trick, but it's less believable this time. If you watch R1 Episode 15 again, nothing that Lelouch says depends on what Mao would respond; the only thing he really predicted was that Mao would say "C.C." during his long silence, and after that he just kept talking. This time, however, he seems to predict Schneizel's exact words; in response to Schneizel asking "Tell me, how did you discern my strategy?", Lelouch replies (with perfect timing) "It's not a strategy". And then, later in the conversation, after Lelouch's flashback montage, Schneizel interrupts Lelouch - and Lelouch stops talking the instant he was interrupted.

This episode gets a 10/10 for giving Ougi virtually no screentime.

Predictions: Lelouch decides not to use his Geass on Nunnally, but suddenly his Geass gets powerful enough to work through the contact lenses. But then Nunnally is able to overcome this Geass somehow. Also, there will be some sort of epic confrontation between Lloyd and Rakshad (either that or they'll work together to create something broken enough to destroy the Lancelot Albion). I also predict that Ougi and Nina will die, but that's more wishful thinking than a real prediction.

Predictions: Lelouch decides not to use his Geass on Nunnally' date=' but suddenly his Geass gets powerful enough to work through the contact lenses. But then Nunnally is able to overcome this Geass somehow. Also, there will be some sort of epic confrontation between Lloyd and Rakshad (either that or they'll work together to create something broken enough to destroy the Lancelot Albion). I also predict that Ougi and Nina will die, but that's more wishful thinking than a real prediction.

[/quote']

I wouldn't doubt that theses could happen, but doesn't Lelouch's Geass need eye contact with the target in some sort of form, I mean since Nunnally's eyes are usually closed wouldn't that mean it would work on her?

EDIT!!!!!!

OMFG, episode 24 is like wow, nunnally broke the geass casted on her with her own will, Lloyd and others go with the black knights, fights between Susaku and Gino, C.C. and Kallen, and more *at the end Susaku and Kallen practicly pave the stage for their fight next epi*, Lelouch tricks Schneizel and gets close enough to use Geass on him, meaning Schneizel now works for Lelouch. Guilford and Cornelia are still alive as well. Just wow my friends, wow.

can someone tell me what this show is about?

search on wikipedia

I would like to tell you' date='but it's a really long story

[/quote']

ok how about just the genral idea

It is basically about Lelouch's attempts to take revenge on Britannia & its emperor, Charles, for letting his mom die & sister blind & lame. Lelouch does that by staging a rebellion in Britannian Area 11 AKA Japan with the help of the Black Knights & eventually the United Federation of Nations & using his own Geass, a supernatural power given to him. His Geass is mind control via eye contact.

i just watched the first episode and i love it

lol to the suiside

"happaly your highness" BANG!

Try the subbed version too' date=' it can be rather perverted sometimes hen you see the fanservice of the show,Kallen

[/quote']

you mean with the shower scean

that was awsome

but i still can't belive how funny the suaside scean was

the look on his face

i just watched the first episode and i love it

lol to the suiside

"happaly your highness" BANG!

Try the subbed version too' date=' it can be rather perverted sometimes hen you see the fanservice of the show,Kallen

[/quote']

you mean with the shower scean

that was awsome

but i still can't belive how funny the suaside scean was

the look on his face

I tell there are so much more incidents involving Kallen being half-naked

both seasons 1 & 2 end with the suicide scene though

Interesting stuff to note:

Nunnally was trying to pull the same thing that Lelouch was trying to pull. But she wasn't able to conquer their mutual arch-nemesis (the stairs), so she failed.

We get an OrangexAnya ending, but more importantly, Orange starts an Orange farm.

Suzaku can still dodge bullets.

We get a LelouchxC.C. end. No, don't try and pretend that he died. He ends up with C.C., and this is fact.

C.C.'s name is never revealed to be anything more than the sound of a drop of water falling into a puddle.

Ougi survived, despite having been used by both of the Britannian princes and being the stupidest character on the show.

Clovis didn't make an appearance. Shame.

Schneizel lost his fabulous after being Geassed, and therefore didn't get any significant screentime in the finale.

Cheese-kun survived.

Guest Chaos Pudding

It might turn out that Lulu is still alive, but I think the ending, like Cowboy Bebob's, would lose some of its impact. Nevertheless, great ending.

ORENJI IMPACTO!!!!!!

Also, is it wrong of me to find Nunner's bondage outfit extremely sexy?

If Lelouch wasn't alive, C.C. wouldn't have spoken at the end. C.C. has never spoken to herself at any time during the series, so it's not an internal monologue, and she can't be speaking to Lelouch if he's dead, because she can't speak to the dead, since Marianne was alive.

[spoiler=Also, why would they go to the trouble of obscuring the cart-driver's face if he was just an extra? They deliberately prevent us from getting a look at his face, cutting away from a pan just as he's coming into view, but we do get to see some black hair.]deadluluuq9.png

And then there's the fact that Nunnally sees Lelouch's memories when she holds his hand while he "dies". The power to transfer memories like that had up until then been confined to C.C., so it's possible that Lelouch got a Code.

The Code in question might have been C.C.'s, interpreting Suzaku's order to be Lelouch's shield literally, or it might have been Emperor Charles' Code - before being dissolved into sparkles, Charles grabs Lelouch's neck with the hand that bears his Geass symbol. Lelouch wouldn't need to lose his Geass because the Code he received was not the Code of the person who gave him his Geass. And who knows, maybe the Code's healing power healed his incredibly weak muscles, allowing him to swing around that apparently-not-plastic-but-still-fabulous sword and to run up stairs. >_> This would also make him the first person to achieve "Code Geass", possessing both a Code and a Geass simultaneously, which would account for the show's title.

[spoiler=Plus, Jesus came back from the dead, and we all know that Lelouch is the new Jesus.]cross.jpg

[spoiler=Lelouch is also a wizard, so we could explain everything as "A WIZARD DID IT". >_>]contactsgo.gif

[spoiler=Plus, we'd hate to disappoint Lelouch's loyal followers...]snapshot20080928234003lb4.jpg

I also believe that Lelouch is still living. Perhaps his "death" was to give everyone the illusion of peace while he actually go in hiding with CC.

Due to the nature of this finale, I am certain that there may be a Season 3.

Perhaps it will be about the truth of Zero Requiem being revealed to the public & worldwide chaos soon followed. Then, Lelouch returns with his signature move.

"Lelouch vi Britannia commands you to die!"

Archived