√Raelen] Raelen's Splice Collection [Please Lock]

Raelen

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fearow+Nidoking is kind of weird. The first thing I need to state is I don't like the purple and brown. It was an ok Idea, but it doesn't pull through nicely. Another good point, Nidoking's head is too big, and too un bird like. It makes very little sense. Also you should have recolored the inside of the ear, by not doing so, you have a lot of different colors going on. Also I find that Nidoking contributes perhaps too little to the splice, being pretty much the head only. The purple around the horn and head frills also looks really bad.

Machamp+Charizard+Electevire could use some work. I don't like it's lack of recolor. I get though what you were going for, so its hard for me to complain since with this one it's more of a choice in style more so than quality blunder. Speaking of blunders though, on the right side of it's pecks (our right) it seems some of your red is creeping up to its arm pit. The red itself also doesn't seems to match the orange color at all. Machamp is also very overwhelming in general, since he is right on top and sticks out.

Rayquaza+Tropius is real nice. At least at first glance I mean. Everything is well done and all, but what I don't like after taking a close look is how very little Tropius is used. It's hard to complain though knowing that Tropius doesn't have too many features to lend. It's a nice splice and all, but I still think there is too little tropius.

The Voltorb Look-alike is very cliche. I mean this idea has probably been done a ton of times. A problem though with it would have to be how you have the red and white separated. With Voltorm, its goes around it's middle, horizontally. With a lot of your though, its goes around it's middle, vertically.

Not much to say about the Regirock look-alike. It's well done and I like it. I don't know if I'd call this one a look-alike though, it's more of a recolor or advance recolor.

Well the Scizzor look-alike has a similar issue as the last, more of a recolor than anything. It'd doesn't look like scissor, just has the colors of one. At least with the voltorb one, they resembled voltorb.

Well I guess there isn't too much to say, expect maybe work on having the look-alikes be a little more advance.

Thaynx, Jappio! Both the Nidoking/Fearow & the Machamp/Charizard/Luxray were both done on request, so I didn't have much say in the Pokemon and parts used.

The Nidoking/Fearow splice was quite difficult to pull off, since the D&P Nidoking sprite is facing backwards. I regret not being able to add more Nidoking to the splice. I tried adding Nidoking's tail but it would not have looked right.

In the 3 PKM splice, I tried to get the fur of Luxray to kind of blend into Machamp's body, but it didn't quite work. The Charzard recolor of Luxray's body was specified by the person who ordered it, so again, I did not have much say on the subject.

Thaynx for your comments, Jappio. Your ideas are always wlecome, and I will keep in mind all your suggestions!

P.S. On the Tropius splice, I was thinking of using Tropius' leaves, but left it as it was. When I feel compelled, I will probably attempt to add Tropius' leaves to the splice.

And yeah, the Eggxecute is pretty cliché. =P

Well I've already commented on those recolors, so I'll just grade the splice for now then.

Obviously a problem with it would be angles. The Bronzong arm things are facing more so towards us while Chingling is more turned to the left. Another issue would be the arm things in general. On Brozong it is attached to him. With this one though, they seem to just hovering there, which makes no sense. On the smile it looks weird on the left side. The shading and textures don't seem to match. This pretty much due tot he very bright highlight on it's forehead. Either remove the white and or darken it up, or lighten up and add highlights to the brozong arms.

Well I guess that's all I notice right now.

Well I've already commented on those recolors' date=' so I'll just grade the splice for now then.

Obviously a problem with it would be angles. The Bronzong arm things are facing more so towards us while Chingling is more turned to the left. Another issue would be the arm things in general. On Brozong it is attached to him. With this one though, they seem to just hovering there, which makes no sense. On the smile it looks weird on the left side. The shading and textures don't seem to match. This pretty much due tot he very bright highlight on it's forehead. Either remove the white and or darken it up, or lighten up and add highlights to the brozong arms.

Well I guess that's all I notice right now.

[/quote']

Is this better?

11v5lwp.png

The angle is better now' date=' but not perfect, and there are other problems still left behind. You still have the color issues. It's all just too straight though and Chingling is too angled.

[/quote']

I want it to look like the -ling part of Bronzling is swinging back and forth.

Thaynx for advice!

Added to first page!

Archived