√Raelen] Raelen's Splice Collection [Please Lock]

Raelen

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probopass+Snorunt+Ditto. Well firstly, the only reason I can tell there is a Ditto involved in because I gave you that. The only hint at there be anything like this on the splice would be the mushy bottom. I know Ditto is tough, and has like no features, but I still have to point out how he is completely undestinguishable. As far as the Snorunt hood goes, it could be better. I find that in a lot of it it is much too straight. Also instead of doing it from scratch, you mostly just extended it. The bottom right part is still tipped at it's original angle, which looks weird for something on this angle in this pose. The number of colors going on also seems off, perhaps change the mustach and eyes to something else. No I'm not being extra tough on this splice just because it beat mine =P

I could swear the breast cancer pink was a different shade of pink, then agian I guess since he is holding a ribbon of that color, it wouldn't look good to see Pikachu exactly match it. The symbal needs a lot of work though. The shape is too straight, almost as if it were cloth, but a steel bar. The border also seems really bad, a dark red or more black color would have been better then gray. Also right below the end to the left side of the ribbon there are those light pink shades on Pikachu, I would darken them, it would look a little better. Don't be afraid to alter the shading on the sprites if in the end it makes it look better.

I already commented on the gold recolors.

Probopass+Snorunt+Ditto. Well firstly' date=' the only reason I can tell there is a Ditto involved in because I gave you that. The only hint at there be anything like this on the splice would be the mushy bottom. I know Ditto is tough, and has like no features, but I still have to point out how he is completely undestinguishable. As far as the Snorunt hood goes, it could be better. I find that in a lot of it it is much too straight. Also instead of doing it from scratch, you mostly just extended it. The bottom right part is still tipped at it's original angle, which looks weird for something on this angle in this pose. The number of colors going on also seems off, perhaps change the mustach and eyes to something else. No I'm not being extra tough on this splice just because it beat mine =P

I could swear the breast cancer pink was a different shade of pink, then agian I guess since he is holding a ribbon of that color, it wouldn't look good to see Pikachu exactly match it. The symbal needs a lot of work though. The shape is too straight, almost as if it were cloth, but a steel bar. The border also seems really bad, a dark red or more black color would have been better then gray. Also right below the end to the left side of the ribbon there are those light pink shades on Pikachu, I would darken them, it would look a little better. Don't be afraid to alter the shading on the sprites if in the end it makes it look better.

[/quote']

Good thing you didn't rate the splice during the competition. I would've lost for sure!^_^

The Pikachu was requested by ~Twisted~. Doing the banner thing was hard. I didn't want to try and make it curved, just incase I completely messed up!^_^

Thaynx for the tips! I will PM you my newest splice so you can give me some tips before I post it.

Probopass+Snorunt+Ditto. Well firstly' date=' the only reason I can tell there is a Ditto involved in because I gave you that. The only hint at there be anything like this on the splice would be the mushy bottom. I know Ditto is tough, and has like no features, but I still have to point out how he is completely undestinguishable. As far as the Snorunt hood goes, it could be better. I find that in a lot of it it is much too straight. Also instead of doing it from scratch, you mostly just extended it. The bottom right part is still tipped at it's original angle, which looks weird for something on this angle in this pose. The number of colors going on also seems off, perhaps change the mustach and eyes to something else. No I'm not being extra tough on this splice just because it beat mine =P

[/quote']

Good thing you didn't rate the splice during the competition. I would've lost for sure!^_^

The Pikachu was requested by ~Twisted~. Doing the banner thing was hard. I didn't want to try and make it curved, just incase I completely messed up!^_^

Thaynx for the tips! I will PM you my newest splice so you can give me some tips before I post it.

Well if I had critiqued it would have gave away which one was mine, taking away the anonymous part of it. Also though I'm sure mine has a few errors in it I couldn't find. Also something being a request isn't an excuse as to why it is bad or a reason to have lower standards for it.

[/quote']

Well if I had critiqued it would have gave away which one was mine, taking away the anonymous part of it. Also though I'm sure mine has a few errors in it I couldn't find. Also something being a request isn't an excuse as to why it is bad or a reason to have lower standards for it.

Yes, I agree to the last part. I have been using that as an excuse for a while. I need to put more effort into my commission works. *sigh*

Your new ones, the Swalot & Piloswine, have a few minor problems:

Piloswine: The rock part on top, it needs some hair spurting up at the lowest rock.

Swalot: The front whisker seem to be missing a border on the part where it connects to the original body. I'm pretty sure it isn't there on the original sprite, but try putting the dark shade of brown at the edge of the front whisker.

I like them, though. Keep up the fine work. :mrgreen:

AWESOME SPLICES! Except the recolors are good-recolored but... what jappio said' date=' its not just simple recoloring to make look-a-likes... but good :)

-adamandlogan

[/quote']

Well thaynx for the critique, Adam. Yes I agree somewhat with Jappio. I just wanted to try to make a Pokemon look like another using only their colors and patterns.

Octillary+Lanturn is kind of desapointing. It's very plain, boring, and of course Lanturn is unrepresented. The textures are off too. What I'm refereing to is how the balls on the head look different than the suction cups. I would say more, but you don't have anything more with this splice.

Swalot+Torterra is pretty neat. Almost too shallow, but I think you did good about avoiding that. One could also say this a really good "re-element" or Swalot. THe plate on the forhead could be better done though I think.

Piloswine+Camrupt is odd. The rocks are the main thing I don't quite like, A little more camrupt could have been nice.

Blissy+Donphan kind of shocked me. When I looked at it, I didn't quite see the blissy part of it. Upon inspection though I found a few errors. The had part and nose look very speperate, probably due to the details in shading, while the bode seems so smooth and simple. Inclusion of the eggs also doesn't seem neccesary, I might have actualy just take it away. Shading could have been switched up right under the hear part, to add shadowing.

I <3 them all but this is the best I think. 195u1j.png

Plus' date=' maybe you could make all the colors the same so it looks like it a real pokemon. That would make me like it a lot more.

[/quote']

Well, thaynx for the compliment! I didn't like that one much, myself.

It was a request and the person specified to leave the Machamp body the original color. I might update it soon, though! ^_^

Archived