√Raelen] Raelen's Splice Collection [Please Lock]

Raelen

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

odd' date=' I thought you would have a poetry thread before a graphics thread :)

[/quote']

No, not yet. I'd prefer if they made a section for it first, so I don't feel like I'm breaking any rules. (Plus, some people might not like them..) ^_^

Oh, and thaynx, Hidden™. ^_^

It's been much too long my friend, and so I decided to stop by and critique you some.

Pikachu+Jumpluff+Scisor. There are some color issues with this guy. You have the green leaves under the puff, and there is some red on the begining of the right blad. I personally don't like how the blades come out of the puff like that either. On the left side of the face I seem some weird colors, and a white spot at that. Lots of small mistakes I'm surprised you'd make to be honest.

Scyther+Scarmory. The perk of this guy is you look at it and you don't notice it's a splice off the bat. The legs seems to be put on pretty well, but I don't like the shading and textures. The legs have some pretty bright parts, while the shoulders are darker. The wing on the left looks messed up to me, in terms of coloring.

Dusclops+Raichu+Venusar+etc. Good lord Raellen, what were you doing. I really don't get what is going on here. I'm not even refferring to the lack of recoloring. The flower and leave on the bad aren't really on the back, but instead on the ground behind him, so kind of like a background more than anything. The Raichu tail seems to be wear also, doesn't look like it belongs. Also if the flower is meant to be on the back, then it should be overlapping the tail. Being what looks to be grass, fire, ghost, and eletric all in one is also in my opinion lowering the qualaty of this guy. Fire is on a bad angle, ralts head ting looks weird, and the colors all are really distracting. I will admit though this thing is interesting looking, and although it has multiple problems, it's interesting still and was worht a look in a weird way.

Aggron+Scizor. A commone problem indeed that aggron head. Too often have I seen it's large bulkiness misused. The size of that thing is just a bit much for the small frame. I also dont' like the arms, looks like you stuck them on in the hopes they would blend and look ok. I also find the textures are pretty off.

Sableye+Mawhile. This guy is Ok. The recoloring the arms different was a nice touch. I can't spot any "errors". I suppose I want to say more Mawhile would be nice, but I guess there is a fair amount.

The recolor looks Ok. The only problem I have is the tan color. Above the right thigh, I'd move the the tan color to make it wrap inwards more. This would make more of a rounding effect.

As always, I appreciate your critiques. ^_^

Both the Pika + Jump + Scythe splice & the Dusc + Raich + Venu splice were requests from evil, evil ~Twisted~.

I will look into the problems on the Jumpluff splice and see about the weird colors. With the red on the scythe, I wanted to incorporate more of Pikachu's cheeks than what I had. Do you think I should've just removed the leaf on the top of it's head? I will also look at the coloring mistakes I made, although I probably had a reason for making them, believe it or not.

On the Dusclops splice, I admit, I did a horrible job. I don't like how it turned out at all. Let's see... I recolored the Dusclops body in Ralts' colors and I know I should not have used all of Venusaur's flower. The Raichu tail, on the other hand, I had no idea where else I could put it, and I didn't want to use the ears. I also recolored the flower in Raichu's coloring to show more Raichu. The Quilava flame does look like it's at the wrong angle. I was just too lazy to scratch the flame so it looked better. I hope I will never have to make another splice like this again. (Although, with ~Twisted~, that's just wishful thinking. ^_^)

The Scyther + Skarmory splice I like. The part I don't like either is that wing that you were talking about. I looked on the Skarmory, and it has that same exact coloring on one of it's wings as well, so that's why I used it. I probably will redo that, however.

You like the Mawile + Sableye splice? I don't like the eye that much and I think the white looks a bit too bright. I was thinking of using more Mawile by using the kind of "frills" on its waist, but I said,

"Nah, it's got enough Mawile and left it.

Anyways, thaynx for you critique! Maybe I'll come up with some more splices for you. ^_^

Raelen you know I argue the whole request thing as being an excuse. You yourself have come and requested Palkia+Xatu. At the time it seemed very hard, and almost impossible. I still agree with that stance, but I worked hard and got something out of it. I suppose though lately I've been 'cheating' and doing a lot of modifications and scratching, but the point still remains. The harder the mix, the more work that should be done to make sure it works.

As for that leaf thing, I suggest you either remove, or recolor. My whole issue with it was that it was just another color on the splice. Too many colors complicate things. As for the Sableye+Mawhile, I do like it a slight, but it's not amazing or anything. I found nothing wrong with it, so it's hard to say anything bad about it without it being total opinion from just me. I'd have to say the biggest issue with it is that it's a little bland, perhaps a tad too predictable of a method of doing it. Not bad things that you did wrong, just reasons why I'm not overly amazed about it, and that's just me personally, hence why I told you it's fine.

I'm sorta back with a new splice!!

azf01u.png

Though I may be doing splices' date=' I am no longer accepting any requests. I find requests a bit stressful. I'd rather make what I feel like making.

Thaynx for your understanding. ^_^

[/quote']

OMG

NO WAI

I'm absolutely in love with that pokemon that I happen to forget it's name. ^__^'

They're so EPIC.

In the Pinco/Dusknoir' date=' I like how you alternated colors on the 'armor'.

The eyes could have been better.

[/quote']

Yeah, they look a bit small, but I kind of like that. Small red and yellow pin points. ^_^

Edit: New splice!!!

2ntb3t5.png

I think you could have done better with the darker red area where the eyes are.

The pichu-wynaut is mediocre and too simply done.

In the Pinco/Dusknoir' date=' I like how you alternated colors on the 'armor'.

The eyes could have been better.

[/quote']

Yeah, they look a bit small, but I kind of like that. Small red and yellow pin points. ^_^

Edit: New splice!!!

2ntb3t5.png

I think you could have done better with the darker red area where the eyes are.

The pichu-wynaut is mediocre and too simply done.

Weawy?? Oh well, you're probably right... ^_^

• 3 weeks later...

Oh well' date=' its still has cancer. So you can't blame him. Wait... Raelen caused teh CANCER in Pichu!

[/quote']

I iz so evil..... X0

Wrong! It was me.

How darez you put da Cancer in da Pichu?! You have deestroyed my spiritz!.

I forced requested it.

Meh' date=' new one..

[img']http://i41.tinypic.com/16bnjpt.png[/img]

Porygon2 + Seviper

Recolors are recolors, but the color choice is hawt.

Oh well' date=' its still has cancer. So you can't blame him. Wait... Raelen caused teh CANCER in Pichu!

[/quote']

I iz so evil..... X0

Wrong! It was me.

How darez you put da Cancer in da Pichu?! You have deestroyed my spiritz!.

I forced requested it.

Meh' date=' new one..

[img']http://i41.tinypic.com/16bnjpt.png[/img]

Porygon2 + Seviper

Recolors are recolors, but the color choice is hawt.

Thaynx, I'm glad you like. ^_^

And actually, you didn't request the Pichu..

You requested the breastcancer Pikachu.

Archived