-Dark Grepher-

DarkGrepherPTDN-EN-SR-LE.jpg

Dark / Warrior / Level 4 / 1700 /1600

You can discard 1 Level 5 or higher DARK monster to Special Summon this card from your hand. Once per turn, you can discard 1 DARK monster to send 1 DARK monster from your Deck to your Graveyard.

So yeah I don't think this one has been discusssed except for the fact it was announced as a beast and then confirmed to be a warrior before the sneak preview of PTDN.

With the upcoming Pleaguespreader Zombie and with Destiny Hero - Malicious now back at 3 this card who was already insane with Dark Armed Dragon seems to become even more powerful. We all know about Armageddon Knight who can dump a dark to the grave with no cost but people usually go with Dark Grepher instead of him for the speed factor.

Discuss anything about the card : artwork, effect and other stuff.

This does have very quick grave filling but costs advantage which isnt usually good. The Special Summon cost can sometimes hurt but the fact it can summon DAD in 1 turn is a great thing. DAD can also make up for the loss of advantage.

Armageddon Knight is better in a way. Even though Armageddon Knight's dumping is a once-off, it is cost free.

For DAD, RDDT, Dark Creator, Dark Factory / Eruption Exodia, I would definately use Dark Grepher. I wouldnt use Armageddon Knight in DAD though since self-Grave control is much needed. Armageddon Knight can definately work along-side Dark Grepher in RDDT, Dark Creator and Exodia. Anywhere else, Armageddon Knight is the better option for me.

Archived