New Rule Regarding DeviantART

Bloodrun

Obvious attempt at dA trying to get more members

...you're joking right?

dA has millions of members.. it hardly needs to go begging for more on card forums. Furthermore your cards aren't even allowed to be uploaded there as far as I know.

An Image is an image is it not?

Whose to say a picture of a yugioh card is not art?

Dont even go there -.-"

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol, funny how this works.

First off, dA is completely insulting this forum in this thread. We are not 'some card forum' just like dA is not 'some art website' so please, shut the funk up, everyone.

2nd, I understand you want your art respected. We do. We credit the artists. GENZOMAN. Every member on this forum knows his name. Why? We use his art. A lot. He is one of the most famous dA members ever because of this forum. If you don't want to be popular......whatever.

3rd, Yes I respect your request. I just don't see a point to it. We're saying dA has amazing art and your saying 'don't care what you think, stop'

Lol' date=' funny how this works.

First off, dA is completely insulting this forum in this thread. We are not 'some card forum' just like dA is not 'some art website' so please, shut the f*** up, everyone.

I agree. This isn't just a card website, this is a special card website. And to make our cards look better, we use their art. It is intertwined.

2nd, I understand you want your art respected. We do. We credit the artists. GENZOMAN. Every member on this forum knows his name. Why? We use his art. A lot. He is one of the most famous dA members ever because of this forum. If you don't want to be popular......whatever.

Exactly. We all use art from an excellent DAist. This makes them more popular; not only at YCM, but around the Internet. Wherever we post our cards, DArtists come with them.

3rd, Yes I respect your request. I just don't see a point to it. We're saying dA has amazing art and your saying 'don't care what you think, stop'

I do not believe in this rule. We are helping them, yet they want us to ask them if we can use it? Most of them will say yes, as it would help them. We already credit them; now this?

[/quote']

That was just my 2 cents on what Zeroshot said. I think we share the same opinions. As for me, I really don't care as I quit making cards.

bullsucks.

we aren't saying" lol look at meh card i drew teh pix"

we're even giving a link to the original piece of art.

this shouldn't make ppl pissed at us

we're thinking they're work is cool enough to use it

it's a f***ing compliment ><

but, no

oh well, nobody will get to see my new set. or any new sets.

ITT: dAarewhining D:

I'm a member, idc if someone would use my stuff with credit xD)

not like i have anything posted

my best stuff is too big to be scanned

I have to say, this is a load of bull flying popsicles

Its there problem that they decide to post there artworks on the internet, therefore, anything on the internet can be stolen, manipulated, changed or whatever

This is the picture artist's fault entirely, if you dont want your freaking image to be stolen, take it off the flying popsicles internet. And why is it always us that these guys keep coming too, i bet ya where not the only bloody site that steals pictures

flying popsicles this flying popsicles

I have to say' date=' this is a load of bull s***

Its there problem that they decide to post there artworks on the internet, therefore, anything on the internet can be stolen, manipulated, changed or whatever

This is the picture artist's fault entirely, if you dont want your freaking image to be stolen, take it off the f***ing internet. And why is it always us that these guys keep coming too, i bet ya where not the only bloody site that steals pictures

f*** this s***

[/quote']

amen

preach it >>

' pid='1318257' dateline='1225865749']

I have to say' date=' this is a load of bull s***

This is the picture artist's fault entirely, if you dont want your freaking image to be stolen, take it off the f***ing internet. And why is it always us that these guys keep coming too, i bet ya where not the only bloody site that steals pictures

f*** this s***

[/quote']

amen

preach it >>

No, dont preach it.

There is a better to voice an opinion, without swearing.

I get it, you dont like it, theres nothing that can be done about it.

Look guys...

I do not care how much you loved pics from DA but if you made something in a shop and someone stole it you would be angry right?

Well people are doing the exact same thing on DA even ones that people are selling. I mysdo not care about this as we are all pretty good at gfx and can make some images ourselves. And with help from Wolfberserker we have another image supply place.

If you have asked for permission and you can link back to where it was given we sall not care as you have gotten permission from the artist and you have also got an image to use!

But if you can't be bothered to simply sign up to a website and ask for something instead of stealing it then we will not care about you and we will ban and warn you until you stop.

So don't like the new rule?

DEAL WITH IT!

Meh, whatever.

I use photobucket anyways (not that I really post cards in the first place)

Also how bout this.

It is plainly obvious how arrogent some people can be.

This whole conversation seems like this....

DA Member: OMG hez using mah artwork. lolcopyright.

YCMod: Puts up new rule.

DA Member: Yay, now my artwork is safe from those evil ten year old boys making their damn cards. Lemme just go to another forum and preach my bulls**t, because I have no life....

Last time I checked, the rules stated that we have to give the artist credit for their artwork, but now we have to ask for permission? Yeah, screw that. What do you want us to do next? Jump off a bridge?

I do not care how much you loved pics from DA but if you made something in a shop and someone stole it you would be angry right?

Suprisingly, I wouldn't be, I would know the truth and that's all I really need.

I understand what you mean but I think what they are doing is unessicary.

Sorry If I sounded a bit bi**hy, that wasn't my motive =/

I have to say' date=' this is a load of flying popsicles

This is the picture artist's fault entirely, if you dont want your freaking image to be stolen, take it off the flying popsicles internet. And why is it always us that these guys keep coming too, i bet ya where not the only bloody site that steals pictures

[/quote']

fine... swearing replaced =/

Guys even if you don't like the rule, tone down the swearing.

I'm looking through the whole DA site in search for artists who use the Creative Common Licence and then I will post a list in Custom Cards so that those who are too lazy to ask for permission can refer to it. Of course it will tone down the quality of the cards in the sense that the images will be overused.=/

Guys even if you don't like the rule' date=' tone down the swearing.

I'm looking through the whole DA site in search for artists who use the Creative Common Licence and then I will post a list in Custom Cards so that those who are too lazy to ask for permission can refer to it. Of course it will tone down the quality of the cards in the sense that the images will be overused.=/

[/quote']

That is very nice of you Raven.

I will make sure Every CC Forum has that list. Or I could be mean, and only give them to the members who give me moola }=)

But I wont...

I bet that many users will quit this site after they hear this >_<

It is right to ask permission from them, but, like already stated, some of the users NEVER even reply in they're own pics. Allthought, I'll think this will be a 1 answer to the Copyright question.

Obvious attempt at dA trying to get more members

...you're joking right?

dA has millions of members.. it hardly needs to go begging for more on card forums. Furthermore your cards aren't even allowed to be uploaded there as far as I know.

An Image is an image is it not?

Whose to say a picture of a yugioh card is not art?

Dont even go there -.-"

I am not trying to argue whether or not a card is art. dA has their rules for their reasons' date=' probably because as I can see from here the majority of card makers use other peoples images. Inviting people to upload cards to dA would create a lot of theft and copyright violations on the site.[hr']

' pid='1317687' dateline='1225852629']

2nd' date=' I understand you want your art respected. We do. We credit the artists. GENZOMAN. Every member on this forum knows his name. Why? We use his art. A lot. He is one of the most famous dA members ever because of this forum. If you don't want to be popular......whatever.

Exactly. We all use art from an excellent DAist. This makes them more popular; not only at YCM, but around the Internet. Wherever we post our cards, DArtists come with them.

[/quote']

That was just my 2 cents on what Zeroshot said. I think we share the same opinions. As for me, I really don't care as I quit making cards.

genzoman isn't popular on dA because of your forum, I assure you. He's popular on dA because he makes fantastic art.

I have to say' date=' this is a load of bull flying popsicles

[/quote']

So Azuh, should women cover themselves from head to do when they go outside to avoid men looking at them? Or if I go out wearing a tshirt and I am raped will it be my fault for displaying myself...

Things on the internet can be stolen. However they shouldn't. How old are you, 12? DON'T STEAL ARTWORK, MAKE YOUR OWN, ASK PERMISSION, IT'S NOT THAT HARD.

What if you save the images...

AND THEN PHOTOSHOP THEM just a teeny weeny bit? Is that un-copyrighting them?

No' date=' it's not. Then you're stealing someone's work and manipulating it without their permission.

You cannot use an artists work in any way at all without their permission, unless they have explicitly stated that they do not mind.[hr']

Meh' date=' whatever.

I use photobucket anyways (not that I really post cards in the first place)

Also how bout this.

It is plainly obvious how arrogent some people can be.

This whole conversation seems like this....

DA Member: OMG hez using mah artwork. lolcopyright.

YCMod: Puts up new rule.

DA Member: Yay, now my artwork is safe from those evil ten year old boys making their damn cards. Lemme just go to another forum and preach my bulls**t, because I have no life....

Last time I checked, the rules stated that we have to give the artist credit for their artwork, but now we have to ask for permission? Yeah, screw that. What do you want us to do next? Jump off a bridge?

Suprisingly, I wouldn't be, I would know the truth and that's all I really need.

I understand what you mean but I think what they are doing is unessicary.

Sorry If I sounded a bit bi**hy, that wasn't my motive =/

If not wanting my work or the work of fellow artists stolen makes me arrogant, I'll wear that badge proudly.

If asking permission is just too hard for your poor self, learn to make your own art and stop being a thief.

Finally, I've always supported this but DJ Osiris never allowed this to be implemented for some gay reason.

pun maybe intended =\

But to be honest all the dA's artists have had the wrong attitude and the reputation of being jabroniy 16-17 year old girls which is why they have never gotten our full support.

Also blood, she can stay if she wants you have no right to "throw her" but she has to stop picking up fights.

Archived