Yu-Gi-Oh: The Dark Heart

Lemniscate

Well, this is my first fan fic, and this is my first chapter, so here it goes...

Chapter 1

Two people walk down an alleyway, their long coats trailing on the damp ground. There eyes focusing solely on the things around them. They were not to be seen. They couldn't be seen.

They approached the door in front of them with constant briskness. They opened the door and walked through the hole now afforded to them.

As they closed the door, a voice came out of the shadows.

"Has he paid?" asked the voice.

The two men turned their heads to the side, just in time to see the small frame of an elderly man step out of the shadows.

"Not yet, he says he's broke, but he was at the bank yesterday." responded the taller of the two individuals.

"You think he's hiding something Raymond?" queried the elderly man.

"Yes sir."

"And how about you Blake?"

"I'm not sure." said the other man.

He considered this with a look of stony indifference. His hands rubbing along his chin as he mulled over the new information.

"What do you think, Blake."

"I think it's time we get him, broke or not."

"My thoughts exactly."

"Want us to get him sir?"

"Yes, go do that, take him to Branch 17."

"Yes sir."

"Well... thank you then, you two may leave."

With that the two men turned on thier heels and returned out the same door they had entered.

He sat on the grass, a little green blade twirling across his fingers. Today was a lazy day, there was no work today, no school, no chores, no anything. Just a day where he could sit on the grass and stare at the clouds.

Hours would pass this way, hours he would lay here watching the water swirl around in the air above. It was a rare day.

So he sat, and soon his eyes closed with the weight of sleep. His mind drifted off to dreams of warriors and homework.

Where he woke was different. Looking around it was dark, and he was moving. But he wasn't walking, his legs weren't carrying him. What was going on? Where was he?

"Well look, he woke up." said a voice from above.

"Finally, and we're almost there too."

Almost where?

Then he felt dropping, they must be in a Grav-Platform. They were going down, and it was a long trip. Grav-Platforms usually only took a couple seconds. It had almost been a minute now.

Then the door opened, and he was carried out.

And immediatly hit with noise.

It was loud in here, and full of people. All of them carrying cards, all of them with oversized wristbands with more cards on them. And monsters floating off the ground. Attacking each other. What was this?

"You like it kid?" asked one of the men who now carried him

"Yeah, what's it called?"

"It's called Duel Monsters, and this is your new home."

And with that, he was tossed in a room, and promptly fell asleep again.[/u]

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, now for Chapter 2

Chapter 2

He woke up with a start. Looking around the room he saw several beds other than the one he was currently laying on. The room was dimly lit and smelled dusty. Looking on the nightstand next to his bed, he saw a note.

It read "Welcome, James Formal, you have now joined the underground world of Duel Monsters. You failed to pay your debts and so now you will work to earn your keep. This is your new home. Do not attempt to leave.

Go out of your room and approach the bar next door. Bryan there has your deck. Keep it close, keep it safe, learn it. It is your key to suvival."

The letter was unmarked, and chilling, James was unsure how to react. They had taken him? The Company had taken him? It was all too surreal. Well, he had best do what the letter said.

So he got up, and quickly exited the room.

Outside he looked around until finally seeing the bar the letter had spoken of.

As soon as he walked up to it, a tall musculay man with no hair handed him a stack of the cards he had seen the night before.

"What are these?"

As this the man laughed and turned away.

"There called Duel Monsters, you battle with them." said a voice from behind James.

James turned and there stood a man. He wore army clothes and had paint on his face. He had short blue hair that barely passed for fuzz on the top of his head.

"Hi," said the man, "my name is Clay Clark"

"James Formal"

"So you're new here huh?"

"Yeah."

"I remember that. Wasn't fun. I try to help out all the newbies now."

"Thanks, so what are these cards?"

"Well, it'd take a while to expalin. Here, come watch a match."

The two quickly walked over to a crowd of people watching a game of duel monsters. Two guys stood in the center of the crowd, playing card after card. As they watched, Clay explained the game of Duel Monsters to James. James learned quickly and was fascinated by the subject, but was shocked when he was told his role in it.

"So,you see, all of us here play. Every Saturday, some of us are chosen for duels, I have one this week." said Clay"

"What do you do?"

"Well we battle with decks we were given, people bet on them, and the winner gets the prize."

"What's the prize?"

"Living"

"Wait, they kill the loser?"

"Yep."

This was absolutely horrifying to James.

"So, when do I play?"

"They usually give you a week to joins a Sect, then they start giving you assignments."

"What's a Sect?"

"There are various clubs that exist here, each of them using different cards, the deck you got is a preliminary deck, once you choose a Sect, they give you a real deck."

"What Sect are you?"

"Well, I'm in the Gray Sect, although my cards are from the Black Sect."

"How did that happen?"

"I started in the Black Sect, but I quickly left when I realized how they played. Always cheating to win, it didn't sit right with me."

"When is your Duel?"

"Later today, come watch, you'll have a good time."

James sincerely doubted that, but now that he had a friend, he wasn't going to turn it down. So they set out to prepare for Clay's date with destiny.

here is chapter 3

Chapter 3

He was going to see a fight. He was going to watch a duel.

It was the first duel he would see a friend in, the first of many. He kept looking and worrying about what might happen, would his newfound friend die? This was all happening so fast.

Just yesterday he had been as carefree as the wind on his back, but now he was stifled, stifled and stuck. There was no wind here, there was no freedom.

When the James and Cay approached the Duel spot, they found that the arena was already set up, it was like a massive underground stadium. People lined the seats cheering for whoever they bet on. The noise was defeaning. The feeling was horrible.

For all of the exitement in the voices of those in the stands, James still felt an overwhelming sadness, a feeling of longing, a feeling of entrapment.

At least he wasn't the only one.

"Will the two competitors please step towards the floor." shouted a voice from the center of the arena.

As James looked down, he saw a short, plump man standing in the center of the stage holding a Ampli-Node to his mouth.

"Well, that means me." said Cay, as he stepped down onto the floor around the stage.

James was worried, but for now he found a seat where he could best see the action. He wanted to get a good view.

"Today we have two very fine competitors." bounded the plump announcer.

"Todays battle is between Cay Clark of Gray, and Blanche Winthrop of White."

The screams from the audience got even louder at this point, every one shouted with their largest voice, all the sounds melding into one monstruous force.

"Who will win? Who will lose? What will happen?" taunted the announcer.

The screams got louder and louder.

"Will Cay walk away the victor?"

Louder and louder.

"Or will Blanche steal the show?"

Louder and louder.

"Today we find out, now begin!!!"

And the duel was on.

Cay started the game.

"I draw." said Cay as he pulled his hand out of his Duel Disk.

He smiled as he looked at his cards, things were going well already.

"I set one monster face down on the field, and set two cards in my Spell and Trap Zone. I end my turn"

Blanche smiled indifferently.

She was a tall woman, her striking white hair trailing down to the small of her back, her skirt just barely scraping the floor.

"I summon Boutiful Artemis (1600/1700) in Attack mode. Now I play one face down. Time to battle. Artemis, attack his face-down!"

Artemis lunged forward and struck the floating face-down card.

"Ha!!" laughed Cay, "My face-down card was Magician's Valkyria (1600/1800)!! Because of its 1800 defense, you lose 100 Life Points."

"Darn." said Blanche as her Life Points went down.

"Now I have 3900 Life Points." she said

"Oh well, I end my turn."

"Yes, now I draw." said Cay.

"I sacrifice Magicians Valkyria to summon Dark Magician Girl in Attack mode. Now I play Mage Power to increase my Magician Girl's Attack points by 1500, taking her to 3500 ATK!!! Now, Dark Magician Girl, attack Bountiful Artemis!!!"

Now the spellcaster leapt forward and swept her magic staff through Bountiful Artemis, as Artemis exploded into little pixelated pieces and debris.

"That brings your Life Points down to 2000, Blanche!!!" taunted Cay.

"I end my turn." he said.

Blanche looked visibly worried now, she needed something to save her quick. It looked like she had drawn just the thing.

"I play Double Summon, with this card I can perform two normal summons in one turn. First I summon another Bountiful Artemis, then I sacrifice both Bountiful Artemises to summon Majestic Mech- Goryu (2900/1800)."

"What!! It still can't beat me, my Magician Girl's ATK is 3500."

"Watch and learn." replied Blanche."I play Mystical Space Typhoon to send your Mage Power to the Graveyard. Now, Goryu, attack!!!"

This was a serious blow to Cay, with his Magician Girl gone, he had lost one of his heavy hitters, and now his Life Points stood at 3100.

"Well, that was fun. Now I end my turn." said Blanche happily.

"I draw." said Cay a bit of a stumble in his voice.

"I play Polymerization and send Dark Magician and Flame Manipulater from my Hand to the Graveyard to summon Dark Flame Magician in defense mode. Next I play de-fusion to return Dark Flame Magician to my Extra Deck, to special summon Dark Magician and Flame Manipulater to the Field. Now I play Knight's Title, and send Dark Magician to the Graveyard to summon Dark Magician Knight. Fianlly I sacrifice Dark Magician Knight and Flame Manipulater to Special Summon Dark Shade Knight (3500/2500). Now, Dark Shade Knight, attack Majestic Mech Goryu!!"

He had done it, he had pulled it off, he had gotten out one of his absolute best cards and this was it, he was going to win now for sure.

"Not so fast, I play Negate Attack." responded Blanche.

"Okay then, I set one monster in face down defense position and end my turn."

Blanche new she was in trouble, she had only bought herself some time, she would have to pull a rabbit out of a hat to win this one.

"I draw." She pulled a card out of her Duel Disk.

"I play Special Hurricane, I discard one card from my Hand to destroy all Special Summoned monsters on the Field.:

"Oh no you don't, said Cay, " I play Magic Drain and destroy your Spell Card."

"I end my turn." said Blanche with defeat.

"Fianlly." muttered Cay, "Dark Shade Knight, attack Majectic Mech- Goryu!!!"

She was down to 1400 Life Points, he had his best card on the Field. It was over.

"I end my turn." Shouted Cay with triumph.

She drew, but she had nothing. James could see a little tear rolling down the side of her face, she was going to die.

"I end my turn." she muttered.

"Yes!!! Dark Shade Knight, attack Blanche directly!!!"

And with that it was done. People were shouting with joy, people were running around carrying wads on cash in their hands. And through it all, Blanche layed on the floor and cried as she was picked up and carried away.

James met up with Cay just as Cay was exiting the stage.

"Great job man, you won!!!"

"Yeah, it was pretty easy. I hate to see Blanche go though, that's the rough part of these things, oh well, better her than me."

And with that the two of them exited the arena.

Lets just be happy that james is off to a good start with everything. It's just the throught of dieing that worrys me but then again the Dragon deck should come in handy. That Spellcaster Deck is nasty would hate to end up makeing friends with some of those monsters.

Well if this ends up on T.V that will be shocking. :D

Maybe they will make it after 5ds but thats a 1 out of 100 chance of happening

I would say more out of 10000

Lets just be happy that james is off to a good start with everything. It's just the throught of dieing that worrys me but then again the Dragon deck should come in handy. That Spellcaster Deck is nasty would hate to end up makeing friends with some of those monsters.

My Spellcasters stick with your Dragons

Archived