• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 6

"You used my card."

He had been expecting this.

"Why did you take my card?"

He turned around.

"I thought it would be helpful." said James.

"You didn't even ask."

"I'm sorry; I was just worried that you would say no."

"Why would I say no?" asked Cay.

"I don't know, I was just worried."

"I'm sad that you would think I would be like that, and I'm sad that you woud steal from me."

"I'm really sorry."

He felt bad, but there was still something, somewhere deep inside him that felt no remorse at all. He didn't know why, but that part was still there. He just couldn't shake him. It made him feel sick.

"Well, I forgive you." said Cay, "now you're probably tired. You should get back to your room."

He was tired, tired of this confrontation, tired of the feeling inside of him, just tired.

..................................................................................................

It was the next day. He still felt terrible. He felt like a criminal. But he would get over it.

He was happy he had won. He was happy that Cay had forgiven him.

He was happy...

Oh no.

It was them.

He had just seen two men walk into the Underground, they carried one small man in their arms.

He had seen these men before. These were the same two men who had taken him and brought him down here. They were back, and they could work the Lift. He saw the opportunity the same second he saw them.

He was running, already running after the men. Chasing them, attempting to reach the Lift in time.

"Hey, James?"

It was Cay, he had seen James, and the rest of the group was with him.

And then they were running, they were all running. James chasing the two men. The group was chasing James. They were all running fast.

The two men reached the lift and stepped in, punching the up button as fast as they could. And then they were up.

And James and the gang were holding onto the bottom of the lift.

Rising, and rising.

And then they stopped. And the two men exited the lift. And James and the gang snuck off after them.

And as quick as could be, they were above ground.

..........................................................................................................

The breathed in the fresh air, James, Cay, Alex, and Tyson. They hadn't felt it for quite a while. Some of them longer than others.

It was great.

They all stood there, forgetting the fact that they were chasing those two men, forgetting all other things that they had felt, just breathing in the air they had so long ago forgotten.

Then they all came to their senses.

They were going to be searched for, they had to do something. They had to hide.

They searched the sorrounding area for an open building, for anywhere that might provide shelter and safety while they figured things out.

Finally they found a spot, underneath an old apartment complex, where they could rest.

None of them had their things, they would have to live off of the clothes off their backs.

That was fine. They were free.

They spent the night playing Duel Monsters and planning their next move. They battled back and forth as to what they should do. Arguing as to what they should do next.

Finally they decided, they had to find those two men again.

They would watch the door to the Underground, then they would ambush the two men and interrogate them.

That was that, they had a plan.

They weren't going back down anytime soon.

Archived