My First Yugioh Fan-Fic: Evolution of a Duelist

Mysty

Do you like this Fan Fic? (this poll taken straight from CB123's Fan Fic)  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this Fan Fic? (this poll taken straight from CB123's Fan Fic)

• Man! I just LOVE this Fan Fic!
    • This is pretty good!
    • It's good.
    • It's bad.
    • I don't really like this.
    • This Fan Fic SUCKS!!!!

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You'd have to drop their relationship' date='

add the "Shadow Realm",

use more rich characters who play Dragons,

and fill all the Decks with situational Topdecks.

[/quote']

-That's true, even if they aren't technically in one. I would still have to take away their physical displays of love, even for a Japanese anime that would be dubbed by 4kids.

-The soul duels would probably be needed to be changed to Shadow Games, where the loser's soul gets sucked into a card.

-How could I forget a rich character with a 3000 ATK Dragon!?

and

-Yeah, look at when John draws Spell of Pain just when Ceasefire was activated. In fact, I make a lot of the characters win by the last card.

Some other things that would need to/would be changed:

-Chapter 12. Need I say more?

-"You can't defeat me, especially since I have a God by my side." That line gets mentioned at least 5 times in this fic. Misty bragged about how she had 3 Gods compared to Chris's 1. The original Yugioh was probably the best dubbed because 4kids was still experimenting. They called the 3 greatest monsters in the game "Egyptian Gods." They won't make the mistake of calling anything a "God" anymore, so that line would be removed in the English dub, but could stay in the Japanese version.

-The duels with more than 1 of any significant card would probably be changed in order to maintain the "Only 1 of each" rule. Ex: Jesse had only 1 of each Crystal Beast. Why should Chris have more than 1? Luckily John's deck wouldn't be hit so hard from that.

-The duel involving The Wicked Avatar would probably have The Wicked Avatar in it. Sadly, since it probably wouldn't be used correctly, it means John still has a change of surviving. Otherwise, if the Avatar were played correctly, it would be summoned, equipped with at least 1 Black Pendant, and immediately Reversal Quiz'd. That way the opponent wouldn't be able to life gain his way out of the loss.

-All references to how Kim looks would be removed.

Anything else?

The Mirrors won't do a lot against a Kingdom deck based on the fact that most of the monsters are EARTH. There's another duel against the Wicked Gods right after this one though. Not a lot of the effects of the Wicked Gods are stopped by the Mirrors. The few that are stopped are Eraser's destruction effects and Avatar's effect that stops spells and traps from being activated. All the other effects are Continuous Effects, which do not "activate", which is why Jinzo owns SIM.

As it turns out, if you don't count the epilogue, this fic will reach Chapter 86.

[spoiler=Slight description of what will happen in each future chapter]

Chapter 82 - John vs. Wicked God-possessed Emp

Chapter 83 - John vs. the Wicked Gods

Chapter 84 - Storyline chapter: explains more about Destiny and Emp, in addition to a lot of other stuff

Chapter 85 - The duel between John and the final duelist

Chapter 86 - The ending. Has a surprising twist that leaves enough room for a sequel.

Epilogue - wait, why the hell would I tell you what happens in the epilogue?

Archived