My First Yugioh Fan-Fic: Evolution of a Duelist

Mysty

Do you like this Fan Fic? (this poll taken straight from CB123's Fan Fic)  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this Fan Fic? (this poll taken straight from CB123's Fan Fic)

• Man! I just LOVE this Fan Fic!
    • This is pretty good!
    • It's good.
    • It's bad.
    • I don't really like this.
    • This Fan Fic SUCKS!!!!

I just hope we get to see more of the Time Cards in action in other ways

What do you mean? Do you expect that John will go back in time/into the Spirit World with them?

Those Time Cards are cool now I've seen them in action!

Great writing!

Thanks, I was expecting them to be cool. Also, LC, we have some business to discuss. Check your PMs frequently.

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a new thread I found.

Hi there' date=' have you ever wanted to make your own story based on the Yu-gi-oh but don't have the creativity to come up with the plot or characters for your masterpiece of modern literature. Well not a problem, with these simple rules and guidelines you can write a story that seems original even though your basing on a series that has re-used the same plot for about 10 seasons. I will be separating this guide into three parts that I will post over the next few days (Characters, Cards and Plot) and hopefully this will help you in your attempt to make something that will be exciting and hilarious. Who knows, maybe your story will be use for the plot of the next Yu-gi-oh spin off.

The Characters:

Yu-gi-oh is a series known for having characters in it that are about as out there as Pluto is from the planet Earth. In an episode you see pharos, jungle men, dueling monkeys, demons, angels, crazed magicians and amazonian warrior women who turn into tigers. This means that no matter what you come up with it will be ok because fans of the show have already seen the weirdest things under the sun. If you add a dueling ninja who play the card game in the shadows no one will say anything, in fact they might complain if you do anything less. These crazy characters will comprise of the villains and minor characters that will litter your fanfic like trash at your locale garbage dump. Now even with this freedom there are still many things you have to do or else it really isn't a yu-gi-oh series.

First of you need the main character, you know that guy who will be doing most of the important stuff and winning every battle he or she is ever in. The only reason this person should lose a duel is because in it makes that person a better people and develops his/her character. Either that or the opponent cheated. This character will have a deck made up of cards that would never work together in real life, even though he/she uses them together in a way that makes them unstoppable. Also add one creature with 2500 attack power just because. This will make that character the underdog when compared to his/her rival, who will have a monster with 3000 attack just because. It also helps if the character has the syllable "Yu" in it's name. Examples are "Yu"gi Moto, Jaden "Yu"ki and "Yu"sei Fudo.

The next important character you need to add to your fanfic is the rival to your main character. This character is really vital to the plot since he/she will have about the same winning streak as the main character, along with being the one who will duel him the most and losing again and again at his hands. This character otherwise is better than the main character in every way, having more money and better cards that might actually work together in a deck. Also the rival's personality is always that of a pretentious douchebag, so you don't have to think too hard about making up this character.

The villains are next. As stated before villains in yu-gi-oh have always been ridiculous so feel free to be creative. The only thing you need to know ahead of time is that your villain is going to try to take over or destroy the world using the mystic powers of a children's card game. If you make, oh let's say, an evil phyciatrist who is trying to take over the world of the duel spirits using a little girl as some sort of portal to get there no one will think for a second that that is silly or if they do they will continue reading your fanfic regardless. Just remember that villains use lots of dark monsters to show that they are in fact evil.

Lastly you have the minor characters. These character will be everywhere your main character looks and will constantly challenge him to duels when he is not busy fighting the bad guys (or even when he is). These people are just as ridiculous as the villains, have weird accents, stupid names and decks that are worse than the main characters in usability. Out of all the minor characters there are a few staples you must add. First is the sidekick, this lovable character is always the worse duelist in your entire story, losing left and right until the main character teaches him/her how to actually play the game. You also need the love interest. This character is in love with the main character (even though the main character doesn't know it) and tries to prove his/her love by playing card games in an attempt to impress the one they love. Lastly, somewhere in our story add a set of twins. Yu-gi-oh had the Paradox Brothers, 5Ds had Ruka and Rua, even GX had Sarina who split herself in two. Besides, without twins what other excuse do you have to add tag dueling to your fanfic.

Well that is all for now, stay tuned for the next part of my tutorial. See ya soon.

[/quote']

I just wanted to compare the stereotypical Yugioh series (which kimmy basically writes about). He says that a yugioh series must have:

-Characters that are totally out there - I can't name such characters in my fic off the top of my head, but there must be some. I guess Mystery counts.

-A main character with the following characteristics:

• has "Yu" in his name - John Legionary doesn't have "yu" in it.

• has a pile of crap cards that don't work together - although he didn't use it, he did have one such deck. After that deck he had a deck of random situational Warriors that only worked because of Reinforcement of the Army and The Warrior Returning Alive.

• has a monster with 2500 ATK - only in his Time deck, but Expert of Time - Larry doesn't play a big role. If I gave him more support he might become pretty good but, otherwise, he's not really the trump card.

-A rival that has the following characteristics: Well, I don't really have a rival as one.

• a monster with 3000 ATK - generally it's also a Dragon.

• wins against everybody except the main character

• has better garbage in the deck that could actually work together

• is extremely arrogant

-Villains that:

• try to take over the world using a children's card game - you mean The Wicked Gods?

• use a lot of DARK monsters to show they're evil - Sartorius would like to speak with you.

-A sidekick that sucks at the game until the main character teaches him how to play - Kim almost qualifies for that role, especially since her ace card has 2400 ATK, much like Joey and Akiza.

-love interest in which the girl is in love with the guy but the guy doesn't know it - not quite true for my fic....

-the twins AKA one of the only excuses for a team duel - no twins in my fic, but there are team duels in my fic. Figure it out.

Overall, character-wise, my fic does NOT look like a yugioh series, especially since it also does not have a fan-service character or at least 1 little kid who kinda likes the main character or sees the main character as a really awesome person (in Leo/Rua's case). It still did pretty good. I think I'll put some of these elements in my 3rd fic, which I still do not have a name for.

Also, @ragnarok, the epilogue will have 5 chapters in it. E3 will reveal some stuff about what happened off screen, or text. E4 will be an epic duel. E5 will bring this fic to a gentle close.

Wow' date=' I just sat here for the past 3 nights reading this Fan-Fic. Best I've read in a while. I love it!

[/quote']

Well Volcan, I still have 3 more Epilogue chapters to go and then I will start writing the 2nd book in the trilogy, Easter Epiphany. It will focus on Kim as the main character.

Wow' date=' I just sat here for the past 3 nights reading this Fan-Fic. Best I've read in a while. I love it!

[/quote']

Well Volcan, I still have 3 more Epilogue chapters to go and then I will start writing the 2nd book in the trilogy, Easter Epiphany. It will focus on Kim as the main character.

looking forward to it.

Also thinking about making my own now.... [it would definitely put my made-up cards into the process of showing people how they work...]

Yeah, I didn't think my fic would be any good. Now it almost looks like it's one of the best. In fact, when I started writing I only had 3 major bosses in mind, each one being one of the main characters turned evil (Chris as the Grand Leader, Kim as a pseudo-Dark Signer, and John as the Kingdom - Jack). Although John wasn't so much as a major villain as originally planned (I originally planned for him to be as powerful as the Supreme King) he wasn't a disappointment. The Wicked Gods didn't do so bad either as the main villain either. Too bad I probably won't use them again.

I was going to try to make this fic into a real-life movie until I figured I would run into many problems. I was thinking of turning it into a manga first and then an anime kinda. But then again I would adjust it to be 4kids approved and have very few characters use more than 1 of many cards (John would still use 2 Marauding Captains for attack locks when needed). Who here would watch my anime if I had to edit it to make it 4kids approved?

Archived